Public comments

I think the public comments are great. Few people vote, and I don't think public comments change that, nor do I think people think it counts as voting. It is an alternative form of feedback, and I think it encourages it.

Sure, votes count for competitions, but how many of us win them? One of my stories was number 1 in its category for the whole of last week (don't ask me how it got there, just built up over the past month), until someone gave it a 1. It was bound to happen, and wasn't likely to win an award, and I get great satisfaction that it stayed there that long, but feedback is what counts, whatever the form - votes, public comments, emails. I like to think that the person might not have bothered to send an email or vote anyway, so it is a plus that they left a comment for other readers to see.

:heart:

Thanks for the responses re the voting and the editors' marks.
I wonder if the same guys/gals that respond with negative email do so for every new story. Is it kosher to quote some of the stuff in the really off-the-wall responses? If I do, will it inhibit email responses to stories?

I also wonder how many of the anon emailers are willing to wade through these threads to find out what makes us tick?

If we share the info we could at least get an idea if we are dealing with someone who just gets his/her kicks off by writing the same anon emails to all of the authors.

Of course I "deal with it" by ignoring all but what I think are valid criticisms. Anon comments on my morals and on my right to be in this world are funny but sad (for the anon writer) at the same time.

I'm thinking too much. I'll have to write another story.

Kathi

I think I'm gonna click public comments on all my stories and the piece of poetry I submitted last night (well, night before this was written) just to see what people say. I have gotten some feedback through e-mails and it's been all good.

I realize I make mistakes just as everyone else does, but no one has seriously cut me down for them yet. "A Ride to School" is still in the editing phase...so I don't know how bad it came out...it's the first post for out here I've ever given to someone else to check for me. That'll be the most indepth commentary I'll get back on a story...probably ever.

Thanks to Destinie21 for doing that for me, too!

The New Mysteries

The_Darkness said:
I think I'm gonna click public comments on all my stories and the piece of poetry I submitted last night (well, night before this was written) just to see what people say. I have gotten some feedback through e-mails and it's been all good.

I realize I make mistakes just as everyone else does, but no one has seriously cut me down for them yet. "A Ride to School" is still in the editing phase...so I don't know how bad it came out...it's the first post for out here I've ever given to someone else to check for me. That'll be the most indepth commentary I'll get back on a story...probably ever.

Thanks to Destinie21 for doing that for me, too!

I just read "The New Mysteries" and I voted on it. Good story!!

Don't take the following as criticsm please. I'm new here and I am fishing for information. How come there are different categories assigned to your story. It starts out as a Novel, moves on into Mature and Ch. 04 is BDSM.

I realize that the content of the chapters fits the categories but shouldn't we assign the same category to the whole story?

Are the categories changed by the Masters???

Thanks,

Kathi

The powers that be did infact change the story types....I really should go back and resubmit (edited copies) as all novel/novella....

Of couse, I should probably finish chapter 5, too....and then 6. 6 will be the final chapter and it's gonna be huge...

Back