"Tales of Leinyere" Story Event: Official Support Thread

I'm just about finished at 18k words.
Still got to iron out the plot. If anyone would like to beta read, would love to have some takers.
Story has changed quite significantly from what I originally envisioned. Sexy she-wolves are still there but story went from sweeping romance to an anti-hero buddy caper.

I know it's a lot to ask as it's a busy time with the holidays and all, but if you'd like to beta read, shoot me a message!

Flicked you a PM.

So many of my favorite authors have already signed up. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I write so slow, I wish I would have found this sooner. :(

I found it sooner, and I'm still in trouble. Oh well, I always say I work best under pressure.

“A whole seven months…” I laughed when I read that original post. Here we are, about three weeks out, and I’m still hammering away.

Yeah I was like "ill just write all the story bits then go back in and write some smut"

61 fucking pages and 30k words later I'm like "yeah ill just write the story bits."

Haha if it makes anyone feel better, I still have *two* unfinished stories for this…

Phew! Finished one of my stories, so I should only have a few thousand words left to write on my last one! Hope everyone else is doing well, and more importantly: having fun!

I still don't have a lot of info for the Timeline from everybody, so as much of that as I can get before the event goes live the sooner it will all be on the Timeline, but no pressure!

Just in case anyone wants to see it, here's the intro that I'm going to include at the beginning of my stories:

NouhBdee said:
This story was written as a part of the “Tales of Leinyere” event on Literotica, a collaborative fantasy worldbuilding event from many talented Literotica authors. Look for the event on Literotica’s story page to find links to a map of Leinyere, the official timeline of all our stories, and links to all the stories in the event from all the fantastic authors who have participated. Thanks for stepping into this world with us, and happy reading!

Don't feel like you have to include an intro at all, and it definitely doesn't need to be this one, but it can be if that makes your life easier!

Phew! Finished one of my stories, so I should only have a few thousand words left to write on my last one! Hope everyone else is doing well, and more importantly: having fun!

I still don't have a lot of info for the Timeline from everybody, so as much of that as I can get before the event goes live the sooner it will all be on the Timeline, but no pressure!

Just in case anyone wants to see it, here's the intro that I'm going to include at the beginning of my stories:

Don't feel like you have to include an intro at all, and it definitely doesn't need to be this one, but it can be if that makes your life easier!

Thank you again for doing this. As a reader I am SO looking forward.

My story ballooned out to 25k words. My original goal was 10k :/
So not sure where in the timeline My story would go. It starts in the Loach and Lumber tavern Greywood Crossing, and there aren't any major events in my story that would necessarily conflict with any other story, I think... so yeah any period where that tavern and the greywood forest exists works for me!

And thanks again for organizing the challenge. I don't write normally write fantasy so this was fun. Still got a lot of work to iron out the plot but should be done soon!

I also don't really know where to put it. Since there's no guns or airships or anything in mine, I'd suggest it be old but not too old, since I reference some shit that happened in the past. Super helpful I know.

Those points are probably more helpful than you think, but I also meant: is there a longer description or any images you want included on the timeline entry?

Thanks for the intro blurb. I'm including it now.

I'm getting excited to submit!

I also don't really know where to put it. Since there's no guns or airships or anything in mine, I'd suggest it be old but not too old, since I reference some shit that happened in the past. Super helpful I know.

Your story is timeless, but I’d drop it around 55-5600. A bit earlier than mine.

Edit - Nouh, can you add to my entry “Science is overtaking magic, but some things remain the same. Like the attraction between two beings that can’t be denied.”

Last edited:
intro and timeline

Just resubmitted to include an intro, because that's a good idea.

My story, The Half's Way, takes place ten years after Lu'Horagh's death. So about 5505 ADA.

-Yib

Awesome!
Just submitted all but one of my stories, while I wait for some important feedback on the last one. I'm so excited that submissions are live, and posting day is less than three weeks away! I can't wait to read what all of you have been working on!

If you're still working on yours, keep plugging away! You're amazing, and it's going to be a great story once it's done, I just know it!

Nouh

The Windscour Desert

Literally just seeing this event thread today so not leaving me alot of time but I figure I can put out a semi decent short story or poem. Has anyone done any significant stories or worldbuilding in The Windscour Desert area that I should be aware of? Also is it sand desert, or more dry, arid, rocks for miles desert.

Thanks in advance

Literally just seeing this event thread today so not leaving me alot of time but I figure I can put out a semi decent short story or poem. Has anyone done any significant stories or worldbuilding in The Windscour Desert area that I should be aware of? Also is it sand desert, or more dry, arid, rocks for miles desert.

Thanks in advance

Siobhancan99 has - it's a traditional sand desert with an oasis or two.

Thanks in advance

I've got it as wasteland in its NW corner, near the Witch's Tit. Orcs use it as a way to get toward the Marches sometimes.

Good luck!

A minor character in my story is 'Grimyorn, the Wizard of Windscour Keep'

I also make a reference to 'fruits that blush like gems from the Windscour Desert'

In both cases I picked the Windscour Desert because the name is pretty cool :)

Nouh if you're looking for blurbs to flesh out the timeline I can give you a few that relate to my story. Otherwise lets just say mine is 5500.

Also for the desert, I wrote it as (in 5500 or so) having a persian style sort of set of city states in the north (hotter part of the desert) along a river for irrigation.

Then the rest of the desert is dry, somewhat sandy but honestly its a big place so you could write whatever. My characters mostly skirt the rim of the desert so whatever you'd want to dump in the middle I think is fair game.

Has anyone done anything with Thrace, The Isle of Pen, or the Seax Isles? I don't want to contradict anything that has already been written about them.

Back