Soaring U.S. Debt Is a Spending Problem

The defense spending which isn't accounted for line by line, buys freedom the average person doesn't see.
During the War in Vietnam I wanted to be free from conscription. I wanted the freedom to buy and smoke marijuana without being arrested. The U.S. military was not buying my freedom to do either.

Citizens in many countries are just as free as we are, without an expensive military.

During the War in Vietnam I wanted to be free from conscription. I wanted the freedom to buy and smoke marijuana without being arrested. The U.S. military was not buying my freedom to do either.

Citizens in many countries are just as free as we are, without an expensive military.

So you want to be free from the consequences of your unlawful acts?

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.

Your chart is a bit dated but the percentages haven’t changed much. More recent data from the Tax Foundation:

“In 2021, the bottom half of taxpayers earned 10.4 percent of total AGI and paid 2.3 percent of all federal individual income taxes. The top 1 percent earned 26.3 percent of total AGI and paid 45.8 percent of all federal income taxes.”

The marginal rates for individuals established in the 2017 TCJA bill are most likely going to be extended when they expire in 2025, although there is a slight possibility the top rate could go up from 37% to 39.6%.

So you want to be free from the consequences of your unlawful acts?

Yeah, that's pretty stupid.
I did not want them to be illegal. I did not want the United States to be involved in the War in Vietnam at all. Currently we have good relations with the Communist government of united Vietnam. Communist Vietnam is one of our trading partners.

To those who claim that the U.S. military exists to protect our freedom I ask, "Freedom to do what?"

Your chart is a bit dated but the percentages haven’t changed much. More recent data from the Tax Foundation:

“In 2021, the bottom half of taxpayers earned 10.4 percent of total AGI and paid 2.3 percent of all federal individual income taxes. The top 1 percent earned 26.3 percent of total AGI and paid 45.8 percent of all federal income taxes.”

The marginal rates for individuals established in the 2017 TCJA bill are most likely going to be extended when they expire in 2025, although there is a slight possibility the top rate could go up from 37% to 39.6%.
Those who point out that most of the income tax is paid by the upper class and the upper middle class, that the working class and the poor pay little or no income tax, and who claim that this is somehow unfair ignore the fact that the overall tax system is mildly progressive.

taxPercentage 2.png

Those who point out that most of the income tax is paid by the upper class and the upper middle class, that the working class and the poor pay little or no income tax, and who claim that this is somehow unfair ignore the fact that the overall tax system is mildly progressive.

View attachment 2358396
Yes, the federal government has a very progressive income tax system. States rely more heavily on sales taxes and property taxes which are more regressive.

Yes, the federal government has a very progressive income tax system. States rely more heavily on sales taxes and property taxes which are more regressive.
The national debt only became a problem when Republicans made the income tax less progressive.

Biden deficit-slasher messaging undercut by ballooning national debt​

ByHaisten Willis

For most of his time in the White House, President Joe Biden has bragged about a pandemic-era drop in the national deficit that occurred on his watch.

Yet he will have a harder time making that case after the Congressional Budget Office revealed this week that its estimated budget shortfall for this year had been revised up from $1.5 trillion to $1.9 trillion.

That’s a far cry from the record $3.1 trillion spent in 2020, driven by a host of COVID-19-era stimulus programs. Biden has used this figure as the benchmark he compares the deficit to under his administration.

But the national debt is still growing, by $1.4 trillion in 2022, $1.7 trillion in 2023, and now an estimated $1.9 trillion in 2024. The largest annual deficit of the Trump administration before 2020 was $980 billion.

More here: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...en-deficit-undercut-ballooning-national-debt/

Bidenomics is killing America.

ByHaisten Willis

For most of his time in the White House, President Joe Biden has bragged about a pandemic-era drop in the national deficit that occurred on his watch.

Yet he will have a harder time making that case after the Congressional Budget Office revealed this week that its estimated budget shortfall for this year had been revised up from $1.5 trillion to $1.9 trillion.

That’s a far cry from the record $3.1 trillion spent in 2020, driven by a host of COVID-19-era stimulus programs. Biden has used this figure as the benchmark he compares the deficit to under his administration.

But the national debt is still growing, by $1.4 trillion in 2022, $1.7 trillion in 2023, and now an estimated $1.9 trillion in 2024. The largest annual deficit of the Trump administration before 2020 was $980 billion.

More here: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...en-deficit-undercut-ballooning-national-debt/

Ohhhh… do the part where they include the 2020 numbers… that will be fun.

Or did Daddy Vlady tell you that doesn’t help your narrative. Just like using the examiner…

I did not want them to be illegal. I did not want the United States to be involved in the War in Vietnam at all. Currently we have good relations with the Communist government of united Vietnam. Communist Vietnam is one of our trading partners.

To those who claim that the U.S. military exists to protect our freedom I ask, "Freedom to do what?"
A strong military poster is more of a deterrent. Without a significant military capability we would be talking Chinese. Not all military might results in kinetic action.

correction>>>> posture

Last edited:

ByHaisten Willis

Why can't progressive democrats accept the fact that we don't have a revenue problem we have a spending problem.

A strong military poster is more of a deterrent. Without a significant military capability we would be talking Chinese. Not all military might results in kinetic action.
But you frying up some potatoes….there is some kinetic action. Is kinetic on your word a day calendar?

Why can't progressive democrats accept the fact that we don't have a revenue problem we have a spending problem.
So cute, two idiots agreeing with a third idiot.

Almost as if you are really the same idiot…. Aren’t alone that way right?

Can you let someone else have the light now??

Defense spending in FY2025 is expected to be around 3% of GDP. During the Korean War is way about 14%, during Viet Nam about 9%, it and was about 6% in the 80s. In the post Cold War era in the 90s it dipped to 3%, then spiked to almost 5% during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. It’s been hovering 3.5% in recent years and is forecast to be 3% in FY 2025. Not sure if the military aid to Ukraine and Israel is included.

Defense spending in FY2025 is expected to be around 3% of GDP. During the Korean War is way about 14%, during Viet Nam about 9%, it and was about 6% in the 80s. In the post Cold War era in the 90s it dipped to 3%, then spiked to almost 5% during the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. It’s been hovering 3.5% in recent years and is forecast to be 3% in FY 2025. Not sure if the military aid to Ukraine and Israel is included.
What’s that, don’t have the numbers from your war? The war to cleanse Europe?

We can wait, go find those figures… how much did the US spend fighting your…dad? Uncle?

We are not keeping up!! period. Right now our navy short at least 80 ships. Our air force i.e. f-22 raptors are at or below 70% mission capable. Most air force assets are at or below 60% fully mission capable. F-35s are depending what month could be as low a 50% fully mission capable.

We are not keeping up!! period. Right now our navy short at least 80 ships. Our air force i.e. f-22 raptors are at or below 70% mission capable. Most air force assets are at or below 60% fully mission capable. F-35s are depending what month could be as low a 50% fully mission capable.
Wow and your ability to navigate technology and this “new platform” is overly underwhelming.

All that fry oil I bet! DING Fry Up!

Right now as we speak we are in no condition militarily to go to war with a peer adversary. That includes NATO as well. Joe Biden has degraded our military combat readiness with a plethora of woke experimentation. Example, the DoD, is proposing to feed US soldiers lab-grown meat to "reduce the CO2 footprint of food production," according to an announcement last month. One wonders of the idea didn't begin in a Chinese Lab.:rolleyes:

Because most Americans want the government to do more to help them get through life, and they want the rich to pay for it.

Because most Americans want the government to do more to help them get through life, and they want the rich to pay for it.
Most Americans don't want hand outs, they don't expect big government to pay their way, all they want is a fair playing field.

Pink Slime Journalism check:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-examiner/
  • Overall, we rate the Washington Examiner Right Biased based on editorial positions that almost exclusively favor the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks.

Editorially, the Washington Examiner is 100% right. It is virtually impossible to find a single editorial that offers balance. Most editorials have anti-left loaded headlines

Most Americans don't want hand outs, they don't expect big government to pay their way, all they want is a fair playing field.
I have posted this before. Read it this time.

FOX NEWS POLL

Fox News Poll: Voters favor taxing the wealthy, increasing domestic spending​

By Victoria Balara Fox News
Published January 24, 2019 5:55pm EST

Voters prefer increasing spending on domestic programs over cutting taxes and reducing spending, and their preferred way to finance that spending -- is tax the wealthy.

Fifty-one percent of voters want to spend more on programs such as infrastructure, national defense, education, and health care. That includes 63 percent of Democrats, 50 percent of independents, and 39 percent of Republicans.

Forty percent prefer the federal government cut taxes, spending, and regulations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fo...xing-the-wealthy-increasing-domestic-spending

I have posted this before. Read it this time.

FOX NEWS POLL

Fox News Poll: Voters favor taxing the wealthy, increasing domestic spending​

By Victoria Balara Fox News
Published January 24, 2019 5:55pm EST

Voters prefer increasing spending on domestic programs over cutting taxes and reducing spending, and their preferred way to finance that spending -- is tax the wealthy.

Fifty-one percent of voters want to spend more on programs such as infrastructure, national defense, education, and health care. That includes 63 percent of Democrats, 50 percent of independents, and 39 percent of Republicans.

Forty percent prefer the federal government cut taxes, spending, and regulations.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fo...xing-the-wealthy-increasing-domestic-spending
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
JFK (The Last American Democrat)

Back