like forgotten ribbons from hair,
line the black bird's nest.

Little men stuffed under pillows,
gone in the morning,
some more valuable than others.

Little men in back of speeding buses,
peer through dirty windows,
waving goodbye.

Paperdolls, tooth fairies and sadness of parting. This poem is very private. If you listen carefully while reading it out loud to yourself, you might hear the haunting sound of the tin whistle in the distance. Go vote!

Mowing Diaries II

by smithpeter

While cutting I ponder
who was the physician
that crafted my circumcision,
an artist inspired
to be sure

This is just one stanza of a poem that is tender. Check out the first stanza, it is a gem. And don't forget to vote.

Sweetwood

:p

Thanks for the mention. Though, it's getting a bad score, so far. I don't think anyone sees the humor in this. It's called disposing of little men. My husband is short, and I was telling him a few days ago that little men could be easily disposed of. I was joking, of course. :D But it struck me as funny. lol Just picture these little men being left at the bus station by their wives. The little men are blissfully ignorant as they wave goodbye... forever. (I have a twisted sense of humor. :rolleyes: )

I find a real good one and it doesn't allow voting!

A poem of love overcoming the effects of. . . Give it a read.

Rejecting Ruben by SA Storm ©

She gazes into the mirror
attempting to readjust gravity.
I compliment her figure in earnest sincerity,
my comment is followed by her raising an eyebrow
skeptical of reflected fact, she turns instead toward fiction
creating an image that she sees in her minds mirror.

This is a very nice work. Just ignore the few typos.

WickedEve said:
Thanks for the mention. Though, it's getting a bad score, so far. I don't think anyone sees the humor in this. It's called disposing of little men. My husband is short, and I was telling him a few days ago that little men could be easily disposed of. I was joking, of course. :D But it struck me as funny. lol Just picture these little men being left at the bus station by their wives. The little men are blissfully ignorant as they wave goodbye... forever. (I have a twisted sense of humor. :rolleyes: )

Eve, I loved the poem. I also like little men, they're easy to manuever. :)

Cammy

I like tall women, they're fun to climb.
Give me a gal six feet or above
Sky scraper, gal it's time for love

Legs for miles, thighs for days
My tongue measuring inseams
Damn! only in my dreams

Funny or is it?

Wicked Eve wrote

Thanks for the mention. Though, it's getting a bad score, so far. I don't think anyone sees the humor in this. It's called disposing of little men. My husband is short, and I was telling him a few days ago that little men could be easily disposed of. I was joking, of course. But it struck me as funny. lol Just picture these little men being left at the bus station by their wives. The little men are blissfully ignorant as they wave goodbye... forever. (I have a twisted sense of humor. )

They are easily disposed of. They get lost in the field like a paperdoll, to be used as nest building material, they get tucked under the pillow in the hopes that the tooth fairy takes them away, and finally they wave blissfully ignorant through that dirty window of the bus, never to know that whomever they wave to will not come back. Why? Because they are little (not short necessarily). And all the while the tin whistle blows it's haunting tune in the background.

They are sometimes funny, sometimes pathetic, and often, almost always, very sad to behold. Aren't they?

Love you Eve.

Sweetwood :p

Camille said:

Eve, I loved the poem. I also like little men, they're easy to manuever. :)

Cammy
Cam, I haven't seen you in ages. Where have you been hiding?

Re: Funny or is it?

Sweetwood said:
Wicked Eve wrote

They are easily disposed of. They get lost in the field like a paperdoll, to be used as nest building material, they get tucked under the pillow in the hopes that the tooth fairy takes them away, and finally they wave blissfully ignorant through that dirty window of the bus, never to know that whomever they wave to will not come back. Why? Because they are little (not short necessarily). And all the while the tin whistle blows it's haunting tune in the background.

They are sometimes funny, sometimes pathetic, and often, almost always, very sad to behold. Aren't they?

Love you Eve.

Sweetwood :p
You're right about the "little" not necessarily being about height. Some men (and women) can be small in many ways.

Love to you and the sweetwife. :)

Thank you, Sweetwood.

It's especially nice to be paired all alone with W.E.
Did she pay you to do that?
:eek:

karmadog said:

Damn! only in my dreams
Keep dreaming big, karmadog! lol

Legs for miles and other gourmet body parts

Karmadog poetrized:

Damn! only in my dreams

I'm six foot six, she's five foot three, but measuring the inseams with the tongue is the favorite pasttime of the discerning poet.

And who said it isn't fun to climb a two story brownstone.

At least you can sit on them and they can't move, if you have to.

Sweetwood

:p

Payment for services rendered

Smithpeter suggested:

It's especially nice to be paired all alone with W.E. Did she pay you to do that?

She drove a hard bargain. It was a round of exhausting negotiations and in the end she agreed she would use my name in at least one of her next poems. I have an inkling it will be painful!

Sweetshylock:p

Re: Thank you, Sweetwood.

smithpeter said:
It's especially nice to be paired all alone with W.E.
Did she pay you to do that?
:eek:
Oh smithpeter, do you think I'd actually pay to be alone with a man?

You're right W.E. Paying to be with someone is most often a guy thing. But hey! It's a new age!
How about 50/50?

smithpeter said:
You're right W.E. Paying to be with someone is most often a guy thing. But hey! It's a new age!
How about 50/50?
50/50? No. :D

WickedEve said:

Cam, I haven't seen you in ages. Where have you been hiding?

I haven't been hiding just busy. Now I'm on a poor gal’s vacation. Stay home and read a lot, too much drinking, too little sex. No wait that's what I do when I'm not on vacation!:eek:

Today's morning enjoyment

Wicked Eve's Sue Ling Terzanelle is a solid effort. While the meter is somewhat choppy, the imagery invoked is superb. Lovely choices of words.

Sue Ling

This is an interesting piece by poetboy824. It is quite sparse which makes it mysterious. It would gain from less explicit imagery in some cases. Good read with portwine and candles.

The poem was their lover

Nakedangelina's sad musings over a lost love. I especially like "You are peeling away from me".

disconnect

Have a good day everyone

Sweetwood:p

Re: Today's morning enjoyment

Sweetwood said:
Nakedangelina's sad musings over a lost love. I especially like "You are peeling away from me".

disconnect

Have a good day everyone

Sweetwood:p [/B]

Thanks, SW. I appreciate the mention.
:)

hi. :)

i'm still very new to this an actually feel a bit intimidated being surrounded by so many talented writers.

some of my work is posted and one story is pending.

thanks for taking a moment to read this.
:)

Re: Re: Re: New - 05-27-02

JUDO said:

Hey SS!

Thanks for the first post! We're honored to have you with us? I remember your poem from a while back.

Have you been writing more? I'll go have a look see.

While you're around, look at some of the other threads and feel very welcomed here at the Poetry Forum. There's much to do and learn.

Welcome!
;)
- Judo

Hi Judo,

You're honored to have me with you, with a question mark? Were you not sure, or were you demonstrating some Punctuate me, Baby confusion? ;) Well I am just kidding, and I am glad to be here. <?>

I think I'm going to like Literotica quite a bit, it is just a matter of having enough time to explore and not forget everything I've learned on one day for my visit the next day! lol..

I hope you'll be seeing more of me, and I do thank you for the warm welcome.

Sera :rose:

PS Punctuate me, Baby is so much fun, it's become my phrase of choice this week with friends. Of course, they have no idea what I'm talking about, so I keep sending them back to your link.. ;)

Back