Sleeping on the Wing Challenge: Vladimir Mayakowski (1893-1930)

Ange, before I forget. Spell check S1 L5 1st word ... lightning bugs.

How about toxic rice paddies instead of burning, although I imagine napalm wasn't dependent on dryness to burn? I was sorta riffing on Agent Orange that's where toxic came from.

It's a terrific take on the challenge.

Ange, before I forget. Spell check S1 L5 1st word ... lightning bugs.

How about toxic rice paddies instead of burning, although I imagine napalm wasn't dependent on dryness to burn? I was sorta riffing on Agent Orange that's where toxic came from.

It's a terrific take on the challenge.

Thanks sweets. I'll fix the typo. I think I want to stick with burning though--toxic is a somewhat different image to me, equally distasteful but not one I immediately associate with Viet Nam. I could just take it out; I think that'd work.

It's not particularly an angry poem, but it's what came out when I started writing.

I'll bet when they wear socks at all, them Maineers likely have wool instead of cotton. Now, their granny pannies might be cotton :p.

Crocheted patchwork!

Wish I could write like that

I said the same thing once upon a time. I still can't write like Ange, but she helped me find my own voice, which is sorta silly sometimes and extremely creepy sometimes but i'm not ashamed of it anymore, lol.

Just keep writing and one day you will be reading something you wrote and find yourself saying, WOW< did I really write that, OMG... oh my gawsh

leaps an bounds already dear lady

:rose:

I said the same thing once upon a time. I still can't write like Ange, but she helped me find my own voice, which is sorta silly sometimes and extremely creepy sometimes but i'm not ashamed of it anymore, lol.

Just keep writing and one day you will be reading something you wrote and find yourself saying, WOW< did I really write that, OMG... oh my gawsh

leaps an bounds already dear lady

:rose:

We never give ourselves enough credit, I suppose. I would describe your voice as sensual and aware, very much in touch with the world around you. Sometimes bawdy, sometimes strident or ironic but you usually get the tone just right to fit the theme. I still remember when you first came here, sis, and I read you and thought to myself "she has the gift." And you do; you have a natural gift for poetry imo. And with all your ups and downs, that can never be taken from you. It may recede from time to time, like it does for all of us, but it never leaves.

And I would agree about UYS. She has a naturally poetic voice, especially when she writes about nature but I may think that because that's mostly what I've seen from her, thus far. But Annie, NJ knows what she's talking about--when the natural gift is there to start and you write every day, well great poetry is born from that. :)

I'm so glad you're back NJ.

:kiss:

We never give ourselves enough credit, I suppose. I would describe your voice as sensual and aware, very much in touch with the world around you. Sometimes bawdy, sometimes strident or ironic but you usually get the tone just right to fit the theme. I still remember when you first came here, sis, and I read you and thought to myself "she has the gift." And you do; you have a natural gift for poetry imo. And with all your ups and downs, that can never be taken from you. It may recede from time to time, like it does for all of us, but it never leaves.

And I would agree about UYS. She has a naturally poetic voice, especially when she writes about nature but I may think that because that's mostly what I've seen from her, thus far. But Annie, NJ knows what she's talking about--when the natural gift is there to start and you write every day, well great poetry is born from that. :)

Amen to that. Good to hear NJ's over that little episode. Write some more before you hit the road again.

May I make you blush Angeline and NJ? You are sweet and kind occassionally very rude and my kind of people and I am glad to call you friends

me too, sis. but those places are scary. better than rehab, but still....

thank you

:heart:

Back