The Ukraine vs. U.S.A. Mutant Chickens

shereads said:
Good lord. I read every subversive rant I can find on the internet, and I never heard of that one. I hate to pull a realguyusa and ask it you can document this, but otherwise it's hard to believe that nobody has whispered a word of it in the anti-war press that I read so much of.
I can only agree, but in my experience this sort of thing goes on much more often than anyone would like to think.

This particular case was referenced to me earlier today by friends who'd seen this documentary on TV a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find some documentation.

perdita said:
ella, here's an article w/links to others at the end. P.

url

Thanks, Perdita and Sarastro.

Not sure how I missed this on salon, or why they haven't followed up, but I feel sick.

I think I'll go read something trashy now.

perdita said:
ella, here's an article w/links to others at the end. P.

url
Thanks, Purdy! That looks like the one. The way I heard the numbers, there were 7000 being transported, and 3000 left alive at the end.

Sarastro, would you please not call me Purdy. A couple people do, but I know them well. I don't mean to pick on you, but perhaps others will see this. Perdita is a favorite Shakespearean character, and a Spanish name, so Purdy just doesn't make sense (unless you're Pops). Thanks.

Perdita

perdita said:
Sarastro, would you please not call me Purdy. A couple people do, but I know them well. I don't mean to pick on you, but perhaps others will see this. Perdita is a favorite Shakespearean character, and a Spanish name, so Purdy just doesn't make sense (unless you're Pops). Thanks.

Perdita

*racking my brain to try to remember if I've made that particular faux pas*

Damn migraine, I've no idea if I have or not. If so, I'm sorry.

How about 'dita?

- Mindy

P, do you have any idea how hard it is for me to read Terry Pratchett, where one of the chracters call herself Perdita X Nitt?:D

It makes me jump every time.

I don't feel comfortable with seeing my friends' names in stories. The more people I get to know, the harder it egts for me to come up with names for my own characters.:)

Svenskaflicka said:
P, do you have any idea how hard it is for me to read Terry Pratchett, where one of the chracters call herself Perdita X Nitt?:D

It makes me jump every time.

I don't feel comfortable with seeing my friends' names in stories. The more people I get to know, the harder it egts for me to come up with names for my own characters.:)

There is a children's book with my name in it. Not just my first name, either. My full name. Freaked me out as a kid since Mindy isn't all that common in the first place and my last name isn't either.

- Mindy

Flicka, what book has Perdita? I am really enjoying Wyrd Sisters now. P.

Boxlicker101 said:
I might be the only one here who remembers the schmoos, created by Al Capp. These cattle sound like them. :)

When I was a child we visited dogpatch in Arkansaws. And I was aSchmoo fan :)

they had two there. their costumes were a little threadbare, but at 4 it was like meeting God :)

-Colly

Colleen Thomas said:
they had two there. their costumes were a little threadbare, but at 4 it was like meeting God :)

Costumes?

COSTUMES?

My god, is there nothing left to believe in? At least tell me they begged you to fry them and eat them.

perdita said:
Sarastro, would you please not call me Purdy. A couple people do, but I know them well.
Sorry. Just trying to be friendly. Saw someone else use it, so... And people here have already called me "Sar" many times, so it's a natural assumption that the nicknames fly fast and furious around here. Sorry if I invaded your personal space. I'm blessed to not have any myself.

Back