Poetry Version of "Things Done To Death"

Okay. No gods or goddess. Use caution when using gossamer. How about gossamer aphrodite?

Tristesse said:
I've used "moon" too often, I admit it.
stop writing about your ass then. :D
I need to stay away from grass and trees and sun. I've turned nature into my personal whore.

Damn Evie! You're making me paranoid. I'm afraid to revisit my poems now for fear of getting hackneyed to death!

:D

Tristesse said:
Damn Evie! You're making me paranoid. I'm afraid to revisit my poems now for fear of getting hackneyed to death!

death is overused

hackneyed still has some life in it

Hmm OK a pet hate here, which seems somewhat pertinent for this site. The use of metaphor for female genitalia, whether the vagina or labia, such as oyster, fig, petals (aaaargh!), butterfly wings (double aaaargh!). Then there is such words as cleft! It just gives the sense the writer will say anything to avoid using the correct word which I admit can sound somewhat surgical or using slang but then the word 'pussy' is a turn off too, as often it sounds too flippant and the writer wanting to show how much of the street they are. I have used the word cunt before, though sparingly but that can have the same problem as pussy. Don't get me started on the penis and such things as salami, baton and meat. The whole crotch area is rather problematic and riven with cliches and probably best avoided unless in a real life situation. I've still got breasts and arses or even, god forbid, orgasms to cover but will decline as I'm having my breakfast and arousal is in appropriate at the moment. And yes, I have on occasion been guilty of my own pet hate.

Last edited:
bogusbrig said:
I can't believe Shakespeare wrote 'Shall I compare thee to a summer's day' and has kept his reputation.

as well as he wrote (drama, anyway), i have a suspicion he knew how badly that line sucked when he wrote it.

and that he also knew no one else would know. not for a while, anyway. :cool:

WickedEve said:
Hey! Chipmunks have fat cheeks! You're saying I have chipmunk cheeks.

:mad:

Wait. Don't that have nuts in their cheeks?

:catgrin:

You are so NUTS!!! ;) We do well with dildos; ) Me and us- do better without balls especiially mouth fulls ... but?. :D I am not beyond contradiction :D

Last edited:
Back