Pmann's How to Improve the PG Thread

Here's a suggestion.....

Every time there is a dialogue where some one is disagreeing (*cough, controversy thread)

....make it a rule where they have to include the statement...

"..*throws a banana cream pie at *insert name* and it splatters all over their *insert anything*

As the dialogue continues, obviously the food item changes. And a multi post? Oh yea, the food fight gets real

Forgetting or omitting to do this invalidates their arguement and everyone can ignore it

Makes even argueing kind of silly and takes the heat out of it.

I suggest you start with this trend.

I have to disagree with #2 a little. It’s sometimes hard, for me at least, to tell when someone is asking for information or opinions vs. when they want an answer only from one person. If it’s the latter, since this is a public discussion forum, I feel like the person asking should indicate that or take it to PMs.
You're welcome to disagree

These aren't set in stone. And not all of us pm.

If in doubt, if someone quotes someone else and questions something specific, the question probably isn't for you.

BTW. To those throwing out the "Just PM a person" so much the last few days. Please also remember that not everyone has their PMs on. I had mine off for years (besides a buddy list)
There have been a handful of times I'd have reached out privately to say Aussie. But she has her messages off. So sometimes, it is not as simple as just PMing a person. ;)

It is quite hard to navigate this in certain threads when things move quickly and multiple topics are going on at once.
I agree.
But jumping in and calling someone a name before we've even established wtf they're saying is getting pretty old.

BTW. To those throwing out the "Just PM a person" so much the last few days. Please also remember that not everyone has their PMs on. I had mine off for years (besides a buddy list)
There have been a handful of times I'd have reached out privately to say Aussie. But she has her messages off. So sometimes, it is not as simple as just PMing a person. ;)
Exactly. 😎

Do you mean close Lit like completely? Not just for you. But for everyone. Because if you aren't enjoying, it's only fair that others shouldn't be able to enjoy themselves.
I hadn’t thought of that, but now that you mention it—
I was being selfish and only thinking about closing Lit for me. But if I can force others to suffer based on my emotional state that’s even better!

HW/LP in 2024

Back