Poetry Olympics Third Event "Pairs Competition"

anonymity

WriterDom--

I have thought the same. It's a matter of cooperation. The teams will have country names that must be registered with the site. There's no reason for readers to know who they are.

Poets are you interested in concealing your identity until the voting is over?

Peace,

daughter

Re: anonymity

daughter said:
WriterDom--

I have thought the same. It's a matter of cooperation. The teams will have country names that must be registered with the site. There's no reason for readers to know who they are.

Peace,

daughter

I like this idea

Anyone want to volunteer for the position of my partner?

Re: anonymity

daughter said:

Sounds good.

Drake

Please handle pairing off board

No offense, but part of the difficulty of checking in here for information and updates is all the cross talk.

I suggest you all handle pairing up via pm.

Thanks.

Peace,

daughter

daughter

Excellent idea! Will our names be kept from the judges also? I think that would have been a good idea on the last competition.

W:rose:CKED EVE

Yes

WE--

Darlin' judges are readers. LOL Isn't that why you all want to be anonymous?

The bigger question is if you all can hold water yourselves. No one is to know you names but me. That means all correspondence is done under the team name. I suggest you don't comment to poems till judging is over.

Judges do not know each other either. There is no peer pressure to conform.

Peace,

daughter

I like the idea of being unknown. That way those with huge followings and massive sex appeal wont get a head start. ;)

Being unknown in the manner discussed is a good idea....
that way no one can make pre-judgments, etc........

fair and square idea!

tigerjen

Re: Please handle pairing off board

daughter said:
No offense, but part of the difficulty of checking in here for information and updates is all the cross talk.

I suggest you all handle pairing up via pm.

Thanks.

Peace,

daughter

daughter,
I don't think this is a good idea.....because already I've PMed
a few people, and they already got their partners, and I want
to be in this contest.......I feel as if I'm in gym class and I'm the
last one to be picked! I don't have the time to sit in front of
the computer waiting for PMs to float in...I have a life as much
as everyone else does.

NOT a good idea for people picking their own partners via PM.
It's more fair for the one running the contest to assign partners.
Plus, I don't think there was really a chance to let you know how
we felt about this....I know I didn't get a chance at least.

tigerjen

PS>...anyone out there want to join up w/ me??? Still waiting....
PM me ASAP! Thanks much!

Last edited:
Partners

I like the whole unknown writer idea. That is great.

I liked the idea of choosing my partner too until I realized that I have no idea who I could ask to be my partner... I don't know who has a partner already or not. Makes it a bit hard to pick or ask.

So, uhm... can we go back to having our partners picked for us?

Or is you know who doesn't have a partner yet. Just pair the leftover people together?

-V

Can I suggest Jen & Vailyn pair up? They both seem to be looking for partners

watching and listening

I personally like the idea of randomly selected anonymous teams.
Short and sweet.
Get to work.

hold up

I haven't been keeping up with thread cuz the last I heard I was gonna be informed by the moderator as to who my partner was then take it from there. Now I gotta scramble and PM everyone on the list hoping someone ain't got a partner yet? Hmmm.
Well, if I get scrapped I get scrapped.
No biggie. At this point I'm just gonna wait and see if anyone contacts me I think.

DP

I'm not competing, but agree with all the points made in favor of random pairing by the contest coordinator. I didn't see all that much furor FOR self-chosen partners, unless daughter got a lot of that privately. I also don't think it's fair to change the rules mid-stream.

Also I'm all for anonymity too until the medals are awarded. That way there is no way in hell for the judges to be influenced by bias, conscious or subconscious. They can't do that in the Olympics, but we can do it here! If we don't know the authors, we are forced to judge the poem on its own merit. LOVE this idea.

ducks together..everyone else randomly together ;).....

I am socially insipid. Woe is me. Woe Woe quack Woe Quack Woe. If only I was born with feathers Quark. See that. Insipid.

alltherage said:
I am socially insipid. Woe is me. Woe Woe quack Woe Quack Woe. If only I was born with feathers Quark. See that. Insipid.

Insipid would be if you had feathers and I said

"Pluck you"!

You guys love to see me frazzled, right

All righty then!!!!

I will pair up all folks who do not contact me by tonight @ 9:00. I wasn't thrilled about changing the rules and I should smack myself for giving in to whims. ((sigh))

Momma D is in the house now. Everybody will know who's with who by Wednesday morning. YOU WILL HAVE TO PM ME USING YOUR TEAM NAME CONFIRMING YOUR REGISTRATION. :D

Everybody on the same page? No one will be scrapped provided I have an even number of participants.

Peace,

daughter

WARNING: I will never change mid-stream again. LOL

Will you be posting the names of the countries you have already received?

That way if someone has already told you,you wont be getting more than one pm,also we would know what country names were already taken.

~LTR

S&M

Oooh, daughter, I love it when you get tough. Will you spank me?
:p

RED, darling

For you my pet, only a righteous flogging will do. But first I'll bind you in wet leather. I'll snap my wicked whip until my arm tingles with fatigue. That will anger me and then I'll be quite ready to unleash my wrath. (How's that?) Too much Ann Rice, er? LMBAO

I will not announce anything publicly. If there are any duplications, I will request a change. You folks are pretty creative. I haven't had any problems thus far.

The initial rule stated that you must contact me using your Country name. You snooze, you lose. Best way to ensure you can keep your name is to register and then contact me for confirmation. There are more than 292 countries I can easily put my finger on. There won't be more than 7 in the competition. I don't foresee a problem.

Peace,

daughter

Can I play for the plutonian team. pleaseeeeeeeee daughter they are highly unrecognized.

Back