The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

One cannot please those who cannot be pleased. One mustn't try to do what cannot be done. Mine is slowly losing her shit on paying bills, but she refuses to fix it (because I say to) and she digs in her heels. I remind her, my shit is paid on time, so what's her excuse? She's not winning this one.

Off for the morning walkabout.
Did you have a good Sunday, Wat?😘 Ready to do battle with the unmotivated? 😅😅

We have the Mother Coven. I bust up the Bitch About It Coven dynamics however.

Got in the 10K steps. Last week was the first full 70K week, so there's that.

Fixin' to go shooping (which is still more steps.) We're going to make meatloaf today. Have I shared that recipe yet? It's damned fine.
Please share the meatloaf recipe. I'm still trying to figure out how to cook for one!

Getting there. We had COVID hit (and all of us are high risk) and we had one person end up in the hospital a couple days all during the first couple of weeks of the school year which is always super busy when everyone is a student or works for the schools but we also had two starting at new schools, including one moving in to college. It's been long and stressful and exhausting. But I think we're finally coming through on the other side now
I'm so sorry this happened to you and those you love. I'm glad everyone is getting better now. 🫂🫂

Did you have a good Sunday, Wat?😘 Ready to do battle with the unmotivated? 😅😅

Yes'm, I reckon so. The good coworker will be back, probably a bit disappointed that his vacay is over. I get it.

Happy Monday!!! Slept okay. Coffee refill ahready. Cats are quiet. I think that I have to get gas for the company truck today so I don't have to push it tomorrow.

Well it’s been a good day. Spent a couple of hours at the shooting ground with Jack. I will upload and talk about that in due course. Got home and got the grass cut. Then sorted out my hunting stuff for the geese ready for when that really gets going in two weeks. Seeing some of you talking about boots recently these are my hill boots. Just been cleaned and waxed ready for the week. I alternate pairs when we get wet weeks to dry and rest the leather as they take a hammering on the hill. Made by Brandecosse the oldest are still keeping my feet dry after seven seasons.
Those are some big... boots, G! 👢

It's cooling here.

Meat loaf recipe

1 pound ground chuck (or sirloin or whatever you like)
1 pound mild Italian sausage (or hot, or you could use Jimmy Dean, I reckon)
1 cup fine bread crumbs
2 eggs
⅓ cup whole milk (I usually use half and half instead)
½ cup marinara (I use Newman’s Own - the original recipe called for ketchup - bleh)
5 cloves garlic (I use 3 heaping tablespoons of the minced garlic in a jar)
2.25 t salt (I prefer sea salt - and I go heavy on the salt_
1.5 t black pepper (I go heavy)
2 T Mrs Dash
1 t Italian seasoning
1 T worcestershire sauce
1 T A1
1 T Italian salad dressing (I prefer Newman’s Family Style)
2 T good olive oil (I go a bit heavy)
1 large onion or 2 medium onions
1 green pepper

In a mixing bowl, put bread crumbs, milk and eggs. Chop onion(s), green pepper, and garlic.

Heat oil in a large pan and put in onions, pepper, and garlic. Add half of the salt, pepper, and Dash. Saute until onions are clear and/or softened.

Put all remaining ingredients and half of the marinara in the mixing bowl and mix. When the pan ingredients are ready, add them and mix thoroughly. I use a mixer - it’s easier than stirring with a spoon. When ready, you can shape it on a coffee sheet. I use a loaf pan. Put the remaining marinara on top and cook in a 375 degree over for 75 minutes.
😋 Thanks, Wat! 😘

Yeah I qm the same way... I will make adjustments to my recipe to suit my taste and or budget.... for some reason around here you can't get loose Italian sausage and if you do it is more expensive than links. I get the links and de link them..... it will be just fine
I do the same. In my mind, a recipe is a starting point and, perhaps sometimes, a suggestion. 😅😅

Back