The 2024 750 Word Story Challenge Support Thread

Today's posting is my second story in the exhib/voy category and again, I'm impressed by the number of readers in that category. My first one, I posted early last November and it's already got more views than a lot of what I published last year in other categories. It's not something I would have expected. Video Fun already has 2200 views and folks seem to like it.

Today's posting is my second story in the exhib/voy category and again, I'm impressed by the number of readers in that category. My first one, I posted early last November and it's already got more views than a lot of what I published last year in other categories. It's not something I would have expected. Video Fun already has 2200 views and folks seem to like it.
E/V is kinda nice. They tolerate other kink (and as it’s me of course there is other kink) and seem kinda rabid maniac-free. And the numbers are pretty good.

Thanks to @Djmac1031 for introducing me to it.

Emily

I have my second, fourth and eighth highest rated stories in E/V.

Emily

E/V is kinda nice. They tolerate other kink (and as it’s me of course there is other kink) and seem kinda rabid maniac-free. And the numbers are pretty good.

Thanks to @Djmac1031 for introducing me to it.

Emily

E/V is a pretty easy going crowd.

All you really need to make them happy are some naked people doing naked things, and other people watching said naked things.

Last edited:
E/V is a pretty easy going crowd.

All yoy really need to make them happy are some naked people doing naked things, and other people watching said naked things.
They put up with me having a school teacher forced to dressed up as a student by her principal and caned, before fucking an actual (redshirted and so 18+) student, while he watched. The principal even got to cum.

Imagine that being a wife and a stranger in LW 🤣.

Emily

Read yours, and enjoyed it.

And it's absolutely the kind of thing the E/V crowd eats up. And you didn't even get her naked. Didn't need to. Just hint at the idea someone might see something they shouldn't.

Mine is doing better than I expected. It seems to have resonated with readers, even being short.

We'll see if the next one has a similar response, though I kind of doubt it. I spaced it out to the 8th.

Mine is doing better than I expected. It seems to have resonated with readers, even being short.

We'll see if the next one has a similar response, though I kind of doubt it. I spaced it out to the 8th.

Mine is doing so well, I fully expect my second one tomorrow to fail miserably 😆

Mine is set to go live tomorrow and I went and submitted the other one about an hour ago.

Kinda interesting math, and I'm sure it's subject to change as the days go on.

But Reunion currently stands at 638 views, and 67 votes.

So I'm basically retaining 10% of readers long enough to actually read and vote on the thing. I'll take those numbers.

Several hours later:
1.2K views
125 rated it.

Again an almost 10% retention of viewers who actually confirned to have read the thing.

That's pretty good numbers I think.

I can't help myself. I few more will appear over the next couple of days.

Several hours later:
1.2K views
125 rated it.

Again an almost 10% retention of viewers who actually confirned to have read the thing.

That's pretty good numbers I think.
Yours is a great story (I gave it a 5). I found that a fascinating view of an afterlife!

But it's in Romance. My Romance category stories never attracted the views.

I'd prefer people READ my stories, which is why I've focused on Loving Wives. My latest 750-word story has over 10K views and 535 votes for rating in less than 24 hours. In LW, it has more votes than others have in views in other categories.

Of course, it's only rated 3.18, ... that's the hit I take and expect in that category. But people read it!

Yours is a great story (I gave it a 5). I found that a fascinating view of an afterlife!

But it's in Romance. My Romance category stories never attracted the views.

I'd prefer people READ my stories, which is why I've focused on Loving Wives. My latest 750-word story has over 10K views and 535 votes for rating in less than 24 hours. In LW, it has more votes than others have in views in other categories.

Of course, it's only rated 3.18, ... that's the hit I take and expect in that category. But people read it!

Romance may be where stories go to die, but Loving Wives is where they go to get murdered.

Romance may be where stories go to die, but Loving Wives is where they go to get murdered.
Oh, I agree.

LW is a battlefield of monogamy-only versus the swinger/sharing mobs, with the M.O./BTB crowd providing the majority of votes.

But, ... when you write a story, ... don't you FEEL like you want to catch someone's attention? Don't you get that feeling like "I think this is IT! They're going to get it this time!"

Sometimes, I'll write a story just to throw it out there. But other times, it's like trying to tweak it to get a point across.

My latest with the 750-word story was just that: "Some of you monogamous-only crowd are living in a fantasy land, oblivious to things in front of you."

Yeah just finished it. In general those types of tales are #notmything , but I did get your not so subtle dig at it 😉
Yeah. I'm not into the secretive/cheating, humiliation, or BTB stories. Those are more manipulative and violent.

So, I try to write the swinger/sharing stories of "sex is just fun and get over your selfishness" stories.

I realized long ago that people are independent of a marriage license, piece of paper contract, and that they as individuals change over time. I try to write about calmly recognizing and dealing with such changes in a spouse.

My latest was just a poke at those who THINK they have a perfect marriage.

Yeah just finished it. In general those types of tales are #notmything , but I did get your not so subtle dig at it 😉
Wait until tomorrow when you read my next one "I'll Handle It - 750 Words". It's about a stay-at-home-wife who handles the household budget. And her husband "UNDERSTANDS "... (Grrrrr).

Back