Svenskaflicka, if you intend to PM people

Temperate climes

Sub Joe said:
Just got off the phone with my bro in L.A. He told me it's 80 degrees over thre right now. I guess there has to be SOME reason to live in California...

It's a bone-chilling 60 degrees here today, and I'm not even in the temperate zone of California. Poor me.

Sub Joe said:
Just got off the phone with my bro in L.A. He told me it's 80 degrees over thre right now. I guess there has to be SOME reason to live in California...

Sometimes, we don't even get that much in the summer! :eek:

Svenskaflicka said:
Sometimes, we don't even get that much in the summer! :eek:

Dear Svenska,
Considering the infrequent visits from your husband, it sounds like you don't get much during the winter, either.
Gerunda the Nosy

MathGirl said:
Dear Svenska,
Considering the infrequent visits from your husband, it sounds like you don't get much during the winter, either.
Gerunda the Nosy
Which is why the Swedes invade Denmark every day of the year to buy cheap beer and alcohol.
:p
Coolgerund the Spectabulous

I think I might be Finnish

Just saw a great movie by the Finnish director Aki Kaurismäki.

I mentioned how much I identifed with the characters in the film to a Swedish acquantaince. She told me that in Sweden they have a joke:

A Swede, Dane and Finn sat drinking schnapps in a bar. Before the first round, the three of them said "skål!" and knocked back their drinks. Same for the second round, third round. For some reason, at each round, the Finn seemed to be getting more and more pissed off. By the eight round, the Swede and Dane said, as usual, "skål!" but the Finn just knocked back his drink silently.
"Hey, what's up?" they asked him. The Finn turned to them. "Look, did we come here to talk, or drink?"

Well, I'm such a piss-poor speller, I often use Ms Word, even when posting to the board.

In Word you can use Insert Symbol, e.g. ©OcksÜ©®

MathGirl said:
Dear Svenska,
Gerunda the Nosy

If I were Prime Minister of Sweden, I'd pass a law that gives people with distant-living lovers free phone and a life supply of free batteries for the vibrators... :(

Back