Poetry Olympics Third Event "Pairs Competition"

Folks check your pm boxes

Teams--

Contact me immediately.

Peace,

daughter

Yes, you have been

alltherage--

did you read my note? :) Check you pm box.

Peace,

daughter

Yep. I did. Said my team needs to register. Alas I have no team. I must have missed something. I thought we were being assigned. Am I wrong?

daughter......

your PM box needs cleaning out!
just a friendly reminder! :)

thanks much!

tigerjen

Registration

Folks--

We tried as best we could to explain the team name. Apparently, we weren't clear enough. You guys asked to be anonymous. You are recognized by team names only. This is not the first time. U.P. registered your teams as members of this site in the first event. We told you to REGISTER your names this time. We asked you to confirm your names by contacting us using that id. Your team becomes a member of Lite.

I can send group correspondence and maintain anonymity by using your team names. Please do not tell me your name first. Register. Send me an email using the team's username. That is the only way I can add teams to my buddy list and I use the buddy list to do group mailings.

We're coming along. Once I have all names. I will forward you a group mail identifying the required words for the competition.

Thanks, guys. Have fun.

Peace,

daughter

Sorry about the delay

Teams--

I will pm the words to your team boxes by 12:00 noon.

I will not tell you how to write your poems, but I strongly suggest you have copies of the guidelines, that you brainstorm extensively and work closely together. This is about collaboration. Reads that demonstrate sychronization will earn points for it.

Good luck.

Peace,

daughter

Introducing our Teams

Community--

Please send your well wishes to our teams for the third competition:

Liechtenstein
Netherlands
TIBET
Myanmar
Brazil
Palau
JAMAICA

Teams--

Check your pm boxes for your required vocabulary.

Good luck.

Peace,

daughter

sorry if we missed this

The original rules state that results of the first round will be posted March 1st.
When is the final submission date for poems?
All participants may not live in U.S. time zones.

Results will be posted by March 1st

But I will need time for the judges to vote and then time to tabulate scores and post them here.

Submissions are to be Submitted to the site by Sunday, February 24th by 9pm est. I will provide threads with links to your works. Members may vote and comment if they like.

Judges will have from the 25-27th to vote. They will submit their votes to me. I will post the results of the first round on Friday March 1 by noon.

Judges will vote between March 1-3 on the finalists. Announcement of the medals winners will be posted Tuesday, March 5.

Teams, do not comment on any of the submission threads as teams or individuals until after the competition is over. Member votes are for the site only and will have no bearing on the judges. Please do not post how you voted in any of the threads.

Thanks.

Peace,

daughter

Alpine greetings

Greetings from Liechtenstein, a tiny alpine nation nestled between Switzerland and Austria. Our lush meadows and valleys and snow-capped peaks are unrivaled anywhere in the world. We are a peace-loving, gentle people, and do not even have a military. We are also very passionate, since there's often not much to do during the long, freezing winters but make love.

Greetings from SE Asia!

A big friendly shout to all from Myanmar, the country formerly known
as Burma.....our neighbors include Thailand, Laos, and Vietnam.....in spite
of all the political turbulence in our corner of the world, we lead our lives
in a sensual and spiritual manner.

:rose: :rose:

Ah, Poets I love your introductions

Can we expect to hear from the others?

Good luck to you all.

Peace,

daughter

p.s. Someone asked earlier about flags. Please share them with us.

tashi dele

Greetings from the rooftop of the world! here in the Land of Snows we are a peaceful theocracy, despite almost fifty years of Chinese oppression and occupation. Our spiritual and political leader, the Dalai Lama, has been in exile since 1957, and we are not allowed so much as a photograph of him under threat of torture and death. Although we are not officially recognized as a nation at this point, we still maintain our autonomy and independence in our hearts.

Many great Tantric saints have come from our peaceful kingdom, including the great yogi Milarepa and the famous Bon Dakini Machig Labdron, who is considered to be a female incarnation of the Buddha.

Let the games begin!
tibtf2am.gif

Last edited:
nl-flag.jpg

Greetings from the Netherlands.

The Kingdom of the Netherlands was formed in 1815. In 1830 Belgium seceded and formed a separate kingdom. The Netherlands remained neutral in World War I but suffered a brutal invasion and occupation by Germany in World War II. A modern, industrialized nation, the Netherlands is also a large exporter of agricultural products. The country was a founding member of NATO and the EC, and participated in the introduction of the euro in 1999.

nl-map.jpg

We're a small country slightly less than twice the size of NewJersey (and we smell A LOT better) and have enjoyed our independance from Spain since 1579

Our neighbors are Belgium and Germany and have the distinction of being located at the mouths of three major European rivers (Rhine, Maas or Meuse, and Schelde)

Our ehtnic makeup consists mainly of people of Dutch, Moroccan and Turkish heredity.

Our official language is Dutch.

Our capital is Amsterdam

Our climate is temperate with cool summers and mild winters.

Best of luck to all Olympic hopefuls!

Greetings from the beautiful tropical island nation of Palau.

ps-flag.jpg

We are north of New Guinea and east of the Philippines.
A tightly bunched archipelago, Palau consists of the high islands of Babeldaob, Koror, Peleliu and Angaur; the low coral atolls of Kayangel and Ngeruangel; and the limestone Rock Islands, of which there are more than 200.
Three major ocean currents converge here creating the most perfect conditions for water sport of all kinds, offshore and on.

Last edited:
Reminder

Poets & Community--

The deadline is Sunday, february 24th. Teams please submit your poems to the site by this time. Create a thread for feedback in the forum with a link and the poem here for feedback. The poem must be posted to the New Poem List.

Prizes will be awarded to medal winners. Teams, remember you cannot comment to submissions. Please refer to previous note about voting and dates.

Good luck. Looking forward to reading your submissions.

Peace,

daughter

Last edited:
the 24th is on a Sunday!

is that correct? at least on my calendar it is.......

tigerjen

om tat sat

OM MANI PADME HUM
OM MANI PADME HUM
OM MANI PADME HUM

AHAM BRAHMASMI!

Sunday deadline

So, submit by Sunday midnight, then? (That's just before Monday.)

Deadline

Deadline is Sunday 24th by 9pm est.

Remember poems are to be submitted to the site. Once it hits the site, please create a thread with a link to the work in the Poetry Feedback forum.

Folks if your work has not been posted to the site by now, it may not hit till Tuesday. That may push the voting back. I will keep you updated.

Thanks.

Peace,

daughter

Back