The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

I'm REALLY good at car shopping! I learned to haggle in Italy at the markets! Car salespersons don't know what to do with me! 🤣🤣

This guy was/is a lousy car salesperson and willingly tossed himself under the bus. He started low-ish, dropped the price, and then slashed it when he felt he had a guy (me) "on the hook." He hooked himself. I would have bought the one like it I saw for sale 2 years ago for twice the money but lost out to the flippers whom I refused to deal with. This guy negotiated me down to half of what that car was, and this one at least has had the front seat reupholstered. That one had Mexican Blanket front seat fabric.

I'd be willing to refinish the interior on this one when it's up to snuff mechanically.

It's now 0200 and this girl is tired! My friend and I had a fun day at the Water Lantern Festival. I brought my little dog who got LOTS of attention and some pepperoni! She REALLY likes pepperoni!

It was a magical experience seeing all the water lanterns floating on the lake under the moon! Before anyone gets upset about environmental issues, the venue clears all the lanterns from the lake and recycles the materials.

IMG_20241013_215151.jpg

This guy was/is a lousy car salesperson and willingly tossed himself under the bus. He started low-ish, dropped the price, and then slashed it when he felt he had a guy (me) "on the hook." He hooked himself. I would have bought the one like it I saw for sale 2 years ago for twice the money but lost out to the flippers whom I refused to deal with. This guy negotiated me down to half of what that car was, and this one at least has had the front seat reupholstered. That one had Mexican Blanket front seat fabric.

I'd be willing to refinish the interior on this one when it's up to snuff mechanically.
I'm really glad you got a good deal, Wat! 😘🥰

I'm really glad you got a good deal, Wat! 😘🥰

I did get a chance to get over on that flipper fellow, too. He did lose money on that previous car, and he paid too much for an engine that I was circling and trying to bring down to earth. He got my number and offered to sell me the engine block and contents for really cheap. He was selling tha accessories for more than they were worth. I got the block for a couple hundred, and the lifters in it are made of Unobtainium, so it's worth about 3 times what I gave him for it.

He told me he couldn't accept my low-ball offer for the accessories. I told him that his heirs would be wishing that he had accepted, and that's today is always a good day not to overpay for Packard parts.

Wat, why are you so mean??!?

I have a pic but it keeps saying it’s too large to post. Any suggestions on how to post?
B2, are you using an iPad? My new iPad doesn’t give me the option to size the pics anymore. 😡. The only work around I’ve found is to crop them manually. Which takes away from the aesthetic sometimes. If I figure it out, I’ll pass along but as of now I haven’t found a way with this new update.

Heading up North today. Am I hearing I need to unpack my sweater? The MZ…

*B2…I had to use Imagur today for this pic. No matter how many times I cropped it, the file wasn’t accepted. I talked to a Mod about a year ago, and he said they were cracking down on “picture threads” so it may be this sight and not our equipment…although this new update doesn’t give me the option, so it’s probably a combo of both.

Last edited:
I have a pic but it keeps saying it’s too large to post. Any suggestions on how to post?
I use a tablet and open it in paint and then resize it, or I use google docs and copy the photo in and then copy it again to post in threads and it works for me. It does not work on my phone though. I did find texting it to myself and saving it worked on my phone.

AD_4nXfJeT47gJAcg5EuWZpnoetB5F2Y-Q_rdpxQUcfwWsvILJ_P_O2Fr7M8ksyTwTmcQ_M0yNGWTG3IGerJlgqLZbLypdO_3SO1lInsvGOnqBpGlrMRMtA-E1qkYMQBFybbT6CNhPx5rviV9xJTuKKJvQ259KN2

B2, are you using an iPad? My new iPad doesn’t give me the option to size the pics anymore. 😡. The only work around I’ve found is to crop them manually. Which takes away from the aesthetic sometimes. If I figure it out, I’ll pass along but as of now I haven’t found a way with this new update.

Heading up North today. Am I hearing I need to unpack my sweater? The MZ…

Yes I am using iPad

No need to apologize, W! I just tell the ladies there's room for all of us and let them get on with their work! 🐝
Usually they’re really cool and just doing their job. (Wat’s worker bees???)

It’s really the fucking wasps, hornets and yellow jackets. In fact, Susie got stung by a wasp on Saturday. ☹️ it was in the blanket She was using to cover a bunch of seeds for next year..

Attachments

• IMG_6506.jpeg
    IMG_6506.jpeg
    498.2 KB · Views: 3
Back