The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

Have a good day. Off to do grandpa taxi duty. I will work on photo editing.
I do sometimes get screen captures off of my phone. I can post them if they are small enough files, but it always doesn’t work.

For large files and photos, I take myself, I use Imgur. But it’s a bit of a pain.

They are cracking down on all kinds of stuff. I used to be able to post stuff with Dropbox and Google Drive too, but no more. I guess people were abusing it.

I did get a chance to get over on that flipper fellow, too. He did lose money on that previous car, and he paid too much for an engine that I was circling and trying to bring down to earth. He got my number and offered to sell me the engine block and contents for really cheap. He was selling tha accessories for more than they were worth. I got the block for a couple hundred, and the lifters in it are made of Unobtainium, so it's worth about 3 times what I gave him for it.

He told me he couldn't accept my low-ball offer for the accessories. I told him that his heirs would be wishing that he had accepted, and that's today is always a good day not to overpay for Packard parts.

Wat, why are you so mean??!?
Not mean.....SMART

Ok coffee has taken hold. I live in Kentucky. It's honestly not so bad - even if the weather changes every 10 minutes. Of course everywhere is more tolerable after coffee.
It does tend to help!!

I was at Fort Knox when I went through basic in advanced training.

And when I go to Cincinnati, I always fly into Covington airport.

I like Kentucky. Especially the whiskey.

I have a pic but it keeps saying it’s too large to post. Any suggestions on how to post?
Open with Paint and Resize... I usually start with 50% then Save As under a new name and see how that works. If still too large then I go down about 10% more between saves until it will upload.
Probably higher tech or easier ways to do it 🤷‍♀️
Good luck!

It’s really the fucking wasps, hornets and yellow jackets. In fact, Susie got stung by a wasp on Saturday. ☹️ it was in the blanket She was using to cover a bunch of seeds for next year..
Asshole with Wings is apropos!!

How's Susie doing? Wasps are especially heinous in that they don't lose their stinger and can nail you more than once. :mad:

Hi all.... I am on working with the weasels too.....is there something worse than a weasel?

Skunk?
Reptile?
One of them poisonous spiders?
Hmmm..........
Was trying to find a meme or video or something online along these lines... came across this image from the 1950s from a posting about weasels from the National Park Service
(NPS Species Spotlight: Short-tailed Weasel)
1728921220747.png

So both a fail and a win??? IDK - so confused
I blame weasels!

A very rare metal indeed!

I have never heard that term before, but it shall now be part of my lexicon!

Oooooh. Droppin ¢10 words on a Monday morning…
I stole the term from the movie Avatar. It is part of my lexicon as well.

Especially as it relates to old car pieces.
Would you like to know more.jpg
Unobtainium is not a real element, but it is a real word!

Since the 1950s, engineers and scientists have used the word to describe the perfect material to solve a particular engineering problem—except that it doesn’t exist! It comes from the word “unobtainable,” which means something that can't be found or acquired—something we can't get.

Over the years the meaning of unobtainium has been expanded to describe real elements on Earth that are very rare and expensive (although they do exist), many of which are used in electronics.
Source: Children's Museum: Unobtainium isn't real - Or is it?
> <
o o

Sticks my head out .....nope.
Ok coffee has taken hold. I live in Kentucky. It's honestly not so bad - even if the weather changes every 10 minutes. Of course everywhere is more tolerable after coffee.
I am cold and I hate being cold
As long as my toes are warm, I can get the rest of myself warmed up, too.
Saved you both a seat here in the corner by the space heater.

Back