The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

So.. I love dogs! and Hummingbirds but they are gone now...picture below is a Hummingbird

Anyone an *expert* on keeping Squirrels off wild bird feeders????? (without harming them of course!)

I am trying again with a new 'squirrel' proof feeder :LOL: but as I work I can't stand guard all day to shoo them off...we'll see

View attachment 2408718
My dad tried vaseline back when I was growing up. I don't recall its effectiveness, but sure it was hilarious to watch???

ETA: Here's a couple articles with some tips - likely more up-to-date than the 40+ year old methods of a simple daddy :ROFLMAO:

How to Successfully Squirrel-Proof Your Bird Feeders

How to Keep Squirrels Out of Bird Feeder: 13 Proven Tips & Tricks

Last edited:
My dad tried vaseline back when I was growing up. I don't recall its effectiveness, but sure it was hilarious to watch???

ETA: Here's a couple articles with some tips - likely more up-to-date than the 40+ year old methods of a simple daddy :ROFLMAO:

How to Successfully Squirrel-Proof Your Bird Feeders

How to Keep Squirrels Out of Bird Feeder: 13 Proven Tips & Tricks
I will say... there is some first class entertainment out there when searching "squirrel proofed bird feeders"

May I present Exhibit #1:

So.. I love dogs! and Hummingbirds but they are gone now...picture below is a Hummingbird

Anyone an *expert* on keeping Squirrels off wild bird feeders????? (without harming them of course!)

I am trying again with a new 'squirrel' proof feeder :LOL: but as I work I can't stand guard all day to shoo them off...we'll see

View attachment 2408718
I have never seen a bird like that :D

I see it’s been a while since I posted. Life just seems to fly by. Yesterday was a quiet day really. I just got a little paperwork done before an hour or so dog training then back to cut the grass and cut back the old raspberry canes before tying in the new ones. Then it was lunch and out with the management for a couple of hours walking. Eventually I got to settle, watch a little soccer and speak to the family.

Today was the usual 5.00 am start then out on the hill with the dogs. It was a beautiful day with good guns who could shoot for a change. It started cold at -2 and clearing the windscreen, then in the sun it lifted to about 14 so it was a case of shedding clothes as the day went on.

I will finish the day on the computer prepping for a day at the desk and meetings!
That is cold! When I was in weather that cold, I don't remember it. I was too young

Back