New Weekly Challenge

Any takers? :) I won't create the thread until I know the challenge is accepted.
i'll play :D

I don't know how do that or that and tomorrow is the only day I have to do it in!
'simples, Annie - position your mouse over the start of the phrase, left click and drag over all the relevant words which will highlight them then left click the B for bold or the slanted I for italics as it appears top left of the dialogue box your typing in. it really is easy :D

i'll play :D

'simples, Annie - position your mouse over the start of the phrase, left click and drag over all the relevant words which will highlight them then left click the B for bold or the slanted I for italics as it appears top left of the dialogue box your typing in. it really is easy :D

Some people(like Me and UYS) have the extra special tool bar turned off. You have to go into CP to turn it back on.

All these years I've been here and nobody told it was bloody there! Come to think of it it's my 3rd anniversary this month!

Last edited:
All these years I've been here and nobody told it was bloody there! Come to think of it it's my 3rd anniversary this month!

I did most of my setup when I first got on, about a year ago, so don't remember much that I set then. I do seem to recall setting the order of threads or posts within a thread so one sees the newest first. Played with settings a couple of times along the way, usually going back to what I had before.

So tomorrow is the start of another week, and Tristesse's challenge is now done, i believe ... anyone up for the next?

I have something up my sleeve if not, but there may be those waiting still to throw down their challenge so please wave your hands here :D

if no one else suggests anything by the morning, i'll throw out mine. :cool:

I think I shoud pass

Great!

it's only as hard as you make it.
what you wanna do? :D

I'm sorry, I didn't read the entire thread. I thought I was responding to the weekly challenge (I'm starting to write again) rather then come up with the actual challenge itself.

I'll play along for a few weeks before I attempt to come up with a challenge

Maybe I'll take this week's then? I'd be curious to see what people come up with to respond in poem form to a fairy tale (akin to what Olga Broumas did with Cinderella or Anne Sexton's Transformations, perhaps)? What do you all think?

I'm interested in seeing your challenge. If you have links to examples that would be great, too.
We had a fairy tale challenge in 2009 Survivor, but I sort of ended up spinning my own, with no real reference to an existing story.

I notice this thread is now sticky, but I still think each challenge should be in a separate thread, otherwise its hard to see when each one starts (and sometimes they overlap). I think most of the challenges had a link from here to the new challenge (but I believe I forgot to put one in - just popped ups a new challenge).

Maybe I'll take this week's then? I'd be curious to see what people come up with to respond in poem form to a fairy tale (akin to what Olga Broumas did with Cinderella or Anne Sexton's Transformations, perhaps)? What do you all think?

i think that's a fascinating idea, PG - don't think i've been down that particular road before, so i'll be sure to enjoy the scenery along the way

That's the challenge?

i think that's a fascinating idea, PG - don't think i've been down that particular road before, so i'll be sure to enjoy the scenery along the way

Rework a fairy tale?

Perhaps you could point us new guys towards past submissions. Just to see what is acceptable

Back