Patting the backs and tooting each others horns

annaswirls said:
I think I toot my own horn too much. Will hair start to grow on my palms? :cool:

Stirring

Okay one final toot, I am really pleased, this is the toughest place that has taken anything of mine. I am purring :cathappy:

:rose: atta girl . . . congrats. :kiss:

annaswirls said:
I think I toot my own horn too much. Will hair start to grow on my palms? :cool:

Stirring

Okay one final toot, I am really pleased, this is the toughest place that has taken anything of mine. I am purring :cathappy:

Nice job. :)

congratulations everybody! wow we sure have some awesome poets here. but then, i knew that already.

:rose:

champagne1982 said:
I was just reading through the 30 day thread and realized that it has been a seemingly long time since we've had so many poets writing so comfortably together.

Toot! Toot!
Neonurotic for your wonderful idea of the 30 Poems in 30 Days thread. (thanks, too)

TheRainMan said:
I second the toots for Neo, and for writing poetry together.

Toot! Thank you.

Here I thought ya'll hated me with all your whining. Just kidding. It's fabulous that every poet is so inspired to write poetry for this challenge, so toots for them too.

annaswirls said:

Congratulations Maria, my favorite kakalak!!!​

Thank you, Anna!! :heart:

remember the crazy day I had back in January, I posted about on here, and told you how hard a time I had getting a snail mail entry out? That was it...I think I got really lucky that they took my poem.

In case anyone is curious, it was a PASSION THREAD poem :D

see what can come from that thread? oh yeah, for anyone who loses heart after a few rejections,..I submitted that particular poem six other places and it was rejected 6 other times until Kakalak took her.

I want to toot for Sabina! There is an interview at the habit. I tossed a few questions out, and she came back with some terrific answers. Fascinating lady. Thanks, Sabina.

interview
main page

And thanks to those who have, and will, submit poetry. The place was closed for a heck of a long time, but it's starting to look pretty good. ;) Oh, more tooting. There are some poems from Angeline and Tath and Rybka. Thanks, guys!

By the way, I'm not much of a tooter. I don't like toot my own horn, and I feel like I am since I'm mentioning my site. So, even if you don't want to visit the habit, I hope you'll still take a moment to check out Sabina's interview. She's lovely person and a very good photographer.

WickedEve said:
I want to toot for Sabina! There is an interview at the habit. I tossed a few questions out, and she came back with some terrific answers. Fascinating lady. Thanks, Sabina.

interview
main page

And thanks to those who have, and will, submit poetry. The place was closed for a heck of a long time, but it's starting to look pretty good. ;) Oh, more tooting. There are some poems from Angeline and Tath and Rybka. Thanks, guys!

By the way, I'm not much of a tooter. I don't like toot my own horn, and I feel like I am since I'm mentioning my site. So, even if you don't want to visit the habit, I hope you'll still take a moment to check out Sabina's interview. She's lovely person and a very good photographer.

Great interview! Sabina is a talented and modest--two qualities I much admire. ;)

And while we're on the subject of modesty, I'll bypass mine to thank you, Eve, for publishing my poems and making me a part of your site. It's great to see the Habit alive and kicking again and even better to be associated with it.

:heart:

WickedEve said:

interview
main page

Dear Webmistress,

you sure have a beautiful site with some highly talented submitters.

i love the colours and the graphics, the photography and the writing.

brilliant!

best wishes for future issues.
wso

Angeline said:
Great interview! Sabina is a talented and modest--two qualities I much admire. ;)

And while we're on the subject of modesty, I'll bypass mine to thank you, Eve, for publishing my poems and making me a part of your site. It's great to see the Habit alive and kicking again and even better to be associated with it.

:heart:

Congrats to Eve, Ange, Sabina, Tath, Rybka and all involved in the revitalization of Eve's Habit. I am glad it is working out so well for you! :rose:

I am bumping and saying thank you to Eve for the wonderful promotion and new page of my black and white photography she put up! Eve, you are the best!
Thanks to all that have supported me here and there :kiss:

Sabina_Tolchovsky said:
I am bumping and saying thank you to Eve for the wonderful promotion and new page of my black and white photography she put up! Eve, you are the best!

Beautiful photography! Congrats!

Thanks to all that have supported me here and there

Congratulations :)

I thoroughly enjoyed those beautiful photographs, I especially love the one titled morning light, maybe some one could write a poem describing it. Such a sensual pose :heart:

Alas I spoke to soon! So many exquisite photographs worthy of a poem, just the tip of the iceberg, and so many others I have not yet seen on that sight.
I will never get any sleep now. :confused: :)

Last edited:
Sabina_Tolchovsky said:
Thank you for letting me display it and putting up with my pushy ways. Oh, I forgot to add your bio to the site--the one I demanded. :D

Spring Edition of Mannequin Envy is live

...with a new lit contributor. I am not sure if they are shy or not... if not, eh hem, speak up.

Thanks to the Rain Man for making the poetry pour down on us... I am exhausted.

The artwork is incredible, thanks Bogusbrig for referring Juul to me.

Thanks for stopping by!

annaswirls said:
Spring Edition of Mannequin Envy is live

...with a new lit contributor. I am not sure if they are shy or not... if not, eh hem, speak up.

Thanks to the Rain Man for making the poetry pour down on us... I am exhausted.

The artwork is incredible, thanks Bogusbrig for referring Juul to me.

Thanks for stopping by!
A damn fine journal, Ms. Swirls! Your mother must be proud.

Congratulations Tathagata for those zygotes floating around in your coffee. ;)

:kiss: :heart:

I had a dream there were zygotes in my coffee, zygotes in my coffee and....
you're so vain, I bet you think this poem's about you, you're so vain....

:)

Congrats Tath, a nice site although I hate the name, but am getting used to it. I might write a poem for them called:

Gametes in my Granola.
Pre-natal brunch with extra crunch.

by the way, if anyone is so inclined to do little old me a favor, check out the visuals at mannequinenvy.com and see if the images come up. I heard from a friend that they were not working on his machine. I would be very grateful.

flyguy69 said:
A damn fine journal, Ms. Swirls! Your mother must be proud.

Mother is especially proud of the parts with naked ladies and asphyxiation. She is not into the nails through flesh, though. Makes her think of lock jaw. I think we lost Uncle Willie to the lock jaw back in '23

annaswirls said:
I had a dream there were zygotes in my coffee, zygotes in my coffee and....
you're so vain, I bet you think this poem's about you, you're so vain....

:)

Congrats Tath, a nice site although I hate the name, but am getting used to it. I might write a poem for them called:

Gametes in my Granola.
Pre-natal brunch with extra crunch.

by the way, if anyone is so inclined to do little old me a favor, check out the visuals at mannequinenvy.com and see if the images come up. I heard from a friend that they were not working on his machine. I would be very grateful.
The images are fine.
If the friend is rybka, it's just his computer, which must be 80 years old! I've changed a lot of things on my site because of that fish. :D

Back