Picture This Poem Challenge

This is a link to a galley of paintings, perhaps one may spark your creativity. I don't know about copyright for submitting the painting, but perhaps we could say we were 'inspired by such and such a painting'.

Virtual Museum - Horizons

neonurotic said:
nice poem, I like. I think the text can be a little bigger and it would work fabulous

I agree...Maybe raise the text just a smidge...

Thanks for your thoughts you three, mucho appreciated. :)

How's this?

I like the shape of the poem, and want to keep it if possible.

Attachments

• Raindrops.jpg
    Raindrops.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 19
I love the whole thing WSO. Have you tried softening the wording - perhaps a colour closer to the shapes in the background? I find the extreme black a bit jarring. Then again, perhaps that's the effect you want.

wildsweetone said:
Thanks for your thoughts you three, mucho appreciated. :)

How's this?

I like the shape of the poem, and want to keep it if possible.
:rose: I like it much better, the bigger text was exactly what was needed.

Hi Tess, thanks for your comments too. I admit, I like the 'jarring' feel the black text has.

Thanks neo. :)

It takes a lot of time for me to get these whole pieces together... I guess it's like an artist knowing what each brush is capable of doing as it strokes the canvas. I have more learning to do. ;)

Here it is with the 'bold' off:
(edited to add, but it makes the font seem wrong. I prefer the other to this.)

Attachments

• Raindrops (light).jpg
    Raindrops (light).jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
wildsweetone said:
Hi Tess, thanks for your comments too. I admit, I like the 'jarring' feel the black text has.

Thanks neo. :)

It takes a lot of time for me to get these whole pieces together... I guess it's like an artist knowing what each brush is capable of doing as it strokes the canvas. I have more learning to do. ;)

Here it is with the 'bold' off:
(edited to add, but it makes the font seem wrong. I prefer the other to this.)
I prefer the other one as well, wso. Go bold, baby.

Sun-drenched Insolence

One I created... based on my cat Patch in a magic sunlit moment.

Attachments

• patchpoem.jpg
    patchpoem.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 18
and the doggerel I attached to the image hasn't posted so I will give up and go to bed. Better luck next time eh.

Keep trying Zub, you'll get there. If I can figure it out, anyone can.

If you like, explain the steps you are doing and one of us will be able to help you out. :)

I agree, but I don't have any pictures. Well, none that inspire me. I'm uninspirable.

I have plenty of pictures.. just need to get around to resizing a couple and uploading 'em.. I should have some new ones posted later tonight. However, there's always my photography thread over in the AH.. there are a couple of my new ones up there, including a nice sunset over the river.. :)

I like to load mine as an actual image in the thread rather as an attachment. I have to go update my Java so I can do that on this 'puter. I submitted one almost 2 weeks ago and it never came out. Don't know why...

BooMerengue said:
I like to load mine as an actual image in the thread rather as an attachment. I have to go update my Java so I can do that on this 'puter. I submitted one almost 2 weeks ago and it never came out. Don't know why...

I hope you get it working.

I'm anxious to see more of your's....;)

Great thread but as usual, I start at the end and work back to the beginning.

Do you have your images at a hosting site to 'hotlink' them into the thread?

ruminator said:
I hope you get it working.

I'm anxious to see more of your's....;)

Great thread but as usual, I start at the end and work back to the beginning.

Do you have your images at a hosting site to 'hotlink' them into the thread?

I used to be able to put them on an aol homepage thingy and then save them to favs. But its not working for me tonight.

Here it is, anyway.

Hell. Now Lit won't let me do it. I click Manage Attachments and a screen opens and immediately closes.

Shit.

I'm going to chat to find that stupid bitch who said she wished she had my life. She's welcome to it!

hummmppphhh...

an%20impossibly%20blue%20river%20done%20submission.jpg

Aha!! There the little fucker is! she cried, eyes bleary with fatigue.

First try

Angeline said:
and another...

Was looking through the forum tonight, and I realized I never got around to really tinkering with these things. So...now I have <g>

Attachments

• Pygmalion_edited.jpg
    Pygmalion_edited.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
Back