Thanksgiving Challenge

jd4george said:
Cat... I suspect the difference between fantasy and reality is that in the fantasy Tath won't slip on the french fry grease as he tries to gobble the hot, little banana looking things under the heat lamp!

jd!!!:eek: :D

Flyguyyyyyyyyyyyy. I meant to call you and tell you that you left your keys the last time you drove 20 bazillion hours up here to see me.;) :p

That worked well. I wonder who else I can volunteer to play in the challenge?

Angeline said:
<snip>

So, the first line is from Tath's poem Crow Moon, the last is from Perks mountain majesty. If I submitted the poem, I'd do it just like that--with the two references following the poem so everyone knows where I got them.

Make sense to everyone? Seems like a good way to do it to me.

:)

Crystal... ;)

Thank you for the demo

- neo

neonurotic said:
Crystal... ;)

Thank you for the demo

- neo

Pssst Neo. She usually goes by Ange. I don't think it's a good idea to call her Crystal, women are funy about that.

Okay, yes Ange I will stop menacing the poor unsuspecting people on this thread. Honest. I will.:D :p

*Catbabe* said:
Pssst Neo. She usually goes by Ange. I don't think it's a good idea to call her Crystal, women are funy about that.

Okay, yes Ange I will stop menacing the poor unsuspecting people on this thread. Honest. I will.:D :p

starting with me ;)

neonurotic said:
starting with me ;)

Hmm, you want me to start with you, Neo? I thought I was ending with you but sure I can change my plans.

Okay, I will behave now. It's the coffee. I shouldn't ever drink it.:p

*Catbabe* said:
:D :p

That's why a prefer to use terms of endearment rather than names. Besides, I usually forget the name anyway.

Ala Vin Zant:

"What was your name?"

:D

*Catbabe* said:
Hmm, you want me to start with you, Neo? I thought I was ending with you but sure I can change my plans.

Okay, I will behave now. It's the coffee. I shouldn't ever drink it.:p

Good, more coffee for me....

Angeline said:
It's true. It's the sluttiest thing about me. :)

(I'm also a grammar slut. I just went back to my previous post to fix a comma and a verb.)

I have to confess, I get in trouble quite often because I can look at a page of print (such as menus, signs, etc.) and pick out the misspelled words. For some reason that grates on a specific someones nerves....:p

Okay Ange!

Add me to the fold baby!

Sounds like an awesome challenge, and I am thankful for it. *wink*

dhm:devil: :kiss: :devil:

I'm in. This sounds pretty cool, steal a start and a finish and
the race is half over. Just PM me all your good starts and
finishes. sandspike

~Sure I will*

err you PM me yours first~

*Smiles*

Yours is errr *in the mail* ;)

Tathagata said:
i'm the king of the swingers oh
the jugle VIP
I reached the top
and had to stop
and that's what's been botherin' me

louis prima
hehehe

Oooooh. I wanna be like you, baby!

(omg. what am I saying?)

The_Fool said:
I have to confess, I get in trouble quite often because I can look at a page of print (such as menus, signs, etc.) and pick out the misspelled words. For some reason that grates on a specific someones nerves....:p

When I first started working as an editor, my mentor--a true Philadelphia Quaker maiden of about 70 complete with white bun and half glasses) said This will simply ruin reading for you.

It was a pivotal moment in my life, lol, though I didn't realize it then.

:)

Re: Okay Ange!

denis hale said:
Add me to the fold baby!

Sounds like an awesome challenge, and I am thankful for it. *wink*

dhm:devil: :kiss: :devil:

hehehe.

you're mine, hale. ;)

thanks for reading your pm. lol.

:rose: :kiss:

Tathagata said:
i'm the king of the swingers oh
the jugle VIP
I reached the top
and had to stop
and that's what's been botherin' me

louis prima
hehehe
I haven't heard that song in at least 30 years and I still know every word. Even all the scatting. I had the soundtrack album and listened to it a zillion times. That's the power of repitition.
:nana:

You eat ants?
You better believe it... and you're gonna love how they tickle.

Ok. The new list. Isn't this fun? We can all rustle around in each other's poems and see what we like. It'll be like shopping at the the poetry mall, lol.

Sandspike, I'm so glad you're in the fray, too. And flyguy--if you run into any difficulties whatsoever, just remember it's *Cat's* fault, not mine. :D

We're up to 20. Woohoo!

*Catbabe*
Angeline
average gina
BooMerengue
champagne1982
CremeBrule
darkmaas
dennis hale
flyguy69
jd4george
LilDarlin
Miss Oatlash
Neonurotic
sandspike
Tathagata
The_Fool
The Mutt
Tristesse
tungtied2u
WickedEve

:rose:

The Mutt said:
I haven't heard that song in at least 30 years and I still know every word. Even all the scatting. I had the soundtrack album and listened to it a zillion times. That's the power of repitition.
:nana:

You eat ants?
You better believe it... and you're gonna love how they tickle.

Ok, Baloo.

:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If you axe me this whole idea is dangerous...

twelveoone said:
Whal I've been threatnin' to use:
"Standing with my hands in my pocket"
can be free form right?
as long as nobody minds my demolitions, I'm in.
Let me get it straight, first line, can be anyline from somebody A; last line, is anyline from somebody B.
Line lengh has to be...?
And Miss Oatlash will coach me?

I was not lurking, I made a valid point, if I leave a comment "Wow, that is a great first line" it would be nice to know
just who's it is.

I never answered all your questions. Sorry.

Free form or whatever is fine. (Although I should ask Fooly if he'll make his a sestina, but he'll kill me if I do). And your question about what line is a great one. I wondered about that, too, and thought well maybe nobody will ask and then I won't have to answer. :D

Whatever line length or configuration or even if you wanna illustrate, it's all good yknow? I would never stand in the way of poets' rampaging muses. Old Ange knows better than that.

But why should it matter which line it is, right? It doesn't have to be the first line of poem x, it could be the 5th or 11th or whatever-th. Just, yknow, as Yoda would say "Choose wisely." :p

Oh. And you're on your own with Mistress Oatlash. She has to answer the coaching question. ;)

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If you axe me this whole idea is dangerous...

Angeline said:

Oh. And you're on your own with Mistress Oatlash. She has to answer the coaching question. ;)
Last Tuesday Coach Oatlash made me do 100 laps.
I'm starting to get the feeling back in my jaw now.
;)

Back