The AH Coffee Shop and Reading Room 09

Lucky you. We take a week here, a weekend here and there, another week later, and cap it off at the end of the year with Christmas Eve to January (sometime during the first week of the year).
Let me mark my vacation on the board
View attachment 2380604
I'll be in North Dakota so there's probably no way on earth to reach me. You can try smoke signals but they'll probably freeze and fall out of the sky when they get past Fargo.

Let me mark my vacation on the board
View attachment 2380604
I'll be in North Dakota so there's probably no way on earth to reach me. You can try smoke signals but they'll probably freeze and fall out of the sky when they get past Fargo.
First Prize: Two fun-filled, exciting, jam-packed weeks in Fargo!

Second Prize: Three fun-filled, exciting, jam-packed weeks in Fargo!

Have fun, Mr D. Don’t do anything too wild.

Just back from Puget Sound; likely up North in a few days for a few more days (24th - 28th).

I rolled up my grub in my blanket,
I left all my tools on the ground,
I started one morning to shank it,
For the country they call Puget Sound,
For the country they call Puget Sound.

No longer a slave of ambition,
I laugh at the world and its shams,
And I think of my happy condition,
Surrounded by Acres of Clams,
Surrounded by Acres of Clams.

Last edited:
Just back from Puget Sound; likely up North in a few days for a few more days (24th - 28th).

I rolled up my grub in my blanket,
I left all my tools on the ground,

No longer a slave of ambition,
I laugh at the world and its shams,

Morning all! Friday here, but we'll keep the frying to Sunday.

Our local butcher has restarted his smoker, so thick slabs of bacon will be fried, along with some fresh eggs kindly donated by a friend's flock of chooks.

Meanwhile - coffee or tea?

That sounds incredible Russ - With the bacon and eggs it's always coffee - thick enough to float a horseshoe and black enough to cause an eclipse
Tea is for toast... or possibly a scone. Unless you have green tea, that pairs well with lawn clippings... wait... it is lawn clippings.

I treated y'all to some local piñon coffee. You can tell by that well-rounded, buttery taste.

Awakened an hour ago by a lightning strike maybe 15 or 20m away. No damage, but I don’t do explosions as well was I once did. So, I’m up and might as well put a fresh pot on.

I wonder if there’s any of Tex’s special coffee supplement on the top shelf?

Just sitting over in the corner, sipping my Earl Grey as I work on my next story. So far, so good ...

Well, gang, I guess we are going to the parental unit's place later today. Jo wants to work on the back of Mum & Pops place, cutting the thorny raspberry bushes out and killing all the weeds. This isn't really Dad's yard, but the city strip the city doesn't take care of. They live on the edge of the city, so there's a horse farm behind them. I don't know if it is within city limits or not. But Dad likes watching the horses in the morning while he has his coffee, and if she gets rid of the brush, he'll have a better view. I picked my mate well. She is literally part of my family, if she asked Pops and Mum would adopt her as well. I'm just chit-chatting here with y'all until she gets back from letting a customer take his newly refurbed muscle car home.

Edit: Donnie is having his milk in a coffee mug because he wants to drink like mommy.

My maternal grandmother grew red and black raspberries, and by the time we visited every summer she had already picked what she wanted for jams and jellies, and I got free run of the berry patch. I loved them, and when we moved to the Black Hills I took to looking for them. There were a lot, but they were very often growing with poison ivy.

Raspberries, plums, strawberries, thimbleberry's, gooseberries, blueberries and another dark, oval berry I never knew the name of were all common in places -- especially where the forest had burned off a few decades earlier. Some days you could walk all day and never get hungry because there was fruit everywhere.

Back