Public comment ettiquette

Wyatt said:

Also the reader might say "The story is fantastic, more please!"

And then give it 50% on the thermometer:confused:

The 50% is the default setting and if you don't notice that before you submit the public comment you can't change it. I have had a public comment correcting the 50% rating given on the poster's previous comment.

50% might mean what it says. It also might mean I didn't realise the default score. 0% or 25% is meant :(

Og

For what it's worth.....

For me, the votes have ceased to be anything but a source of irritation, so I shut them off on stuff I've submitted lately. Seems that there are more public comments when the reader can't vote. So far, the comments have been favorable, although the subject is weird.
Informationally,
MG

dr_mabeuse said:
I figure that people who are leaving a public comment intend for it to be just that: they're talking to other readers, not to the author. Or at least they're talking to the author with the intent of being overheard by other readers.

If the writer really expects a reply, I expect that they'll email me. Anyhow, that's how I handle it. So far.
---dr.M.

I'm with the good Doctor on this one.

That includes uncomplimentary public comments, as well. As long as they don't descend into dithyrambs of discourtesy, one or several of the seven deadly words, or contain a link to somewhere outside of Literotica, I let them stay, so far.

I just hope that the content of their comment is weighed in with the quality of their demonstrated ability to express disapproval. :rolleyes:

oggbashan said:
The 50% is the default setting and if you don't notice that before you submit the public comment you can't change it. I have had a public comment correcting the 50% rating given on the poster's previous comment.

50% might mean what it says. It also might mean I didn't realise the default score. 0% or 25% is meant :(

Og

Thanks Ogg. Didn't realise that was the case. Still haven't had a nasty PC so should count myself lucky I suppose.

Back