No Bar License Required In Washington State, Guess Why

I think proficiency is the operational term and that can probably be checked off in a number of ways.

But that is interesting. All legitimate professional programs ensure the curriculum covers necessary essentials for the profession. So is graduating those programs with a 3.0 for example essentially the same thing as passing a licensing exam? If so, the exam folks are gonna have to find a new scam, maybe migrate into the CEU arena.

I don’t know about that bar being racist, but I did wonder how a bar exam was racist, but I guess it could lean that way if it’s state by state and not national.

Most firms put new admittees to work in the law & motions section to learn their way around the paperwork aspect of legal practice as well as learning the specifics of the law in their jurisdiction because not all jurisdictions have exactly the same laws. They should expect to spend several years in that position and it is a sort of training program for those who survive the experience.

The UK has a different model, they have barristers and solicitors. It is essentially the same thing, barristers learn how to be solicitors by working for solicitors, they just use different names for it along with restrictions on who can be what.

The biggest problem with the Washington Sate Bar decision is that it continues the trend of allowing non lawyers to practice law.

Hell, John Wesley Hardin gave that a try, practicing law.

I bet his clients paid him promptly.

The UK has a different model, they have barristers and solicitors. It is essentially the same thing, barristers learn how to be solicitors by working for solicitors, they just use different names for it along with restrictions on who can be what.
Barristers (the ones in wigs) advocate in court, and are hired by solicitors.

Solicitors advice clients and draft legal documentation.

Each has is own qualifying and training standards.

Hell, John Wesley Hardin gave that a try, practicing law.

I bet his clients paid him promptly.

Probably didn't lose many cases either.

I wonder if our resident legal detractors and badmouthers could connect those bullet holes in the target?

Back