The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Got grocery shopping today, which I dread because some Lit ladies shop at the same store & they recognize me from earlier posts of my appearance. I don't mind but I wish they would identify themselves...
hate when I run into anyone whose name i can't recall
almost never a great way to say, "What's your name again?"
(especially if it's not the 1st time you've forgotten... not every encounter is unforgettable 🤷‍♀️)
🤗

ETA: wording

Last edited:
I do not like Berlin and the Berliner (the inhabitants). Too large, too loud,, too dirty ... I know that Germans have the reputation to be unfriendly ... but Berliner are even from German perspective very unfriendly.

A famous joke about that is:

A Berliner in Vienna asks an Austrian how to go to the Stephansdom:

"Ey , Männeken, wie komm ick zum Stephansdom?! (Hey, midget,can you show me the way to the Stephansdom?!"

Der Österreicher:
"Hören Sie, könnten Sie etwas freundlicher fragen?" The Austrian: "Please, could you ask a bit more friendly?"

Der Berliner
"Neee, da verloof ick mir lieber!" (Der Berliner: "No, then I prefer to get lost!"
Those dunkoffs! See I know german.😁

I do not like Berlin and the Berliner (the inhabitants). Too large, too loud,, too dirty ... I know that Germans have the reputation to be unfriendly ... but Berliner are even from German perspective very unfriendly.

A famous joke about that is:

A Berliner in Vienna asks an Austrian how to go to the Stephansdom:

"Ey , Männeken, wie komm ick zum Stephansdom?! (Hey, midget,can you show me the way to the Stephansdom?!"

Der Österreicher:
"Hören Sie, könnten Sie etwas freundlicher fragen?" The Austrian: "Please, could you ask a bit more friendly?"

Der Berliner
"Neee, da verloof ick mir lieber!" (Der Berliner: "No, then I prefer to get lost!"

I believe (my mother keeps up with this stuff, not I) that most of my German relatives are in the greater Munich area. My grandfather's grandfather migrated to America to serve in the Union army during the American Civil War. I may make it to visit there one day, but it isn't high on the priority list.

I like your joke - it makes a point, too. I don't know much German. I had a Brazilian subcontract crew working on a job I was supervising, and to a man, they were horrible. There are two languages to speak here on a job, English and Spanish. They were bad at one and worse at the other. I would walk past them some mornings when they looked particularly lazy and would shout at them "achtung, scheisskopfen! Macht schnell!" Of course, they didn't understand what I said, but every other piece of the communication had the desired effect.

The purpose of language is to communicate. You are communicating with a herd of silly Americans very effectively. Welcome to our group. Please, keep coming back!!!

There's a tear in my (not here) beer . . . .
kiss ass

me_you

Back