Pet Peeves

Don't know if you all "really" wanted an update or not, but you're getting it anyhow!

*cheers and dances* I did it! The pain is over, until next time. My beautiful new truck is getting new tires put on it for winter and I pick it up in a few hours. *wiggles in excitment a bit more*

Then we get to move on to finding out whether my mother's theory is true. "But, a truck?!? You'll never get a boyfriend if you drive a truck!?!" *snickers softly*

Whisper :rose:

Ps. Thank you for everyone's suggestions and commiserating. *hugs*

whispering_surrender said:
Then we get to move on to finding out whether my mother's theory is true. "But, a truck?!? You'll never get a boyfriend if you drive a truck!?!" *snickers softly*
Chicks in trucks are sexy. Nuff said.

Details

Come on, Whisper,

We want to know what you got! And more important, since Trucks are about the only thing left offering a real bench seat for the ultimate 'parking' experience, did you go with bench or buckets? Inquiring minds want to know.

And, of course, where to report for 'testing' ;)

I got a '97 GMC Sonoma 4x4 with the optional 4.3L V6 engine. Driven by an old teacher, so in great condition with fairly low milage. Complete with towing package, extended cab for the dog and sport side bed. Need to upgrade the stereo system though...(is it too late to put that on my Christmas wish list?)

As to the important question....It has a bench seat with a fold-down center console. *wink* Test rides will be given....well, pretty much daily until some of the excitement wears off.

Ps. Oh, and for the girly aspect...it's a very pretty dark teal metallic green.

OH! And as a side note, I offered him $500 less than I wanted to pay for it (which was $1500 less than he was asking) and he only talked me up by $200! *little victory dance*

OH! And as a side note, I offered him $500 less than I wanted to pay for it (which was $1500 less than he was asking) and he only talked me up by $200! *little victory dance*

I think you said this was a dealer. Typically there is about 3,000 to 4,000 between what was paid for a used car and what the dealer asks for it.

A dealer expects to have to spend an average of $1,000 putting on new tires, fixing brakes, and misc. maintenance on getting his used cars out the door. The salesman is going to take at least $500 and more likely $1000 and if he is one of the dealer's good ones and meets his monthly quota, there may be as much as 2 or 300 additional on the line.

Bottom line, out of that 3-4K, above, the net profit could be as little as $700 or as much as 1700. Dealers will take a 'zero deal' to get something off the lot, but not by choice. They like to pick up $500 net on used cars. If you 'haircut' him by $1300, you probably 'skinnied' him about as much as he could afford before he let you walk away. And with a used car, it is very difficult to 'hard bargain' if they have any indication you like the car, because the chances of finding exactly the same thing elsewhere is slim.

YOU DONE GOOD!!!

Okay, having done sufficient whining and idea collecting on this thread, I thought you all might be curious about what exactly I got. So, for all my helpful friends and supporters....here it is...MY TRUCK! *grin*

Oh, that's a nice truck. I am thinking about making our next vehicle a truck. It's handy to have something you can haul stuff in.

SlickTony said:
Oh, that's a nice truck. I am thinking about making our next vehicle a truck. It's handy to have something you can haul stuff in.

Very handy. And my dog loves it! Go figure....she hated the car.

Unless, you want to come here....then I could do it anytime. *smile*

Ohh well. The chances of that happening is, like, around ... 2016.

Would you really want a whimp who turns you down for having a truck, anyway?

Weed them weenies out, and make sure to get yourself a guy who appreciates a strong woman!

Svenskaflicka said:
Would you really want a whimp who turns you down for having a truck, anyway?

Weed them weenies out, and make sure to get yourself a guy who appreciates a strong woman!

Awww, thank you Svenskaflicka! If the cards work out, I may have found one.....Mom just isn't in the know yet. *grin*

Awww, thank you Svenskaflicka! If the cards work out, I may have found one.....Mom just isn't in the know yet. *grin*

Ooh, ooh, I love trucks! Pick me! Pick me!

Back