I am true

Yours; Heart & Soul

Speak your desire

Charming simplicity - the Wild Rose

or how'bout this:

"Love lies hidden in every rose"
~ Alfred Noyes ~

More Rose inspirational info

In ancient Hindu legend, Gods, Vishnu, protector of the world, and Brahma, creator of the world, argued as to which was the most beautiful flower. Vishnu praised the rose, while Brahma, who had not seen a rose sided with the lotus. When Brahma saw the rose he agreed at once that the rose was supreme and rewarded Vishnu's devotion by creating for him, his wife, the Goddess Lakshmi from 108 large and 1,008 small rose petals.

The Greek goddess Chloris turned a beautiful dead nymph into a flower; Aphrodite added beauty; the three graces added brilliance, joy, and charm. Dionysious donated fragrant nectar, while Zephyrus the west wind blew away the clouds so Apollo could shower the rose in sun. The flower was then given to Eros, the deity of love, and named the ~Queen of Flowers~ .... the first rose.

Re: More Rose inspirational info

PlayDoe said:
The flower was then given to Eros, the deity of love, and named the ~Queen of Flowers~ .... the first rose.

I am liking this flowery stuff. You are a real sweet heart to find all this out for me. I now have many excellent choices.
Thank you, pal.

Rose:heart:

Since this seems to be the Rose thread

I know I would like to see some of Rose's artwork if she would share. I notice a brush in the hand of the current Av. And yesterday's had a sketch in it.

I can do that....

alrighty. I will share. let me try to post a piece.

Thank you for asking.

pencil

this is from a relief from over the door of the oldest hotel in Rapid City, SD.

Not one of my best works, though.

Last edited:
Re: pencil

A Desert Rose said:
this is from a relief from over the door of the oldest hotel in Rapid City, SD.

Not one of my best works, though.

Very nice. :) I have always liked that medium.

These are kind of small. sorry. i will figure out how to post them bigger eventually lol.

So what mediums do you like? I like pencil (even the colored ones), charcoal, and oils. I never really could do much with water colers and find very little in them appealing to me.

Watercolor is very non-forgiving. But I love the challenge. I usually work in pencil or conte or charcoals. sometimes pen and ink.

I didn't know you were an artist, too Hot4. We have lots to talk about...

Hey Rose;

Your work looks a lot like the plates one sees in vintage Architectual texts and such from the 19th Century.

Very nice stuff!

Cheers;

Lance

Lancecastor said:
Hey Rose;

Your work looks a lot like the plates one sees in vintage Architectual texts and such from the 19th Century.

Very nice stuff!

Cheers;

Lance

Thank you, Lance.

Less than 150 posts and I will be at 1000.

I need more ideas for a title. I will be there soon.

If you kinda like me, post some nice ideas. If you don't like me, just move along, please. I don't deal with mean people very well.

By the way, I am going to win the football pool.

Back