The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

I worked as a cleaner in a high school before enlisting so I had my "Seven Level" in buffer operation. The only person allowed to wear shoes during a "White Tornado" was the buffer operator, everyone else in wool socks.

We had a salt tablet dispenser and I showed the guys how to carefully crush a salt tablet on a scuff mark and grind it out with your heel to get the scuff mark out before the buffer got there. I carried a spray bottle of wax to shoot problem areas as I came along. When I was done I did a once over with the buffer on a wool blanket to bring up that "New Car Shine" The squads up on the second floor never figured it outl
“What did you do in the war, Daddy?”

It all comes down to the same basics in the end, doesn’t it?

“What did you do in the war, Daddy?”

It all comes down to the same basics in the end, doesn’t it?
Not really

"What did you do in the war, Daddy?"

"I loaded two dozen thermo-nuclear warheads on an intercontinental bomber at forty degrees below zero and did it over and over... Now why is it that couldn't you finish shoveling the driveway?"

I can be merciless.

The Writer's on Writing episode I listened to today was with Joyce Maynard. She's a well-known author, and about my (and Candy_Kane's) age. Of the several interviews I've listened to, most were interesting, but Ms. Maynard's was the only one that I'd call entertaining. She has a lot to say, and I recommend listening.

LBJ is said to have remarked about Hubert Humphrey, “It’s better to have Hubie inside the tent pissing out than him outside the tent pissing in.” Let the LW denizens fester in LW; give them no hint that there are other places to pollute, let alone give them a motive.

Loving Wives is filled with several types of haters. Not all are INCEs, not all are women haters, not all are Bible thumpers, and those I've just mentioned aren't the sum total of the haters. I've been a bear poker at times in my life, but I'm just going to leave the LW category to itself and not pester that particular cat of a different breed a'tall!

Loving Wives is filled with several types of haters. Not all are INCEs, not all are women haters, not all are Bible thumpers, and those I've just mentioned aren't the sum total of the haters. I've been a bear poker at times in my life, but I'm just going to leave the LW category to itself and not pester that particular cat of a different breed a'tall!
My story got panned because it wasn't disgusting enough. A wife and husband play pickup games on a sunny afternoon. Maybe if I had the husband toss her to a drunken rugby team?

My story got panned because it wasn't disgusting enough. A wife and husband play pickup games on a sunny afternoon. Maybe if I had the husband toss her to a drunken rugby team?
Of course, had it been more disgusting, it would have been equally disparaged by an entirely different clique. 🤨

Man marries woman. Wife sees another man, wife fucks the other man. Man kills wife. Other man asked, why'd you do that? man answers other man, "Because you are bigger than me and would kick my ass if I tried to hurt you." The other man kills the first man. Everyone is angry.
Of course, had it been more disgusting, it would have been equally disparaged by an entirely different clique. 🤨

Be careful Millie; you might end up hoisted on your own petard! (English translation: blown up by your own blasting cap. Ms. Dynamite.)

Last edited:
Be careful Millie; you might end up hoisted on your own petard! (English translation: blown up buy your own blasting cap. Ms. Dynamite.)
Mornin' from Oz Tio. One or two folks here were beginning to wonder whether you had gone 'walkabout.'

I'm thinking we need an in/out board, so if anyone plans some extended time away, people will know.

Back