The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

Of the six stories I've submitted for this, I have two, maybe three that are begging to be longer stories.

Just wondering how many of yours have you itching to go longer?

I had two ready for posting and the second was a fan fiction based on Gilligan's Island, called Mrs. Howells Rendezvous.
After my final read-through, I decided it needed to be much longer and didn't end up submitting it.

Thank you for organizing. Just submitted, but didn't see a word count in the Lit Editor. Do you have to highlight your text in the review screen to get that to display?

Reading the above comments, the hyphenation will likely push me over, but glad for the note that it won't be rejected as Word counts it at 750.

If nothing else, it was a helpful way to end a prolonged submission drought and should be an interesting test of whether my writing style is susceptible to AI screening.

FWIW, I don't use any program outside of Word and never bother to ask for grammar suggestions. I look for the red squiggles for spelling errors, but that's it. If I get rejected, there will be many apologies due and posts to edit.
What's weird is mine was exactly 750 words, as they always are, yet the story page has it as 748. So the Emily one I just did, I let it get to 752. Funny thing is, the three on my other account are 750 and are counted as such on here.

What's weird is mine was exactly 750 words, as they always are, yet the story page has it as 748. So the Emily one I just did, I let it get to 752. Funny thing is, the three on my other account are 750 and are counted as such on here.
Hyphenated words or two words separated by an em dash might be counted differently by different programs.

For my story Kyle's Revenge I deliberately wrote a bad story, with a plot so ridiculous you can't take it seriously. The Incest/Taboo readers don't seem very impressed, and are clearly not fans of absurdist works.

For my story Kyle's Revenge I deliberately wrote a bad story, with a plot so ridiculous you can't take it seriously. The Incest/Taboo readers don't seem very impressed, and are clearly not fans of absurdist works.
Give it time, the first month means little to nothing because the voting will be reactionary. Let the stories age and you'll get a good idea of what the proper score is. All of my stories were in the 4.0 to 4.4 range last year. They eventually crawled up to 4.5+ with one hitting 4.73

Went back to check the draft view and turns out it landed right at 750.

"Crushed it" - Fat Amy.

Poetic. Nice.

I was complaining to someone else about the use of 'ample' to describe breasts. I get what it means, but it implies its opposite.
Thanks. 'implies the opposite' I'm not following that. Generous, but no overly so. As pertaining to breasts, nice full, but not overflowing. Too large to be pert, but not so big as to be buxom.

Let's discuss. I like talking about boobies. 😜

The existence of ample breasts suggests the existence of breasts that aren't big enough, which I'm unconvinced about.

The existence of ample breasts suggests the existence of breasts that aren't big enough, which I'm unconvinced about.
Well, to be fair, it can simply mean large. In the absence of context suggesting otherwise, I would assume that was the intended meaning. But I will try to remember to describe a chesty character's breasts as capacious, in memory of this conversation. :LOL:

Her capacious bosoms resounded, drum-like, as she slapped my face with them. Their hollow booming acted like a drug on my arousal, as I imagined them filling up like warehouses at a dairy factory.

My apologies to the people of Earth.

My third story seems to have achieved its goal, REALLY kicking the LW hornets.

"Pavlov's Dog -- 750 Words"​

"Her needs and routines might get a girl killed."

By this time of the first day, my stories often raise above 2.0. But this one is at 1.95 with 209 votes! (over 2,600 views)

Well, to be fair, it can simply mean large. In the absence of context suggesting otherwise, I would assume that was the intended meaning. But I will try to remember to describe a chesty character's breasts as capacious, in memory of this conversation. :LOL:

Her capacious bosoms resounded, drum-like, as she slapped my face with them. Their hollow booming acted like a drug on my arousal, as I imagined them filling up like warehouses at a dairy factory.

My apologies to the people of Earth.
Her reservoirs were full to capacity, the excess milk sluicing from her swollen spillways.

Back