Public nudity reality check

It's rare to you, because you don't know when or where my wife feels like doing it. And she'll never tell you ahead of time.
Also because I don't frequent the kinds of places where it is expected. The university in my town has an event like that, but I've never bothered to go gawk at it. My one time unexpectedly seeing it was a suburban motel parking lot, and not a sleazy one - a place surrounded on all sides by office buildings, residential areas, and an 8-lane interstate. Not some festival or beach. That's the kind of thing I'm curious about, how much that kind of thing happens in everyday life. I know it is exceedingly rare, but no idea if it is less rare now than it used to be.

You'd think with all that pizza delivery ( over ten years in the 80s and 90s, including some college areas, the money was fantastic then ), that I would have seen more. But no, that cliche is overblown too, by a lot.

I think the probability rises and falls based on both the general location and the specific location. If you set aside those places where it is expected/encouraged, such as nude beaches and resorts, certain clubs, etc, it's rare but common in my experience. But, a lot of that is also specific to the experience.

1. I was a cop for a decade. That meant that, besides spending hours out in public, patrolling different communities, I also got calls, certainly on a monthly basis, with a higher frequency in the summer, regarding people nude in public or semi-public. Some were committing crimes, but most of them were just nude for one reason or another.

2. I worked as hotel security for a major (non-nude) resort hotel, on the weekend night shift. Nudity in the hotel and on hotel grounds after hours occurred every weekend. The resort catered to international travelers, so you had the whole cultural expectations thing going on, combined with young people drunk or on drugs, and the tendency for people on vacation to let their inhibitions down. This was not a nude resort, it was just an ordinary resort with multiple pools, bars, and secluded areas, plus inevitable nude in the window, either intentionally or unintentionally.

3. I live in California now, in a major urban area, some of the cities around the bay here specifically allow public nudity, so it's not an uncommon sight when you're out and about, to see a nude person somewhere.

4. The weather also plays a big role. This part of California is shirtsleeve weather about 9 months a year. During the summer months, it's simply constantly beautiful, so nudity in one form or another happens fairly frequently. I live in a townhouse complex with about forty units - and there's always at least one exhibitionist here, maybe more. Sometimes it's sexual, mostly it's just nudity.

So, like I said, not uncommon. depending on where you are and what you're doing.

Last edited:
Most recently, London's Naked Bike Ride. Happens a few times a year, about 50 cyclists in nothing to nearly nothing, often with slogans in body paint like "You see me now, don't you!"

There used to be the Moonwalk, women walking a marathon at night to raise money for cancer. Many wore decorated bras, but women being topless or naked wasn't unheard of. I haven't seen the Naked Rambler in years, but there's some UK nudist beaches including one on the Brighton seafront.

In the right kinds of clubs, saunas, parties - plenty. Worked at some with entertainment like Stripper of the Year, the band Rockbitch, etc.

Not like Scandinavia where naked skiiers and mixed communal changing rooms were still common, but plenty about. Even a small theatre I worked at had some guys hire it for 'a rehearsal' which was actually just a cheap venue for a group fuck.

Fremont, a neighborhood of Seattle, is called the “Center of the Universe” and is famous for the Troll, a huge statue under a bridge, and its summer solstice parade which frequently has nude cyclists weaving in and out of the various floats. The local gendarmes all turn a blind eye to them.

1714364441539.jpeg

There's a site called "NudeinSF" that shows videos of women walking around the streets of San Francisco naked.
Slightly off topic, but when I went to ahem verify your claim I was amused to find that this site requires a subscription to see all its photos. There is a market for everything!

I didn't read through the whole thread and I'm not sure if this was mentioned: World Naked bike ride. I was in Portland 4-5 years ago when it happened. A whole pastel of naked people riding down the street. It happens every year.

903_450[1].jpg

As an aside, we do have this gem up here in the NorthWest:

Seattle Erotic Arts Festival
https://www.flickr.com/photos/seattleeroticartfestival/

Comshaw

Last edited:
As a former exhibitionist, I used to go streaking a lot for fun as a teenager, or go to parks and walk around naked until I was caught. Then at uni me and a friend would dare each other to go out into our accomodation block naked, and see how far we could get before we got too scared.

Now the most I so are clothing optional beaches, as they're a nice way of being naked around clothed people, without the fear of being arrested.

Re the World Naked Bike Ride - It's happening in London right now, apparently. After the huge biker ride from London to Barrow-in-Furness in memory of Dave Myers of the Hairy Bikers, which has attracted motorcyclists (clothed) from around the world. Quite the day for two-wheeled traffic!

Living in Germany, and visiting places where German tourists frequent was how I got to see naked boobies for first dozens of times. But somehow it’s almost never the kind of people you want to see naked. Go figure.

Do you mean German people touristing in their own country? Or tourists visiting Germany from elsewhere?
I believe it's about German people - they have, or at least had, very liberal views on nudity - with parks dedicated to "FKK". This attitude was carried by German tourists to the places where they frequented too.

I remember being a child, and climbing on a ladder out of a pool - (in Mallorca, maybe?) and coming face to "face" with naked hanging boobs of an older German lady. Now that I think about it, I have no idea if she really didn't even think about it, or that's how she got her kicks. After all - there were several other ladders, and she could have freely use either one, without having to wait and shove her assets in the face of a kid.

In Germany nudity is allowed everywhere as long you don’t arise public uproar.
Last year women were legally allowed to show their naked boobs in every public swimming pool or in public relaxing areas just as men do. In Europe we don’t cover our body in the sauna. There you must be completely naked. So yes we are rather liberal.

I've been to Haulover Beach dozens of times, and it is definitely fully nude. Unknown to most people who have not been there, but the world famous South Beach is topless allowed. This is due to the high volume of European and South American tourists, and believe me there are locals and visitors taking advantage every day. I have been to clothing optional resorts in Key West also, where limited nudity is allowed.

Once while walking from my office to the train station in downtown Miami I passed a fire station and saw a woman (probably homeless) fully nude using a hose outside the station to shower herself. That's the only example of full blown nudity in an unexpected setting that I can think of.

Oh wait, one more. There's a video on Youtube of a live performance at Woodstock '99 where a woman in the audience is fully naked and sitting on her boyfriend's shoulders. The camera zooms in on her several times during the performance.

Blacks Beach, north of San Diego, was swimsuit optional back in the 70s, until it was banned. That didn't stop the nudists. I haven't been there in decades but I'm sure nothing has changed. And there's nothing authorities can do. The only access is a long walk in from the north or south. Any vehicle can be seen coming a mile away.

Nude beaches and such aside, the one I personally saw was a brigade-size parade downtown in a certain city. It was around the early-Afghanistan period and public approval was quite high. A pair of well-endowed young ladies on a second-story balcony decided to flash their boyfriends in the parade. Media coverage resulted, but no charges. It brought a certain enthusiasm in the ranks, of course,

You realize these are fictional stories, right?

Or do I have to post how few mom and son couples are in the real world as opposed to the 20k+ that star in stories here?
Or how many times a woman dances with a sports star and then walks out in front of him to have a wild night of sex. Oh and so many rational women believe a husband will forgive it. I am not saying women won't cheat with high-end men. I am saying 99.999% of the time if the husband is nearby, they quietly take contact information for later processing. See the real-life Fletcher Cox story for what actually happens.

Actual naked people in public? Er none. Several topless women with bottoms on. (I'm in the US and our beaches mostly require tops)

Blacks Beach, north of San Diego, was swimsuit optional back in the 70s, until it was banned. That didn't stop the nudists. I haven't been there in decades but I'm sure nothing has changed. And there's nothing authorities can do. The only access is a long walk in from the north or south. Any vehicle can be seen coming a mile away.
It was banned only in one section of the beach, which was public property. The other part was private land, and full nudity is still allowed there, last I heard.

I’m working on a story that takes place outside and I’m trying to keep it plausible but it’s hard. There’s good unrealistic and bad unrealistic.

I’ve discretely had outdoor sex (maybe not full blown fucking but touching) with all my long term partners. So my solution is to ask myself, “Would I do that?”

Living in Germany, and visiting places where German tourists frequent was how I got to see naked boobies for first dozens of times. But somehow it’s almost never the kind of people you want to see naked. Go figure.
Indeed.
Nude beaches and such aside, the one I personally saw was a brigade-size parade downtown in a certain city. It was around the early-Afghanistan period and public approval was quite high. A pair of well-endowed young ladies on a second-story balcony decided to flash their boyfriends in the parade. Media coverage resulted, but no charges. It brought a certain enthusiasm in the ranks, of course,
If you look back at some of the very early season episodes of COPS, you'll find quite a few in New Orleans during Mari Gras where they deal with that kind of thing.

Back