The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I believe (my mother keeps up with this stuff, not I) that most of my German relatives are in the greater Munich area. My grandfather's grandfather migrated to America to serve in the Union army during the American Civil War. I may make it to visit there one day, but it isn't high on the priority list.

I like your joke - it makes a point, too. I don't know much German. I had a Brazilian subcontract crew working on a job I was supervising, and to a man, they were horrible. There are two languages to speak here on a job, English and Spanish. They were bad at one and worse at the other. I would walk past them some mornings when they looked particularly lazy and would shout at them "achtung, scheisskopfen! Macht schnell!" Of course, they didn't understand what I said, but every other piece of the communication had the desired effect.

The purpose of language is to communicate. You are communicating with a herd of silly Americans very effectively. Welcome to our group. Please, keep coming back!!!
I wish you could use two emojis at once. This gets a love emoji and a laughter emoji.

(BTW, whenever I see the laugh emoji, I think and hear in my head the studio audience laughing at our jokes. )

This thread cracked me the hell up tonight.

Wat and impy trading barbs. Likes2 with timely cracks and wisdom. OM getting her stalk on. Miss k feeling better (wat is obviously feeling better)

Good stuff.

I am in Cincinnati with Johnny fever and Venus flytrap. Hoping that Bailey shows up….

IMG_6299.jpeg

Sleep well... time for me to crash.
Crazy busy day tomorrow.
How about some evening zen?
giphy.gif

Back