The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Early start to the day. Took care of the shaggy mop that was passing for hair. Finally got in to my stylist for her to clean it up.

Back home for a quick breakfast and some coffee. Raspberries and feta - yum!

Looking a bit overcast. Still a cool 53 right now. That's 11.6 for our friends using Celsius. And the computer now says rain is coming - that's exactly how the skies looked on the drive home.

Indoor chores now. More errands after the rain. May or may not get a nap in today. 🤷‍♀️

Well, time to take the coffee with me and get started. Sooner I get these done, the sooner I can maybe sneak in a nap. :sleep:

Have a good day, everyone
I need to get my hair cut so bad! It's at that awkward length below my ears but above my shoulders. I hate having hair that sits on my neck.

I did get some new product during Amazon's Prime Days last week. I tried it last night after I washed my hair and they are AMAZING! My curls are so defined now!

You ladies will understand the need to try multiple hair products. The guys are likely saying, "Why can't you wash your hair with the soap like I do?" 🤣🤣🤣

For now, RJ, for now.
I will say it's one thing to decide for yourself to chop some off, but a whole different set of feels when it leaves all on its own. 😣

My hair was so thick as a teen that every stylist offered to thin it out a bit (I declined). Had to use a hair pick as brushes and combs couldn't get the job done.

Large ponytail scrunchies used to go around just twice but at the risk of breaking the elastic on the inside.

View attachment 2407454

In my 40s when I cut and donated 3 1/2 feet of hair to charity, that same hair scrunchie went around almost 5 times.

And since I've tipped to "more gray than chocolate", you can see my scalp. (Which means hats for sun protection).

So yes, I do have hair... but only @ 35-40% of what I used to have, so I'm not counting on it sticking around forever. 🤷‍♀️
Have you tried Nioxin or Minoxidil? My stylist had me start a Nioxin regimen when I started losing hair after a serious illness. It really helped; my hair grew back. I have baby fine curly hair but I also have a lot of it.

If you decide to try Minoxidil, buy the men's version. It's the same as the one marketed to women but less expensive. No pink tax!

You and my dad :rolleyes:
I don't mind it. Suits me.
But I do still miss my loooooong hair some days. :LOL:
I understand that. My hair was nearly waist long when I retired. I had it cut a month later after I broke my arm. My husband had to help me shampoo and comb my hair. It was traumatic for both of us. I also surrendered to the grey at the same time. Now, I love my short, curly, grey hair!

Well, that nap wore off pretty quick
Sweet dreams everyone... I'm off to bed
giphy.gif
Sleep well, L2! 😴💤💕

I need to get my hair cut so bad! It's at that awkward length below my ears but above my shoulders. I hate having hair that sits on my neck.

I did get some new product during Amazon's Prime Days last week. I tried it last night after I washed my hair and they are AMAZING! My curls are so defined now!

You ladies will understand the need to try multiple hair products. The guys are likely saying, "Why can't you wash your hair with the soap like I do?" 🤣🤣🤣
Errr Yes, I am!

Heading out of Florida today. Sorry Impy about the food loss🥲. My mother lost a lot of food out of her freezer one year but joked it needed to be cleaned out anyway! Hopefully you get full power back soon. Back to normal ops for today. Some good college football games last night!

Everyone have a great Sunday! The MZ..

IMG_0066.jpeg

Got almost every chore done on my list.
There's always more, but the stuff I really wanted to get done is done. Phew!

Leaves a few light things for tomorrow or just a lazy day of reading and coffee (decaf). Hmmm, decisions, decisions :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Sounds like a really productive day. And now you can read and nap and have decaf tomorrow!!

As John Lennon said, “wasting time is not wasted time.”

Still no power. My family just got theirs back. Looks like I'll be at their house tomorrow night. Threw all my fridge food out today. Doing good other than the heat 😁
Oh man. Ice is probably impossible to come by too to keep food spoilage at bay. 🙁

Fingers crossed that your back on the grid soon. I saw there’s still a million wo power.

My fingers are crossed… 🤞 🤞🤞 toes too (ouch!)

Reminds me of that peanuts character.

“everyone’s jealous of my naturally curly hair… “

IMG_6471.jpeg

Have you tried Nioxin or Minoxidil? My stylist had me start a Nioxin regimen when I started losing hair after a serious illness. It really helped; my hair grew back. I have baby fine curly hair but I also have a lot of it.

If you decide to try Minoxidil, buy the men's version. It's the same as the one marketed to women but less expensive. No pink tax!
If you try to spell my last name (at least back in the day) the spell check would suggest (or sometimes just change it) to rogaine.

Which was one of those kinds of products. It was especially fitting since I had the monk look at the time. 😂

Back