PSA (Poetry Service Announcements)*

It's been a while since we've had a poet interview and I'm pleased to announce that Angeline has graciously consented to have me serve as Grand Inquisitor--I mean interviewer--for a thread about her poetry, her fondness for jazz, and the pleasures of living in "the largest city in Western North Carolina" (as Wikipedia charmingly puts it). Due to my stupidity in looking at an August calendar thinking it was September, we'll commence the interview a week from Thursday, on September 12 (or the 13th, for those of you on That Other Side of the World). You may all want to prepare by sampling some of Angie's superb backlist of posted poems, but don't neglect her newer poems on the One Poem a Week Thread or some of UYS's Teach-in threads.

It'll be interesting, informative, and fun, unless I screw it up. But, then, you all can ask questions too.

Coming to a Forum near you September 12.

This thread has not yet been rated. This preview has been rated G, suitable for all audiences.

Now, this sets my poetry buzz alert to go off on the 12th. I look forward to learning a little more about our dark haired moderator. :) You have a hella job to do there T-zed. Looking very much forward to the interview.

Oy vey. I hear that Proust thing lurking. Cue the music from Jaws. :eek:

It's been a while since we've had a poet interview and I'm pleased to announce that Angeline has graciously consented to have me serve as Grand Inquisitor--I mean interviewer--for a thread about her poetry, her fondness for jazz, and the pleasures of living in "the largest city in Western North Carolina" (as Wikipedia charmingly puts it). Due to my stupidity in looking at an August calendar thinking it was September, we'll commence the interview a week from Thursday, on September 12 (or the 13th, for those of you on That Other Side of the World). You may all want to prepare by sampling some of Angie's superb backlist of posted poems, but don't neglect her newer poems on the One Poem a Week Thread or some of UYS's Teach-in threads.

It'll be interesting, informative, and fun, unless I screw it up. But, then, you all can ask questions too.

Coming to a Forum near you September 12.

This thread has not yet been rated. This preview has been rated G, suitable for all audiences.
excellent news, tzara! i wondered when someone would pin the lady down in one place long enough for us to ask impertinent questions. looking forward to it. :cool:

I thought she meant one of those blow-up rings piles sufferers use! :eek:

Lol. At first I thought she meant the rings people throw to dolphins and whales at shows at places like Seaworld. Then I realized she meant what I know as a "tube."

Then again maybe the Seaworld analogy is better as I may feel like one of those performing seals after a few days. But Mr. Inquisitor says not to worry. :D

I can make it across a pool without a shark cage!
But can you do it underwater?

shelley+winters+swim.jpg

Then again maybe the Seaworld analogy is better as I may feel like one of those performing seals after a few days. But Mr. Inquisitor says not to worry. :D
And you shouldn't. Worry.

If we have you leaping out of the pool for mackerel, then you should worry.

But we won't. At least, I don't think we will. We'll just be talking about your poems and jazz and maybe where you live and how you feel about all that. Which I know (I think) is all good. You can tell us about jazz records we should own.

I expect you have opinions about that.

Just relax and enjoy the love, m'dear, like it's August 1967, and you're wandering about Golden Gate Park under the influence of some illegal chemicals and reading Richard Brautigan and just all, well, bursting about how wonderful life is.

No, your interview won't be like that, but I will try to make it kind of fun. :rolleyes:

Denis Hale

is an amazing poet who was active at Lit from about 2003 to 2008. He has since gone on to develop an impressive publications portfolio and currently has a wonderful poetry collection out called Grand Mal. He is our next interviewee and we'll start that one on Friday the 20th. Denis currently has only a few poems on his Lit submissions page, so many of you may be unfamiliar with his poetry. I guarantee that when you do read him, you'll see why I am so excited to have him come back and talk with us. In the interview, I'll be posting links to some of his poems that have remained here on the forum as well as some of his more recent work. Suffice it to say he was great when he was first here but he got even better!

And in the meantime, here is a little taste of the Denis Hale Experience, circa 2007. :)

Last edited:
really looking forward to this, angeline *nods*

i've more questions for you but not the time/right head on to frame them at the moment. will return to your thread at the weekend :kiss:

really looking forward to this, angeline *nods*

i've more questions for you but not the time/right head on to frame them at the moment. will return to your thread at the weekend :kiss:

That's fine. I'm about talked out for now anyway. :D

Back