On voting

Re: rock the vote

denis hale said:
Maria's stories are awesome! She deserves every vote she garters... uh, I mean,
garners...

Hmmmm.....Maria in garters....I like that thought.....:D

my gosh, I'm actually blushing here, denis :) thats such a compliment..and you know what? i am almost embarrassed about that story ;) ( not) its a how to... ( giggle) only explanation I have is tht I have MPD ...hehe..which one is the evil one? I dont know... thanks again, maria

ps, fool? maybe I'll put a pic like that one here someday ...hehe

For what it's worth, on the subject of voting -- I find it therapeutic to vote. I try not to be too willy-nilly about it since I know some folk take it personal, but it feels good to read something and have my say about what it said and/or how the author said it.

The best thing about voting and feedback is that it helps me clarify to myself what I like and why. (for you writers out there --yes, that means I'm using you -- I hope you don't mind :D)

My own scores? After my first couple of posts, I don't notice much. It warms my heart when I see a high vote and am amused when I see a low.

Votes and Reads are signs of life.
Life is good.

OT said:
For what it's worth, on the subject of voting -- I find it therapeutic to vote. I try not to be too willy-nilly about it since I know some folk take it personal, but it feels good to read something and have my say about what it said and/or how the author said it.

The best thing about voting and feedback is that it helps me clarify to myself what I like and why. (for you writers out there --yes, that means I'm using you -- I hope you don't mind :D)

My own scores? After my first couple of posts, I don't notice much. It warms my heart when I see a high vote and am amused when I see a low.

Votes and Reads are signs of life.
Life is good.

yes, OT, life is good :)..and I don't let the voting get to me. As for feedback, you always give good feedback. I have revised some of my work per your suggestions, and as for the last couple you sent, well, my yahoo email sucked, pardon the language. It would not allow me to send or reply ..it would just freeze my computer.
So, I did get them, just couldn't get back to you, so I have changed my email address now. ( I wasnt being rude, and I never meant to scare you with my poems) :rose:

oh yeah, Neo, I thank you for noticing I can spell...LOL...I almost won a spelling bee in the 7th grade, I missed the word "foreign" damned rules,..I before E except after C and in words like neighbor and weigh? yeah right...hehe...it totally confused me, and I had this witch teacher in the second grade that hit me on the hand three times ( with a ruler) cause I misspelled raccoon and I am still not sure if I spell it right. I think I have a mental block against it or something, so I usually just abbreviate it, as "coon"
:D funny, huh...gotta love the education system here in the south ;) see ya'll later, maria

Maria2394 said:
oh yeah, Neo, I thank you for noticing I can spell...LOL...I almost won a spelling bee in the 7th grade, I missed the word "foreign" damned rules,..I before E except after C and in words like neighbor and weigh? yeah right...hehe...it totally confused me, and I had this witch teacher in the second grade that hit me on the hand three times ( with a ruler) cause I misspelled raccoon and I am still not sure if I spell it right. I think I have a mental block against it or something, so I usually just abbreviate it, as "coon"
:D funny, huh...gotta love the education system here in the south ;) see ya'll later, maria
Oh no... that wasn't me, that was Denis complimenting you on your spelling skills. I can't spell, so I wouldn't know if you were any good at it -- being from the south myself and all :p

neonurotic
paying homage to my own 16 voting fans er... the 2 that vote 8 times each...

neonurotic said:
Oh no... that wasn't me, that was Denis complimenting you on your spelling skills. I can't spell, so I wouldn't know if you were any good at it -- being from the south myself and all :p

neonurotic
paying homage to my own 16 voting fans er... the 2 that vote 8 times each...

yeah :) I realized that around 3 am I think...sorry, I was tired. You know, denis can spell, that was probably just a typo, and I can barely type, "they" wouldnt let me take typing in HS, said it was a vocational class and I was in college prep.... ( laffin my ass off) and hey, I read your stuff too, and vote..you know that ;)

hey. love your bat...was wondering if you could hang that cat up there like that

The Bat Flew Away

neo has moved on to coffee. I can't imagine why. Heehee. :p

Maria2394 said:
yeah :) I realized that around 3 am I think...sorry, I was tired. You know, denis can spell, that was probably just a typo, and I can barely type, "they" wouldnt let me take typing in HS, said it was a vocational class and I was in college prep.... ( laffin my ass off) and hey, I read your stuff too, and vote..you know that ;)

hey. love your bat...was wondering if you could hang that cat up there like that
I was counting you as one of the two—if you're only voting once than the other is voting 15 times. ;)

Mm that bat was getting a transfusion and as far as the cats, not sure about that. I have enough of them to rival the 'Kitty Mama'—I can go and find out... here kitty, kitty...

Angeline said:
neo has moved on to coffee. I can't imagine why. Heehee. :p
What can I say I'm a latté lover and living in the land that made Starbuck... hmm ya, that's it....

neonurotic

What can I say I'm a latté lover and living in the land that made Starbuck... hmm ya, that's it....

Whatever you say, my friend. :) If it weren't about a million degrees here, I could go for an orange mocha latte. (Yes I know it's very sweet, but it's dessert...sorta.) Hey I like their Columbian and Christmas Blend, too. Yum.

Angeline said:
Whatever you say, my friend. :) If it weren't about a million degrees here, I could go for an orange mocha latte. (Yes I know it's very sweet, but it's dessert...sorta.) Hey I like their Columbian and Christmas Blend, too. Yum.
lol neo is my wicked pseudonym, the man behind the perverted persona has a gf who has lattes at home.
An orange mocha latte sounds too much like an Orange Milano cookie... another addiction... mmMint Milanos--like thin mints, but better. Try the frappaccino version if it's million degrees out—you should get your dessert... sorta ;)

neonurotic

And they sell that orange mocha thingy at Starbucks--and it's gooood. They got me through a lot of long awful commutes to my job--before I said corporate life blows; I'm writing poetry, that is.
:D

Last edited:
Back