The 50 Plus Cafe, Pub, All-Nite Greasy Spoon and Dive Bar

My computer turned blue with error message and all work i completed yesterday is gone from an excell database I was working on...piece of shit
Oh, no! The blue screen of death!

I've been afraid my old (10 years!) laptop was going to die on me. A friend of mine owns a computer consulting business; he helped me evaluate choices. I ended up getting a $300 PINK laptop with his blessing on Prime day this month. I just started setting it up yesterday. I still have to connect it to my docking station in my office. In order to do that, I have to figure out what all the cables behind my monitors connect to. 🙄 I think it may be tomorrow's job.

Oh, no! The blue screen of death!

I've been afraid my old (10 years!) laptop was going to die on me. A friend of mine owns a computer consulting business; he helped me evaluate choices. I ended up getting a $300 PINK laptop with his blessing on Prime day this month. I just started setting it up yesterday. I still have to connect it to my docking station in my office. In order to do that, I have to figure out what all the cables behind my monitors connect to. 🙄 I think it may be tomorrow's job.
Got my 🤞 for you!
My time will come @ 🦃 day.
Both home PC and cell are ancient in technology years :rolleyes:
Gonna be an expensive holiday season for me, but very needed. Apps have been dropping like flies off my phone the last few weeks

And, it's past my bedtime (again)
Sweet Dreams all
time for me to boogie to bed
giphy.gif

There's a recipe right below the surface . . . .
As promised, here's the recipe I use for my biscuits. I've adapted it from my (very old) Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.

Biscuits
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 tbsp sugar
1 stick cold unsalted butter (I freeze mine)
2/3+ cup milk (I use half-n-half)

Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. Preheat oven to 450°.

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.

Shred the cold butter into the bowl. (I use a salad shooter for this.) Lightly mix in with a fork.

Add milk and stir quickly just to mix. If it seems your dough is too dry, you can add a small amount of milk.

Turn out the dough onto a floured surface. I use my granite countertop. The coldness of the granite keeps the butter from melting. Knead lightly by turning the dough over on itself about 3 to 4 times. This laminates your dough and makes the biscuits flaky.

Pat out to about 1/2 inch thick. Using a cutter, press straight down into your dough without twisting. If you don't have a biscuit cutter, a clean tin can will do. Make sure you have opened both ends of the can.

I use a bench scraper to lift the cut biscuits onto the baking pan. I then use the bench scraper to gently gather the bits of leftover dough into a ball. Repeat the process until all the dough is cut into biscuits. Do not work the dough too much.

Bake at 450° for 10 - 12 minutes. You can add cream or butter to the tops of the biscuits before baking if you like. I generally don't.

Resist the urge to look at your biscuits while they're baking. Opening the oven door can cause them to deflate.

When the biscuits are done baking, eat them hot with good quality butter and local raw honey! 😋 They're also good with jam.

The biscuits can be reheated in a very hot oven for a few minutes if you have any left over.

Got my 🤞 for you!
My time will come @ 🦃 day.
Both home PC and cell are ancient in technology years :rolleyes:
Gonna be an expensive holiday season for me, but very needed. Apps have been dropping like flies off my phone the last few weeks
I've been looking at laptops for a couple of years. I just didn't want to go through setting up a new computer. This setup was relatively painless. Microsoft transferred all my apps from my existing laptop to the new one. I did back up my important files, photos, music, and bookmarks onto an external hard drive first.

I have a relatively recent (2022) phone, but I've been lusting after the Samsung S24 Ultra. I have the S22 Ultra which is a great phone. I just want the improved camera that comes with the 24. (200 X zoom!) Mine has 100X which takes some pretty damn impressive pics!

20241018_003620.jpg

Here I am BEFORE 2200 PDT all caught up! Those of you on the East coast are likely sleeping now. Those of us on the Left Coast are just getting started! 🤣🤣

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!

BTW - @Wat_Tyler, we're looking for an update from you! Don't forget to check in! 😘🥰

Get sassy, everyone! 😆✨💖

20221229_160322.jpg

I’ve got a lot on, I could use a hug, but I’m kind of touch adverse and there’s no one I want to hug right now.

Back