Recognition for New Poets

rikaaim said:
Yes I do now that you say so. I very much see ankles. The heels of the base of her feet are the round mounds towards the bottom. Working up slightly the small round buldges are the ankles. :)

At first I thought it was an abstract pussy portral, but that's just how my mind works. :D
PatCarrington said:
that's exactly what i see...still. :cool:
It's the nut meat inside a walnut... Oops! Sorry, wrong thread. I thought this was squirrelly.

Hello Rika and wilkommen.

PatCarrington said:
anna claims they're her ankles.

i know i'm visually impaired, but i can't for the life of me see ankles.

do you see ankles?

...maybe i need to stand on my head, or jump up and down and cover one eye...

sheesh

I will send you the bigger picture I cut this from so you can get the picture.

rikaaim-- thanks! I know it is pussy like, but my pussy does not like to come out in public, and it does not look anything like that, so the feet will have to do in a pinch....

if you look very closely, you can see a stray hair I missed.

annaswirls said:
sheesh

I will send you the bigger picture I cut this from so you can get the picture.

rikaaim-- thanks! I know it is pussy like, but my pussy does not like to come out in public, and it does not look anything like that, so the feet will have to do in a pinch....

if you look very closely, you can see a stray hair I missed.

Wait...this is supposed to clear things up? :confused:

I see pussy now more than I did before. Hmmm...is it just me? Naw...I don't think so. I think you just like to tease. ;)

rikaaim said:
Wait...this is supposed to clear things up? :confused:

I see pussy now more than I did before. Hmmm...is it just me? Naw...I don't think so. I think you just like to tease. ;)

tease? moi?

it is just my fingers pressed between calf and thigh behind my bent knee

annaswirls said:
I am quite ashamed to say that I did not notice this poet until the little green E came up next to his name. Shame on me.

I know I would have found him sooner or later, thanks to Laurel for highlighting his work for us all to enjoy, which I am quite certain you will.

Check out how he can change the voice within a poem and between his pieces. Check out the phrasing, count how many you have never seen before... of course, everyone falls into a bit of cliche here and there, and you will find more worn phrases, but this poet shows he knows how to write...

in his own words.

UBU

Thanks for the mention anna i'll be sure to check him out! :rose:

rikaaim said:
I just read this for the first time today. I would like to take your opportunity to introduce myself and a bit about what I write, hoping that it may inspire some positive attention.

First of all, please call me Rika. Pronounce as Reekaa. Long e and a softer a on the end. This screen name of mine actually comes from a poem I wrote way back in high school. One of these days I'll find it and post it because it is still my favorite poem.

I've been on Lit since December and have written mostly poetry. My poems are basically just my feelings. When I go through the good times I make them a poem. More often than not it's the bad times that get written about.

I have about 5 poems up now. Some soar, some stab, some move, and some just hurt. It's all me though.

Little Boy is my very first poem here. I know it needs work, but I feel the message and core of it is what I had to get out.

Live is about a friend of mine who helped me learn to move on and let go.

Back to Me is when I finally felt back to the place where I should always be, me.

Why is a constant fear that I have in my relationships with others.

Writen Fear is about the time in my life when I really wanted to write seriously, but the constant doubts stopped me.

Those are all of my poems and a little bit behind each of them. If anyone wants to read and leave me some thoughts and ideas I would greatly appreciate them. I'm always looking for a way to polish my overall talent and become better.

Thank you.

Also if anyone can recommend an outstanding poet to view for inspiration and ideas, I would like that too.

I've been looking to Sack, The Fool, and Dr. Mabeuse for guidance and inspiration. I think those three gents are fantastic. Mostly I just don't really know who's a poet on Lit, so I chat with those guys and know of their works. If anyone else can suggest some other good poets, I know we have many, I would like that. :)

Welcome Rika I apolgise I havent been around to welcome you sooner, I will be sure to check out your work as soon as i can and as du said we have many wonderful poets here on Lit too many to mention by name but i'm sure you will discover those for yourself.

So welcome again and I look forward to reading your work! :rose:

Jennifer C said:
Welcome Rika I apolgise I havent been around to welcome you sooner, I will be sure to check out your work as soon as i can and as du said we have many wonderful poets here on Lit too many to mention by name but i'm sure you will discover those for yourself.

So welcome again and I look forward to reading your work! :rose:

Thank you very much for the welcome. Any advice or input on my poems would be greatly appreciated. I always just fancied myself a dabbler, but some people think I have talent and potential. I don't know.

rikaaim said:
Thank you very much for the welcome. Any advice or input on my poems would be greatly appreciated. I always just fancied myself a dabbler, but some people think I have talent and potential. I don't know.

Your more than welcome, if it's advice your after then the threads are the place to get it, their are wonderful poets on here who are only too happy to give friendly advice and suggestions. Feel free to post your work here on this thread and if you ask for opinions on it you will be sure to get some here! Or feel free just to post your work for fun, it's all appreciated.

Again welcome and I look forward to reading your work
:rose:

Hey all, just wanted to reccomend a new poet I discovered today Shagly

His new poem Yearning heart is on the new poems list today and I feel that he has a raw talent for poetry and a beautiful use of words.

So if you get the chance go check him out

and remember

Read, Vote, and Comment :rose:

Thanks

JC
:D

Dubbl said:
Very useful links for people like me,just getting started..THX!!

Your welcome, it's my pleasure and nice to see you on the threads.

Welcome Dubbl

1 by nb_ero ©

Only one comment on this poem, I hope that more people drop by and read it, welcome this new poet. I missed it when it first came out, and found it through the Roll Call Thread (which I recommend for you to read -- I try to stop by once a week, but do not always get there, when I catch up I find a lot of interesting new writers here! Lets keep 'em. If you are new and have not checked in, please do so if you would like for us to get to know you a little better.

It seems the water may not be so hard to draw because
her breasts are orange-halves

round, firm, alive

annaswirls said:
1 by nb_ero ©

Only one comment on this poem, I hope that more people drop by and read it, welcome this new poet. I missed it when it first came out, and found it through the Roll Call Thread (which I recommend for you to read -- I try to stop by once a week, but do not always get there, when I catch up I find a lot of interesting new writers here! Lets keep 'em. If you are new and have not checked in, please do so if you would like for us to get to know you a little better.

Cheers for that anna, i'll check it out :rose:

I'd just like to thank all of you for your emails about this thread, i'm so glad it is helping you learn more about poetry and encouraging you to write and post here on Lit.

I have tried to reply to all of the emails I have received but if I have missed any out I apologise. I thank you all for your support

I have to say this.

I have seen a recent rushhhhhh on new poets, posting new poems. I am so glad to see this. *Fresh Meat* as Eve would say~ *grins*

Welcome all new poets. This is a wonderful thread to get info from. If one only takes the time to backtrack.
I have found that if you read ... read ... read some more you will grow as a poet. Nothing is ever enough.
Thirst for all you want.
Hunger for what you see.
Be what you imagine.
Here on Lit.

Welcome to all~ ...

Happy writing ... pull up a chair and have a good time.

We do not bite, well maybe Neo does ...
We always show you the way ... except for 4 Degree's ...
He is in his own dimension.
Oh how I do love his writing. (bet ya didn't see that comin huh )

Be all you can be.
Grow, learn .. and feel the sun shining .. here at Lit~

If'n ya need somethin' ask ..
We are all accommodating ...
*grins* exceptin * Annoy Mouse~
He is juat a pain in the rear~

Good Luck ... Be well ... Happy Writing~

My Erotic Tale said:
assignment...

three and four stanza poems where love is the descriptive.

gettin feather quill out ... ink

oh kind teacha~

give me a few ... this is gonna be fun~ :D

Intoxicated, by our exquisite love.
Blissfully floating, in our world of one.
Soaring high, above the clouds.

Snatching every taste, smell,
thrust, and grind.
As we scream wails of passion.
Penetrating that outer shell,
sinking into the others, inner being.

We are one, as we should finally be.
Exhausted fingers fumble.
Sweaty, saturated bodies
still entwined.

Raspy breaths, constantly
murmuring our love.
Mouths consuming, dancing,
and tasting our juices.
Falling deep, into our world of love.~

:heart: :kiss: ;)

Okay here is my try!

Childlike games

Far in the distant we hear the call of another
Childlike urges power our souls
creating illusions reality in mutating clouds
riding tails of comets through dark nights
Sparklers writing secret names in the dark

Chasing fireflies and caging them in jars
Hide and seek always a winner to be found
Red light green light stop and go
Dodge ball fired at the heart
Child like games when we never grow

Marco Polo blind and seeking
Chinese School has just began
No more talking no more fun
Blissfully screaming Tag Your it!
Child like games we play in love!

Last edited:
RhymeFairy said:
Intoxicated, by our exquisite love.
Blissfully floating, in our world of one.
Soaring high, above the clouds.

Snatching every taste, smell,
thrust, and grind.
As we scream wails of passion.
Penetrating that outer shell,
sinking into the others, inner being.

We are one, as we should finally be.
Exhausted fingers fumble.
Sweaty, saturated bodies
still entwined.

Raspy breaths, constantly
murmuring our love.