The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

That is fine shape. Chrome is still chrome. Paint looks great too!!

It's what we call a 15-footer. From 15', it looks pretty damned good. You get closer and you see the blemishes, and it has some. I can't get one of these long wheelbase cars with a good driver's side front fender. This one is no exception. It has a couple of smaller dents in it. These, however, appear to be manageable.

I'll need to scarf a set of body hammers and dollies.

It's what we call a 15-footer. From 15', it looks pretty damned good. You get closer and you see the blemishes, and it has some. I can't get one of these long wheelbase cars with a good driver's side front fender. This one is no exception. It has a couple of smaller dents in it. These, however, appear to be manageable.

I'll need to scarf a set of body hammers and dollies.
Are you intent on making it perfect and show worthy? If so, yes body hammers and dollys to finesse the smaller ones.

But… (he he, I said but) I like a car with a bit of character. Sometimes those imperfections add a lot of soul to the vehicle.

Case in point. The drivers window on our Torino. Love that spot where drivers arms have met the paint on the door… and the little dents from this that and the other thing.

But I am an imperfectionist.

Are you intent on making it perfect and show worthy? If so, yes body hammers and dollys to finesse the smaller ones.

But… (he he, I said but) I like a car with a bit of character. Sometimes those imperfections add a lot of soul to the vehicle.

Case in point. The drivers window on our Torino. Love that spot where drivers arms have met the paint on the door… and the little dents from this that and the other thing.

But I am an imperfectionist.

No. It's going to be a driver, but it could/can be a somewhat better example of a driver. It's that damned driver's fender. There's a dent over the wheel well which needs attention and there's one under the headlight which also could use some love. Also, whoever painted it when it got messed with last time got some spatter on top of the fender, so it could really use some love overall, a good sanding down, and a repaint.

Sanding would also reveal whether there's any Bondo in it.

No. It's going to be a driver, but it could/can be a somewhat better example of a driver. It's that damned driver's fender. There's a dent over the wheel well which needs attention and there's one under the headlight which also could use some love. Also, whoever painted it when it got messed with last time got some spatter on top of the fender, so it could really use some love overall, a good sanding down, and a repaint.

Sanding would also reveal whether there's any Bondo in it.
Hmmm yeah.

That’s the issue with my Torino restoration and why I drive it the way I do.

If you’re gonna repaint it it’s tough to get a good match, w the rest of the car.

Rust never sleeps.

a5cec29d34ed0379c52a7f37bb200845d16104a9ec5251fc3505e25597728b23_1.jpg

Have you tried Nioxin or Minoxidil? My stylist had me start a Nioxin regimen when I started losing hair after a serious illness. It really helped; my hair grew back. I have baby fine curly hair but I also have a lot of it.

If you decide to try Minoxidil, buy the men's version. It's the same as the one marketed to women but less expensive. No pink tax!
Thank you for mentioning these... I will check them out!

No pink tax!
The Pink Tax along with the Booby Surcharge (when car shopping) incense me to no end!!

My fingers are crossed… 🤞 🤞🤞 toes too (ouch!)
I could hear those toes crack from all the way over here :oops:
OM upon Coming home…

The traffic cones are so you can navigate to the bathroom.

We left your fainting couch outside on the curb.
View attachment 2407696
Uhm, maybe don't drink from the keg... doesn't look like anyone kept it chilled 🤢 nothing like warm, skunked beer to set the day to rights :ROFLMAO:
Damn! It’s on!! 😂
like Donkey Kong??
1728847843737.png
Instigator! My comments will be less because of being at the family's later today.

It's hard enough finding ways to tell them where I met people who text me. I have some I message on a daily basis that I've become friends with. My sister is nosey "Who's this person, do I know them, where'd you meet them?? " Too small of town. Three of them I said I met in my old town in high school but they are all from there. Others I can't explain as easily.
Secret Online Society of (Craziest thing you can conjure)
I have a nosey worry wart family. That's why it's hard to be around them so much. Especially since POS left. They've been questioning everything. I get up and leave when it starts, so they've learned and visits are lasting longer.
Boundaries are a thing of fucking beauty IMO 🤗
I seem to be in a holding pattern.... stress is high right now..... I have a decision to make regarding my job and it is adding to whatever is going on.....ugg
Don't underestimate the damage done by stress!!
I know 3 people from my work who have had 90% of their health issues miraculously resolve within a month of their retirements. (Says a lot about our work culture IMO)
More fall Flowers…

echibekkia among the black eyed Susan.

Chamomile. I guess is the plant they make tea out of…

My favorite fall flowers, the Montauk daisy. And a pollinating friend (apologies to those w bee allergies).
Better an image than one stalking me IRL :oops:
Psst - it's for after the trip... when you collect your luggage from baggage claim and see all the damage
ask me how I know :rolleyes:
My power came on!! Let's see if it stays. 15 minutes and still going though. House is cooling off slowly 😁😁😁
Yay!! 🤞 for you!! Staying in your own place is always preferable to camping out at someone else's at these times.

Shout out to all the workers busting their buns to get power restored for folks. Your hard work is both seen 👀 and appreciated!!! 👏 ❤️

Back