Thanksgiving Challenge

Re: Re: Re: If you axe me this whole idea is dangerous...

The Mutt said:

now there's one that i'm sure is near and dear to my friend darkmaas. Excellent choice.

:D

And now for the new, improved, and updated list of Thanksgiving turkeys, a gaggle of gobblers if ever I saw one.

*Catbabe*
Angeline
average gina
BooMerengue
champagne1982
CremeBrule
darkmaas
jd4george
LilDarlin
Miss Oatlash
Neonurotic
Tathagata
The_Fool
The Mutt
Tristesse
tungtied2u
WickedEve

That's 17 so far. Seventeen poets blithely and blissfully stealing each others' lines, being each others' muses. And isn't that what life is all about? Actually it's not, but I've had a pretty long day, and I'm sinking into platitudes. And always, my mind is traveling back to the election results and recoiling in horror, lol.

But anyway.

There are two poets lurking in this thread, who have not committed themselves, so to speak. And they know who they are. So do we, twelveoone and flyguy, lol. Post one more time, either of you and I put you on the next list. (It's a dare.) :D

And now I am pulling out the big guns.

denis hale, I want you in this challenge. I've known you lurk and you'll read this (but I'll pm you just in case, hehe), and I know you could do a fantastic job and you never do challenges. And I want the conquest. I want your challenge virginity. Give it up. For me. ;)

Better start thinking about whose poems you want to use. It's like secret pals. lol.

:rose:

Last edited:
The_Fool said:
Ange, you are such a poem slut....:D

It's true. It's the sluttiest thing about me. :)

(I'm also a grammar slut. I just went back to my previous post to fix a comma and a verb.)

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: If you axe me this whole idea is dangerous...

Angeline said:

Better start thinking about whose poems you want to use. It's like secret pals. lol.

And you know we will all be secretly miffed if one of our lines doesn't get used.
;)

I'm in. My poetry muse has been shouted down lately by my prose muse, and I hope this will bring 'er back out to play.

Plus I agree with the Mutt. It will be fun motivation to read more of all y'all's work looking for my opening and closing lines.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: If you axe me this whole idea is dangerous...

Angeline said:
now there's one that i'm sure is near and dear to my friend darkmaas. Excellent choice.

And now for the new, improved, and updated list of Thanksgiving turkeys, a gaggle of gobblers if ever I saw one.

*Catbabe*
Angeline
average gina
BooMerengue
champagne1982
CremeBrule
darkmaas
jd4george
LilDarlin
Miss Oatlash
Neonurotic
Tathagata
The_Fool
The Mutt
Tristesse
tungtied2u
WickedEve

That's 17 so far. Seventeen poets blithely and blissfully stealing each others' lines, being each others' muses. And isn't that what life is all about? Actually it's not, but I've had a pretty long day, and I'm sinking into platitudes. And always, my mind is traveling back to the election results and recoiling in horror, lol.

But anyway.

There are two poets lurking in this thread, who have not committed themselves, so to speak. And they know who they are. So do we, twelveoone and flyguy, lol. Post one more time, either of you and I put you on the next list. (It's a dare.) :D

And now I am pulling out the big guns.

denis hale, I want you in this challenge. I've known you lurk and you'll read this (but I'll pm you just in case, hehe), and I know you could do a fantastic job and you never do challenges. And I want the conquest. I want your challenge virginity. Give it up. For me. ;)

Whal I've been threatnin' to use:
"Standing with my hands in my pocket"
can be free form right?
as long as nobody minds my demolitions, I'm in.
Let me get it straight, first line, can be anyline from somebody A; last line, is anyline from somebody B.
Line lengh has to be...?
And Miss Oatlash will coach me?

I was not lurking, I made a valid point, if I leave a comment "Wow, that is a great first line" it would be nice to know
just who's it is.

Submit on Tuesday, November 23rd so they appear on Wednesday November 24th.

Be sure to post in this thread the poets and poem titles from which you took your first and last lines.

1201, the above quote is from my original post, so there would be a way to know who used what line from whose poem, but--as I originally suggested it--you wouldn't know unless you looked at both the submitted poem and this thread. That, admittedly, is not the best way to do it.

So I'm thinking we should include that info when we post the poems. Here's an example of how it would work.

Sample Poem (which I just wrote):

Feathered Moment
by Angeline

Brother crow left me feathers.
I picked them up, they were
rain slick, so I could count
each black moment, soft
and distinct, know them
separately as if flight
had lifted my wingless
arms, as if each gave me
one bird moment
though I've never
climbed above a tree,
or swayed a wire
and imagined the possibilities.

Crow Moon by Tathagata
mountain majesty by perks

So, the first line is from Tath's poem Crow Moon, the last is from Perks mountain majesty. If I submitted the poem, I'd do it just like that--with the two references following the poem so everyone knows where I got them.

Make sense to everyone? Seems like a good way to do it to me.

:)

Flyguy just told me that he would love to take the challenge and you should definitely put him on the list.

Okay, he didnt say that at all but he lives far enough away from me that I don't mind tellin a few whoppers about him.:p :D

*Catbabe* said:
Flyguy just told me that he would love to take the challenge and you should definitely put him on the list.

Okay, he didnt say that at all but he lives far enough away from me that I don't mind tellin a few whoppers about him.:p :D

I like when you say " whopper'

*Catbabe* said:
So, a really great fantasy for you would be me working at Burger King?:D :p

he just wants to hear you say stuff like whopper and shake in the same sentence.

*Catbabe* said:
So, a really great fantasy for you would be me working at Burger King?:D :p

Cat... I suspect the difference between fantasy and reality is that in the fantasy Tath won't slip on the french fry grease as he tries to gobble the hot, little banana looking things under the heat lamp!

Angeline said:
he just wants to hear you say stuff like whopper and shake in the same sentence.

LOL Uh huh and,

"Would you like to super size that, Sir?"

Tathagata said:
all monkeys swing

Oh no!! Now I have Jungle Book songs in my head for some reason, which makes absolutely no sense at all because I think they were apes.:D

*Catbabe* said:
Oh no!! Now I have Jungle Book songs in my head for some reason, which makes absolutely no sense at all because I think they were apes.:D

i'm the king of the swingers oh
the jugle VIP
I reached the top
and had to stop
and that's what's been botherin' me

louis prima
hehehe

Tathagata said:
i'm the king of the swingers oh
the jugle VIP
I reached the top
and had to stop
and that's what's been botherin' me

louis prima
hehehe

Evil man errr I mean monkey:p :D

Damn, did my invisibility potion wear off? How long have known I was lurking here, Ange?

I swear, *Cat*, I was just looking for my keys below your bedroom window. Must have jiggled out of my pocket the last time i was there.

Alright, I'll do it, but it may only be a three-line poem.

All I need is three lines, well
two, now, and after this one
the poem's finished.

:D for Billy Collins!

Back