The Official Authors' Hangout Halloween 2023 Contest Support Thread

I'm beginning to be peeved. I submitted mine about 32 hours ago and it's still not posted. I've been doing this for almost seven years and never submitted a story that was ultimately denied.

The category, maybe? I've long suspected some categories take longer than others.

Other than that, yes, it's a weekend. I usually don't expect much story action on weekends, though you submitted earlier. Odd.

The list of started Horror tales, whether for Halloween here or elsewhere, has grown into an unmanageable amount. I must just write, write, write until all five or six stories have an ending.

Damn my old assed editor... Mary and I must be taxing his time to much of late. I have to call him about a major mistake. One of my stories, when he added the title, copyright, and disclaimer pages, he put Mary's pen in the copyright and not mine. So, he's made the correction, but I haven't reupped it here yet. I mean, no one reads that part anyone. It won't clear the process until after the competition is done, I'm sure. Just a wee-bit frustrating to me.

Damn my old assed editor... Mary and I must be taxing his time to much of late. I have to call him about a major mistake. One of my stories, when he added the title, copyright, and disclaimer pages, he put Mary's pen in the copyright and not mine. So, he's made the correction, but I haven't reupped it here yet. I mean, no one reads that part anyone. It won't clear the process until after the competition is done, I'm sure. Just a wee-bit frustrating to me.
So, does this mean I get credit for your horror story? Would you be required to share the money with me if you won? I check those little things before I load them here. And I check those little things, before I okay for the publisher to publish the story. Actually, I haven't, but I will from now on!

But what we're discussing is the elusive 4.5 rating and the effect of the one bomb. Also, how it devastates that rating and what it takes to recover from it. That's the average that we seek. No, I don't write for a rating, but when I have a 4.5, I appreciate it. I don't appreciate being bombed out of it.
A 4.5 isn't 4.50. It's 4.05. And sigh I ain't even got that.

Mine are pending but with no anticipated publishing dates. From the sounds of it, I bet Laurel has been overwhelmed with submissions. Maybe there are too many challenges which gum up the works. We’ll have to wait and see.

Mine are pending but with no anticipated publishing dates. From the sounds of it, I bet Laurel has been overwhelmed with submissions. Maybe there are too many challenges which gum up the works. We’ll have to wait and see.

Increasing possibility that somebody is going to win this with 10 votes.

Increasing possibility that somebody is going to win this with 10 votes.

I think it takes 25 votes to be eligible to place. Still, your point is a good one. The folks whose stories have not yet been posted are in a fantastic spot. Their followers will have plenty of time to read and vote on the stories, but there will be less time for random readers and trolls to find and vote for them.

I think it takes 25 votes to be eligible to place. Still, your point is a good one. The folks whose stories have not yet been posted are in a fantastic spot. Their followers will have plenty of time to read and vote on the stories, but there will be less time for random readers and trolls to find and vote for them.
I’ve never actually seen a rule on the number of votes required, you’re probably right.
Check yours again. I just checked and it's dated for publication tomorrow.
Mine as well.

Back