Svenska...

Yes, I know. My story is that I had a nasty fall the day I chose that name, which resulted in temporary amnesia. Which is why I can't remember why I was so stupid to call myself damppanties.

Read the bio in my memberpage if you want to know how much I hate it. :p

damppanties said:
Yes, I know. My story is that I had a nasty fall the day I chose that name, which resulted in temporary amnesia. Which is why I can't remember why I was so stupid to call myself damppanties.

It's a sweet enough name. I use my real name in AH, but I have another nick in chat, and I'll see if I can use it SRP too.

damppanties said:

Understood Dampy, understood.

It's about time I went off and started my day.

May I wish you both a good one wherever you both are!

THE one and only,

Rude, Lewd and Licentious one!

Good day Lewd. If you happen to get into a pub today, have a bitter and think of a poor sod who can't get the stuff. See if you can send the taste by telepathy, I'll be much obliged.

Dampy, where is the Land of the Kama Sutra. Isn't that Sri Lanka or somewhere like that?

damppanties said:

Personally I think it is a very cute nickname. It's kind of teasing, but not lewd or dirty. It's interesting and suggestive in a cute and shy way without being in your face.

Just my 2 cents

-Colly

Colleen Thomas said:
Personally I think it is a very cute nickname. It's kind of teasing, but not lewd or dirty. It's interesting and suggestive in a cute and shy way without being in your face.

Just my 2 cents

-Colly

Thanks Colly. I wonder if your vision's coloured by what I am on the boards. Would you say the same if you didn't know me? Just curious...

If only the guys out there thought the same as you. Some people think it's a personal invitation - which I suppose is the message it conveys to them. My mistake.

damppanties said:
Thanks Colly. I wonder if your vision's coloured by what I am on the boards. Would you say the same if you didn't know me? Just curious...

If only the guys out there thought the same as you. Some people think it's a personal invitation - which I suppose is the message it conveys to them. My mistake.

I am not so much an old hand here as others. I never took it to be anything other than playfully sugestive. Every nick here is an invitation to some guys. Heck, I write F/F only and I still get horn dogs sending me mail. And I don't even have a sexy nick!

Invitation is just that an invitation. Your nick dosen't give one, I suspect even people with extremely suggestive nicks like Dity Slut still reserve the right to issue invitations and decline them. Let the lewd and crude roll off you back, just like annon feedback and don't feel like you are alone. Every woman here is in the same boat. It's a sex site and since we are women who write, or openly admit enjoying reading about sex some bozo's will consider that an invitation. Considering your talent level they would be hitting on you if your nick was Loreana Bobbit ;)

-Colly

damppanties said:
Only one language. A translation for you, Lewd dude -

So when everyone is talking in weird languages, then why not me! *shrugs* Did anyone understand? Hello! Is there anyone here who understood this??? :p

I was thinking of submitting in the language for my Survivor requirements, but I don't know. What's the use if no one is going to understand it? :(

Since you invite us to guess: Japanese. Because of the vowel sounds. I don't know. I hear it often enough (if I am right), but I don't understand one bit.

Lewd
So it was Dutch then. That's cool. There just seemed, as I think Gary might have said, some Germanic substance there. I've not noticed that in Dutch before. By the way, what do you call your language? Assuming you are Dutch, or Nederlander, judging by your passion.

I know I said I was peace loving. But you are really pushing it, aren't you? :mad:

I am Dutch, my language is Dutch and if you talk about Flemish that is the language of our neighbours to the south in Belgium. German is the big brother to the east. Never, ever confuse the two, that is a cardinal sin! ;)

As for influences: Dutch, German and English among others are all members of the same tree - Indo-European languages.

Hey, once a teacher, always a teacher. :D

damppanties said:
To jab sabhi ajeeb zabanon mein baat kar rahey hain to main kyun nahi! *shrugs* Koi samajh paya? Arey O! Koi hai yahan pe jo yeh samjha??? :p

Dampy, my first guess is Hindi but India has so many languages and dialects that I think Hindi is too obvious.

I can't find any of your words in my copy of Hobson-Jobson.

Could be Sanscrit or bhäsha?

Og

Gary Chambers said:
Ah, now that prompted me to discover where Lusitânia is. Now I understand. Having never been to Portugal, only Spain, I only associated Lusitânia with a sunken ship. When I read Letters from Pohjola for some reason I associated you with the Baltic region, and concluded you were Lithuanian, although it always confused me because Pohjola certainly seemed to come from the Alagarve.
Pohjola is Finnish, actually. It looks like nothing that would come from Algarve, where most toponymy is of obvious Arabian origin, either in sound or in meaning. ;)

I'm Portuguese, but have no problem with English, obviously, Spanish, Gallician, Catalan, French, Italian. I have a few notions of Finnish, Arabian and Japanese too.

:)

Colleen Thomas said:
I am not so much an old hand here as others. I never took it to be anything other than playfully sugestive. Every nick here is an invitation to some guys. Heck, I write F/F only and I still get horn dogs sending me mail. And I don't even have a sexy nick!

Invitation is just that an invitation. Your nick dosen't give one, I suspect even people with extremely suggestive nicks like Dity Slut still reserve the right to issue invitations and decline them. Let the lewd and crude roll off you back, just like annon feedback and don't feel like you are alone. Every woman here is in the same boat. It's a sex site and since we are women who write, or openly admit enjoying reading about sex some bozo's will consider that an invitation. Considering your talent level they would be hitting on you if your nick was Loreana Bobbit ;)

-Colly

Yep. You're right. Thanks for helping me get that right. :)

Originally posted by oggbashan
Dampy, my first guess is Hindi but India has so many languages and dialects that I think Hindi is too obvious.

It is hindi. I don't know any other languages of India. There are too many.

I have no idea what Hobson-Jobson is. :confused:

BT, Japanese?? :p

damppanties said:
It is hindi. I don't know any other languages of India. There are too many.

I have no idea what Hobson-Jobson is. :confused:

Hobson-Jobson is the Anglo-Indian dictionary originally published in 1886 and tries to cover all the words of Indian origin from whatever Indian language or dialect that have made their way into English as spoken on the Indian sub-continent.

Each word is illustrated by references to its first written use (like the full Oxford English Dictionary).

Here is a sample:

"CHOKY, s Hindi chauki, which in all its senses is probably connected with Sanscrit chatur 'four'; whence chatuska, 'of four' 'four-sided' etc.

a. (Perhaps first a shed resting on four posts); a station of police; a lock-up; also a station of palankin bearers, horses, etc., when a post is laid; a customs or toll-station, and hence, as in the first quotation, the dues levied at such a place; the act of watching or guarding.

Then follows 8 quotations from 1535 to 1810, then definition b - a chair followed by two more quotations."

Og

Last edited:
Svenskaflicka said:
What happened to the language fest?

More foreign languages! More! Más! Mehr! Plus! Mera!

And who is better qualified to add to the fest than you?

Th' entente is al, and nought the lettres space. - Chaucer

Og

I'll go with a classic. I've quoted this many times before, but what the eff...

Da jeg råbte vid Kristus på korset;
"Hvi har du forladt mig?"
sade du:
"Jeg tror ikke riktig vi passer sammen."

‚Ý‚È‚³‚ñ�A‚±‚ñ‚É‚¿‚Í�A ‚±‚ê‚Í“ú–{Œê‚Å‚_‚é�B Ž„‚Í‚·‚ׂĂ·‚΂炵‚¢“ú‚ð‰ß‚·‚±‚Æ‚ð–]‚Þ

(Oh balls, that didn't work. Looks like the Lit boards don't support Japanese characters. :rolleyes: )

Tatelou said:

(Oh balls, that didn't work. Looks like the Lit boards don't support Japanese characters. :rolleyes: )
I know! They used to support Arabic when I first started posting, but then it stopped working too! :(

:eek:

With my foot in my mouth, it's impossible to utter any language at all. :D

Merde!

Tatelou said:

Nope. But it looks pretty damn foreign to me. Alien even. :)

japanese.jpg

That's the best way I could come up with. :rolleyes:

Lou

Voulez vous couchez avec moi, ce soir?

Lou :devil:

P.S. Someone had to do it, sooner or later. :D

Back