The Official Authors' Hangout Literotica 25th Anniversary Challenge Support Thread

Still new at this. For a contest, stories can be submitted ahead of time, to give Laurel a chance to review them, and then they are posted on 'opening day'. Do challenges work in the same way? Are stories posted on 'opening day' and throughout the challenge dates, or are they held until the challenge ending date?
Usually challenges work the same as competitions. As long as you add the keyword in the Admin Note section when you submit, it should be held until the first day. If you submit after the first day, it'll go live when it is processed.

Comp/challenge entries are likely to be given priority for approval.

Thanks alohadave! I've had an idea for a story for many many months, but never had the right 'hook' to unite the two main characters. The hook came to me this morning and I have written most of the story now. A little more cleanup and I should make the open.

Interestingly, I submitted my story yesterday for this challenge, and today it switched from Pending to 11/21/23. I will have to watch for other stories to see if anything gets posted on the 11/1/23 opener, or it everything is held until the end.

I won't have anything for this unfortunately but as a reader since the early 2000s I just wanted to say thank you to all the amazing writers throughout the years. You purveyors of boobs and butts inspired me to try my hand at this, so thank you, thank you, thank you.

I don't get into the author's hangout much but this challenge caught my eye. How to build a story around the number 25, hmmm.
The trick is to find a story you want to tell, and work the numbers in without messing up the story.
Got an idea last night and finished a quick short story this morning.
looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with.

Check out my published stories here, if you'd like: https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=4966491&page=submissions

Soon as I get settled in my vacation retreat tomorrow I turn in "Lit Happens"

I just need to go through the text one or two more times to edit and upgrade it a little, but I should have it sent in by tomorrow at the latest. 😌

My memoir, "Lit Happens" has been sent to the publisher. Lets see if Laurel likes it.

My Lit 25th story showed up in Mature today. "Somewhere Else in Time", a takeoff of the Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour movie, "Somewhere in Time", set at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. In my story, a young summer garden helper falls for the head gardener 25 years ago, but then graduates college the next summer and does not return to the island. In the present time, he sees an Internet story about her retirement, and attempts to go back 25 years for a second chance at love, using the time travel premise from the movie.

I thought my story might be held until 'challenge release date' but I did see another Lit 25 story published today. I guess they will trickle out and then get re-assembled at the end.

My Lit 25th story showed up in Mature today. "Somewhere Else in Time", a takeoff of the Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour movie, "Somewhere in Time", set at the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island. In my story, a young summer garden helper falls for the head gardener 25 years ago, but then graduates college the next summer and does not return to the island. In the present time, he sees an Internet story about her retirement, and attempts to go back 25 years for a second chance at love, using the time travel premise from the movie.

I thought my story might be held until 'challenge release date' but I did see another Lit 25 story published today. I guess they will trickle out and then get re-assembled at the end.
My Literotica retrospecive is still pending, I submitted that on Friday so this is an unusually long time for me to at least get a date. Did you put LIT25 in the Notes to Admin? If you forgot, be sure to send a DM to Laurel.

My Literotica retrospecive is still pending, I submitted that on Friday so this is an unusually long time for me to at least get a date. Did you put LIT25 in the Notes to Admin? If you forgot, be sure to send a DM to Laurel.

Mine took an extra day or two to get published compared to normal as well, but it's up now, and it both has the correct tags and had the LIT25 thing in the Admin field. I am sure yours will get approved soon. Some categories does seem to be slower than others. (Mine's in Incest, which seems to be the fastest moving category around, both when it comes to publishing and with readers.)

I did a story search of LIT 25 as just a Tag, sorted by Date, and saw 5 similar stories that hit the wire today. So I guess I'm not alone, and it looks like they will come out during the month, and hopefully be assembled in one grand list so we can catch the ones we missed.

Can anyone explain why my story for the Amorous Things contest got kicked back? It has been over a week since I published it, Oct 31.

My essay, "Loving Loving Wives," is in the queue.

A brief summary:

wololo-crane.gif

Can anyone explain why my story for the Amorous Things contest got kicked back? It has been over a week since I published it, Oct 31.
There should be a note explaining why it was sent back. That'll tell you the general reason why.

Look around for a note (and it's not a contest) they explain why

Lit Happens goes live tomorrow. It's going up in Humor and Satire and well over a dozen readers and trolls are ready to see it.

There should be a note explaining why it was sent back. That'll tell you the general reason why.
It was not sent back, it was never posted, however it is listed as an entry for the Amorous Things, but the link gives you a 404 error message. I know it is not a contest, but it is a great place to introduce my writing.

Back