Tombstone at High Noon

Yes! All we need is to hear from you. I think ms upbj may not have had direct confirmation from all three of our potential Hatfield relations and I'm concerned our wild card is gonna be wild indeed.

Well Ms Hatfield, looks like thar's naught ta do but put on our formery and write. That thar judge Bijou dinn't say which form, so I guess we'se open as ta that.

If'n yaz don't see a form poem by me by noon tomorrow send Bijou with a sled and a dog team. The poem'll be clutched in my careworn blue fingers. :D

Yes! All we need is to hear from you. I think ms upbj may not have had direct confirmation from all three of our potential Hatfield relations and I'm concerned our wild card is gonna be wild indeed.

I confirmed my wildness with the Mistress of the Jewels earlier. :) I am house-bound with way too many people so while my time will be limited in terms of helping my fellow Hatfields, I do so solemnly swear to submit a knotty poem by the deadline.

*smackin' tt2u for tellin' Sara tales* Last night, I behaved as all Sara Crewe-Hatfields should and you can ask any one of the people whom I have paid to lie for me. They will all confirm that I was a perfect angel as always.

I confirmed my wildness with the Mistress of the Jewels earlier. :) I am house-bound with way too many people so while my time will be limited in terms of helping my fellow Hatfields, I do so solemnly swear to submit a knotty poem by the deadline.

*smackin' tt2u for tellin' Sara tales* Last night, I behaved as all Sara Crewe-Hatfields should and you can ask any one of the people whom I have paid to lie for me. They will all confirm that I was a perfect angel as always.

If'n I tell more tales, you promise to keep smackin' me..... :D

Nary a peep from bj since she headed on out into the storm on Saturday.

Entries from the Hatfield clan are in. Just awaiting on them thar Joads.

Nary a peep from bj since she headed on out into the storm on Saturday.

Entries from the Hatfield clan are in. Just awaiting on them thar Joads.

LOL! I think the entire Hatfield clan is quick on the trigger. So much for upbj's effort in trying to neutralize the early posting psyche manuever.

We'uns'll try to stay off'n the moonshine 'til them thar Joad varmints show they's beady lil eyes.

(I hope all is well in your stormy world, everyone. Be safe and stay warm.)

LOL! I think the entire Hatfield clan is quick on the trigger. So much for upbj's effort in trying to neutralize the early posting psyche manuever.

We'uns'll try to stay off'n the moonshine 'til them thar Joad varmints show they's beady lil eyes.

(I hope all is well in your stormy world, everyone. Be safe and stay warm.)

This beady eyed varmint just woke up. I need coffee and an idea. :D

With a couple hours to go, waitin on Ma Joad and The_Fool. Deadline pressure builds.

Have to have a look see if bj set a voting time frame. Details, details.

One from The_Fool and one to go. After I get it I'll set up the poll thread. Should be interesting to see how that works; if I stumble on the poll part I'm sure I can plaintively plea to a mod for help. I'll post bj's requirements on the poll thread to remind everyone of how to judge the results and, absent any other guidance from bj, will set the voting deadline for Sunday — six days should be plenty of time.

One from The_Fool and one to go. After I get it I'll set up the poll thread. Should be interesting to see how that works; if I stumble on the poll part I'm sure I can plaintively plea to a mod for help. I'll post bj's requirements on the poll thread to remind everyone of how to judge the results and, absent any other guidance from bj, will set the voting deadline for Sunday — six days should be plenty of time.

Six days is just a drop in the bucket compared to the time Hatfields have been shootin' at <loathing voice> Joaaads </voice>. I hope all is well in Kansas, Toto.

stopping in via a friend's computer to check the gunfight. Y'all only got a few minutes left. Clear the main street...

I'm on my way to the shop so I'll be back on soon from my usual space.

LeBroz, all your plans sound good - had talked to Angeline about setting up the poll so she may be planning to manifest that.

weather has been wacky!

I'll be back in here within an hour.

bj

I did say I'd help with setting up a poll if you need it, but I think you know how. :)

Six days is just a drop in the bucket compared to the time Hatfields have been shootin' at <loathing voice> Joaaads </voice>. I hope all is well in Kansas, Toto.

Oh put yer gun down, Alberta Annie. We Joads is movin to Kallyfornya if'n we kin ever git past this chere dustbowl uh yourn. My boyz is gonna leave me soon, but they'll grow up to be Henry Fonda, so it's ok.

Okay folks. Times up. All entries have been received. Going to set up the poll thread shortly and then we'll leave it in the capable hands of readers of poetry to decide.

I guess I can't vote

and if I can I vote for my team of course, but those Hatfield poems are excellent. Each of you did wrote such good poems, which is the point I guess. I don't even know what eagleyez wrote yet. :)

and if I can I vote for my team of course, but those Hatfield poems are excellent. Each of you did wrote such good poems, which is the point I guess. I don't even know what eagleyez wrote yet. :)
This is the way of the voting game. I'd vote for my team as well, simply since they're family. That sestina of your'n jes' blows me away tho' mz Joadeline. I was sitting there when I was thinkin' of where the topic and the words would take me, but I discarded the sestina. I had thought about a pantoum but I couldn't find a good line to run with.

I sorta tripped on the string and got all tangled up in knots. ;)

It was fun shootin' at y'all :p.

Hope y'all are liking the poems. I haven't read them yet. Now if only someone would make the poll a sticky for the next 6 days. Hint.

This is the way of the voting game. I'd vote for my team as well, simply since they're family. That sestina of your'n jes' blows me away tho' mz Joadeline. I was sitting there when I was thinkin' of where the topic and the words would take me, but I discarded the sestina. I had thought about a pantoum but I couldn't find a good line to run with.

I sorta tripped on the string and got all tangled up in knots. ;)

It was fun shootin' at y'all :p.

Thank you. I wrote it pretty fast and there are parts of it I really like, but I always forget until I write another how ghastly long those things are. This topic was made for ee though. He's a professional tree climber. I kid you knot. :D

What beautiful work you've all done! I must say you've really inspired me.

I may not be able to vote - not sure it's really legal for me to do so anyway but even if I wanted to I'd sure have trouble deciding between the two groups.

mmm. gonna go read them all over and over now.

I wish I could begin to tell you what a fine thing and an inspiration this has been to watch, on sooooo many levels (evil secretive grin...)

I like rope.

bijou

Ya'll - sorry I haven't been home since thursday night. I'll be eyeballing and voting, soon.

Whee!

I cannot, I cannot, I cannot vote. Argh.
I'm serious - I've spent like half an hour going back and forth, dozens of times. I fucking cannot decide. dammit. These are all very, very solid, and good for completely different reasons.

It really does have to be the ones that "made me think about binding etc." as is stated in the actual question, and I'm glad I did that now because if the question were just "which set is better?" I'd be lost for good.

man o man.

bj

I cannot, I cannot, I cannot vote. Argh.
I'm serious - I've spent like half an hour going back and forth, dozens of times. I fucking cannot decide. dammit. These are all very, very solid, and good for completely different reasons.

It really does have to be the ones that "made me think about binding etc." as is stated in the actual question, and I'm glad I did that now because if the question were just "which set is better?" I'd be lost for good.

man o man.

bj

Know what you mean. That's why I included a quote of your requirements in the thread start so readers would have them fresh in their minds.

I'll have to try again tonight after clearing my mind of all its clutter and see if I'm inspired — think bondage, bondage, bondage.

I love how this turned out, the results are the ironic poetry that we had hoped for.

Back