The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

You say National Coffee Day
I say Film Appreciation Day

Just finished a home screening of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

Now wrapping up You Tube clips from the cast talking about the film.

A bit disappointed the sequel, Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League, was never made. But really - could any sequel stand up to the original? :LOL:

Fun times!

Nice....I live cake... yellow cake with chocolate icing is prob my fave but I like spice cake and there is a thing called hoho cake that is pretty yummy
As you know, school cafeterias are plagued with low budgets and federal nutritional requirements, among other things.

Back when I was around 1st grade, our school received a shipment of government surplus sweet potatoes.

The cafeteria staff had to come up with a way to use it in a way that young children would eat it.

The staff were genius. They knew kids wouldn't eat sweet potatoes. Of course they had to play "hide the vegetables". So they came up with a recipe... next, they needed a name. Can't call it "Sweet Potato X".

Thus a new menu item appeared... and was gobbled up by all the little children who were none the wiser.

Cinderella Cake 🍠🍰

As you know, school cafeterias are plagued with low budgets and federal nutritional requirements, among other things.

Back when I was around 1st grade, our school received a shipment of government surplus sweet potatoes.

The cafeteria staff had to come up with a way to use it in a way that young children would eat it.

The staff were genius. They knew kids wouldn't eat sweet potatoes. Of course they had to play "hide the vegetables". So they came up with a recipe... next, they needed a name. Can't call it "Sweet Potato X".

Thus a new menu item appeared... and was gobbled up by all the little children who were none the wiser.

Cinderella Cake 🍠🍰
Fuckin brilliant!!

If it's not too sweet, I can do a bite or two of carrot cake - but I always give away the frosting. Too sweet 😣 :LOL:
I understand. I do enjoy carrot cake, but not a fan at all of cream cheese frosting.

Or butter frosting. Blech!

As for cake: pound cake, crumb cake and COFFEE cake!!

When I was a kid I worked at Rambo’s General Store in my home town. We would get the baked goods (bread, rolls, cakes) and put them out in the display case before school.

and of course I’d steal some of the big ol crumbles of crumb cake off the top. And the boxes always had all kinds of good
Crummy debris in them at the end…

I see. I stayed home all weekend and wallowed in my misery. It was really sad.
hug
I'm sorry you had misery..

I understand. I do enjoy carrot cake, but not a fan at all of cream cheese frosting.

Or butter frosting. Blech!

As for cake: pound cake, crumb cake and COFFEE cake!!

When I was a kid I worked at Rambo’s General Store in my home town. We would get the baked goods (bread, rolls, cakes) and put them out in the display case before school.

and of course I’d steal some of the big ol crumbles of crumb cake off the top. And the boxes always had all kinds of good
Crummy debris in them at the end…
:ROFLMAO: I can picture it.
You'd like the cinnamon coffee cake recipe I came across decades ago... and modified to cinnamon apple coffee cake one morning.

My co-workers loved when I would bring one in... still warm from the oven that morning. 🍏

Optional glaze for those with a real sweet tooth 🦷 :LOL:

So a long day of six hours driving but worth it to see my mum and brother. A good lunch and now I have to start eating my way through cake leftovers. I will be changing my profile and adding ten or twenty pounds to my weight. Just watch this space! 😂
Wow - that’s a long day. I’m guessing you’re not driving back same day.

Hope you enjoy time w mum and bro!

So this is where the cake discussion started…

Back