The Isolated Blurt Thread XXXVII: You're Welcome, Fuckers

Damn:

I hope you get a good resolution
to the issues.

That last part about “Confusion and horny and teary” is eerily similar to what my girl went through.

I felt such profound happiness and relief when all her issues were finally resolved and her mind, body, and spirit were in harmony once again. I can only imagine how much relief she felt. I expect you and your missus will experience that profound happiness and relief once your issues are resolved.

Sending you both all the positive energy I can muster.

👍

Thanks, Laz. I’m feeling better about the whole thing today. I had my blood test yesterday. They took a few vials. I asked the girl if she was going to leave ME any and she laughed. Oh, and I asked her about drinking beer the night before a blood test. She said if I drank a lot like every day it will probably show up on the liver results, but otherwise it would’ve been fine.

Hey Laz. When they take my ovary and my legs get super hairy will you still be my friend on the board? Or will I go straight to ignore? 😂😂😂

I’m a little cunt, I know LOL mwah thank you

I disassociated pretty hard for a significant portion of my life, I’m all mentally better now but the scar tissue left by the tumor and surgeries are an on-going battle.

I was very lucky that I had the Mayo Clinic and the University of Minnesota take an interest in my case. They tried a lot of options to try to help me. The infusions were the best choice and I started to feel so much better once those started. Anemia is such a nasty battle, especially when supplements don’t help! I still exclusively cook in iron skillets but that’s due to having southern US parents and less about the anemia. But truly, that will probably be the best way to make you feel better, getting the anemia under control.

I think you were really brave. Especially at that age. You did what you had to do to make it through. And look now. Kids and happy. A great career. And you deserve it. Cheers for the infusion advice. I know my sister has had one. She had bad anaemia while she was pregnant. They kept her in hospital for months. Baby was perfect though. He’s a carpenter now.

Last edited:
Not a postcard day, here. It was a wet day on the golf course with temps in the mid 50's (°F). When the showers came through, they were cold, but otherwise, an okay day not to be in the office. No bears! Did see a couple of moose. Didn't hit anyone with a golf ball. Lunch was good. Of course, now it's clearing up to be a beautiful day, tomorrow.

Isn't that normal for islands in the south Pacific? I've never been, but just have dreams.

It’s not normal on my island of Australia, no LOL

Isn’t it stunning. Imagine surfing there. I’d never get out of the water.

Fuuuuck. The bridge and lower body of my Ibanez lifted right off. Into the fucking bin. I should’ve tuned it down before I put it away, dumb arse. Bugger.

Fuuuuck. The bridge and lower body of my Ibanez lifted right off. Into the fucking bin. I should’ve tuned it down before I put it away, dumb arse. Bugger.
Good news, I've been repairing and restoring old guitars for many, many years! I don't know why I said that, sounds like you had a catastrophic failure. But, if you have any questions, let me know. I'll do my best to give you any knowledge, or solutions, I've amassed over the years.

I have some thoughts on what happened, but with out further details I can't know for sure. Detuning isn't always a fix for problems. Depending on the age and conditions it's kept in, it may have been a forgone conclusion. If you have any interest in discussing it, let me know.

You know where to find me.
:)

Thanks. No, it is most definitely fucked. Unfortunately, it’d be cheaper to buy a new one. It was a 12-string electric acoustic, one of many I have owned, and I’m 100% certain it should have been tuned down before storing. Shame. She was a beauty.

Wrapped the pork butt in the kamado. There will be pulled pork for dinner tonight.

59°F outside with 5 - 10 mph of a breeze. Weather is perfect.

H went to bed before me last night as I caught up on some Olympics&pre-Olympic footage

gymnastics, diving, synchronised diving, equestrian... :cool:

wtf is with the USA women synchro diving costumes? all their arses were literally exposed. I am not complaining about the well-honed, beautiful female bodies but seriously, it looked kinda bad compared to all the other dive teams. btw: congratulations on the Silver medal!

H went to bed before me last night as I caught up on some Olympics&pre-Olympic footage

gymnastics, diving, synchronised diving, equestrian... :cool:

wtf is with the USA women synchro diving costumes? all their arses were literally exposed. I am not complaining about the well-honed, beautiful female bodies but seriously, it looked kinda bad compared to all the other dive teams. btw: congratulations on the Silver medal!
They do that because of all the 'butt' people who looooooooooooove hiney :nana:

Wrapped the pork butt in the kamado. There will be pulled pork for dinner tonight.

59°F outside with 5 - 10 mph of a breeze. Weather is perfect.
The pork butt is at 203°F and is wrapped in foil and a towel in the cooler for at least an hour to rest a bit.

I tried to watch a teen romance. It was too much high school. I wondered if they would start writing Hurt Feelings Reports. No more of that teen shit.

The pork butt is at 203°F and is wrapped in foil and a towel in the cooler for at least an hour to rest a bit.
after i got up at 8 this morning, i returned to bed not long after... wrapped my butt in a sheet and, under the fan, gave it another coupla hours to rest. *nods*

soooo... our small 3 year-old cat surprised us with a single kitten, small like herself and was a pale ginger stripe. Today he's looking much paler as longer white hairs grow through. He's missing one of his back 'big toes' so we're calling him Digit.

soooo... our small 3 year-old cat surprised us with a single kitten, small like herself and was a pale ginger stripe. Today he's looking much paler as longer white hairs grow through. He's missing one of his back 'big toes' so we're calling him Digit.
Awwwwww :D

Back