TSCLT 10.0: Confucius say he hates a pussy!

I don't even know if I have ever heard of that car.

I did become proficient thanks to my S10.

I even used it to teach a few people the skill...

I done learnt on a Pinto, which was entertaining, and no preparation for driving the kinda hi-po Cutlass with a Muncie close-ratio and too much rear gear.

I done learnt three-on-a-tree on a . . . Packard. With overdrive.

Yeah, I know.

Got plumbers. No butchers. Cunts!!!

packard-200-coupe-1951-383573.jpg

tumblr_mrqhzshReQ1s7onkxo1_500.jpg

I learned to shift a stick on an Allis Chalmers CA with an unsynchronized 4-spd transmission. Then, a Willys pick-up with a 3 spd. And soon after, a Dodge M37 with a 4-spd. My first vehicle was a Chevy pick-up with a 235-6 and 4-spd transmission. And my first mechanic-ing on it was to replace the clutch and throw-out bearing. I still own the clutch alignment tool I bought for that job back in 1972.

My dad made me learn to drive a stick. My last car was the first automatic I had and I STILL try to push in the clutch occasionally.

My friend recently bought this unique mini truck/beer-mobile but it’s stick. So we have to teach him to drive it. Should be super fun. 😬

I have only owned a couple of non-sticks in my day. And I do understand stomping the floor. Still do.

Junior's Mom gave him her old car when she traded and he could drive, and that's how he learned a stick. Nothing like being tossed in with the weasels.

I had the opportunity to drive a couple of B-model Mack road tractors, and they each had two transmissions, and therefore two shifters. One was a five-speed and the other was a two-speed. There was a lot of bullshit about double shifting and all that nonsense. Truth was, you ran through the five speeds in low on the second trans and then shifted it to high when you got wound up in fifth low. And that was simple and you didn't grind gears that way. Oh yeah, all double-clutching. Not a synchronizer in either gearbox. The Roadranger was a piece of cake in comparison.

So I don't fear ancient car transmissions.

_xa1BuAqt2T7qJmtktEBnrsq9O62JxZdQowYsrulMLoDE4Bw98Q0xVRaAPD-bAtqM55UYtkcYCLTf0FmTuho34gMSIf_rONcc-i2R5WO9hNSZnWiwkQf1NezdbxufkAEUbJuaGlbMOEzQFRQ-7R7DWtpWEq5AlPv5nG1kBh1l64p3ElA9FCqoGWQ4io59HkVrVd2

fete-si-masini-54adb13da457862227-0-0-0-0-0.jpg

Home. Got here early and took the landlady up to drop her car off at the paint shop. The poodles have left a couple of tooth prints in the paint, and there's some fucked-up clearcoat, too. They'll have it until Monday, I think.

The car trailer rocks, but it doesn't have a license plate mounting bracket. Something will have to be done about that.

Went to try the restaurant neither of us has been to. It was okay, but their attitude was better. The waitress was outstanding.

Today is one of those days where you can run the a/c during the day and the heat at night. :rolleyes:

78806c3fd49f2b39da1f1f0692a3a527.jpg

RK8uFcc41v.jpg

tumblr_ms655mBe6Q1qixedeo1_1280.jpg

I had the opportunity to drive a couple of B-model Mack road tractors, and they each had two transmissions, and therefore two shifters. One was a five-speed and the other was a two-speed. There was a lot of bullshit about double shifting and all that nonsense. Truth was, you ran through the five speeds in low on the second trans and then shifted it to high when you got wound up in fifth low. And that was simple and you didn't grind gears that way. Oh yeah, all double-clutching. Not a synchronizer in either gearbox. The Roadranger was a piece of cake in comparison.

So I don't fear ancient car transmissions.

I fucked up on a shift in a boom truck with an ectra 2 speed on the Caribou Creek hill going north on the Glenn Highway, once. It wasn't pretty and had to cram down to low to climb out of it.

I had a friend with a souped up Chevelle race car that had a Lenco transmission who attempted to teach that to me.

Way too much going on there, too many shifters!

Happy payday Wednesday!!! Bills are taken care of and josh is burning for those who need it. And we may all sleep soundly in the knowledge that Allah stokes the fires of Islamic Hell for those who need that.

Two sticks was a bit daunting, so I imagine a Lenco would be entertaining, to say the least. Funny, selector buttons on the shifter were less menacing. No idea why. But I was young and it was all cool. I think that the Tremecs are as simple as it gets, and you can have double overdrive, too, so that rear gear can be stump pulling low. Which makes me wonder, are Packard rears worth a fuck, and will a Mopar 8.75" fit? I bet they make one that is close. May have to move the mounting plates a wee bit.

Dayum!!! We're back to 60s and 40s for the next several days, and it'll be rainy for a few of them, too. Good thing I have a collection of rain jackets, most of which are in the car.

There be coffee . . . .

when-youre-at-the-masturbators-anonymous-meeting-and-they-ask-28174327.png

37pack88515-1.jpg

tumblr_mthhgaol5A1rlxsb8o1_1280.jpg

I gave up on the Lenco lesson after a couple of tries, I’ll just stick to what I know.

Heat wave here today, high of 46, but at least it’s not supposed to rain. I think then Canadians have been shipping all their crappy weather across the lake.

Yeah, that would be just like those selfish and inconsiderate fuckers. For indisputable proof, I refer you to all (but one, and she knows who she is) of the Canadiddians who post here.

But the pit weasels come from elsewhere. A pox upon them, and a few eternities in Islamic Hell, too.

Cats are settling in for their morning naps. Looks like a good idea, actually.

Okay, off to torment these weasels . . . .

cf59d4d0776bf3865c6ebbe17bffd4bd.jpg

12dd0d25-f766-4722-9775-89f0ec27beb4.JPG

tumblr_lnjh2wVn631qdn93vo1_1280.jpg

Deliveries this morning and just found out the culvert in out driveway is broken.
Made the call to the contractor neighbour and he'll be here tonight for dinner and a look see.
Gotta love semi-retirees who will work for roast beast and smashed spuds.

Yes you do. I'll settle for ones who will work.

Wood butcher was a no-show again today. Then he sent his kid to get started. He's off being Mister Very Big Business Man working on a side job and we can go fuck ourselves. Here to tell you, we can surmise who plows p00p-pipe last here. And it'll be a deep long-term ass-fucking, too.

It turned out to be a pretty day.

Off for an errand . . . .

26f60b0f93fda71268a44cde939a1c9f.jpg

LUT6x_bv4pp4y1HXjo-2RIWKAr6lpLUp2n6B9jaHZ-_fnta04VMjLN2F1W1oQ_MtEa1cntpXj-1PqmZ8drAETxvJTTM7WEZ07yojBByWJfV9WztkkfqL5ZP49ayz4lND3Hisr1k

BP4ElOT.jpg

After weeks of no sleep till Brooklyn, I ditched work for a bit to take the small one for an indeterminate period while the former attends to a family emergency. Slept a lot.

Speaking of lots of gears, I'm going to test-drive a low-mileage survivor in the am. It's a '69 C5500 flatbed with a two-speed rear end. Looks a lot like my grandpa's dump truck. His was probably a C6500 and I think his was diesel.

This has the big, industrial V6 block but in just 305.

Looks like someone sprayed two-stage modern paint on it. I'd prefer rust, but it's a nice twenty-footer. Way more truck than I "need" but you can't have too much truck, really.

Well, the Culvert edge bent but it's not completely broken, plans are being made to replace it later this summer dependent on when we can get the new pipe.

Invited his brother and SIL over as well so I wasn't the oldest in the room. It was nice talking with people closer to my own age.

Conager have fun with the little one, since the move I don't seem my borrowed one often enough and I'm a bit jealous.

I read that as "Codger." Sorry. My eyes are playing tricks on me because I have rolled them so long and so hard today.

Home. Snacked in. Lit some josh. The girl cat is stuck in her hiding place. This happens all the time. Just some extra scratching until she gets out again.

I may block it off, and then again, why?

Off to hit the rack soonest. Gotta get my harass the weasels strength sleep.

d263c8907b3e2a69f3b9edd5c6955c4b.jpg

1932-Packard-Front-End-683x1024.jpg

tumblr_mvh20yGvBw1qm5atjo1_1280.jpg

After weeks of no sleep till Brooklyn, I ditched work for a bit to take the small one for an indeterminate period while the former attends to a family emergency. Slept a lot.

Speaking of lots of gears, I'm going to test-drive a low-mileage survivor in the am. It's a '69 C5500 flatbed with a two-speed rear end. Looks a lot like my grandpa's dump truck. His was probably a C6500 and I think his was diesel.

This has the big, industrial V6 block but in just 305.

Looks like someone sprayed two-stage modern paint on it. I'd prefer rust, but it's a nice twenty-footer. Way more truck than I "need" but you can't have too much truck, really.

Good post..... and you are correct. No one ever has complained about having too much truck.

Hope it is a good buy.

I get the small one cool shirts and usually send them with her so she has very little here. Her Mom packed up some clothes that we neglected to load in the car. Shopping tonight, she was most insistent on a Spongebob shirt. Refused to consider or even look at any other options, so I got her some dad's-choice gems including one that extols her dad's awesomeness.

Impromptu car show at the Sun City McDonald's. Nice 40 Ford FoDo and a Buick I don't know ('39?) with more custom engine fairing than I prefer, a 56 Chebby, a later El Camino, Model A truck with Offenhouser flat heads and a handful of others. All completely straight with mirror finish like only retired guys have time to achieve.

Happy Thursday!!! Overslept a bit. Hmmmm.

I thought that B-J had several auctions per year. I think that the country club crowd likes to get out and flaunt its money sometimes. Of course, it would be fun to go to one, no matter.

Looks like a much cooler (42* now) day (high of 67*) and rain tonight.

Thanks be to Allah for coffee, some days more than others.

d8fc23c9a1c368fbf1f2dd298611f58a.jpg

1937-packard-six-business-coupe-1kal7jyq9-1-780x520.jpg

tumblr_mvi3xn5HWa1rphgogo2_1280.jpg

They do but the big one is the Scottsdale auction. Starting the week before and for several weeks after everyone is driving their toys around the town. The streets of Scottsdale become one large car show on their own.

George Jung, AKA Boston George, died yesterday.

He was the basis for the Johnny Depp movie Blow.

Great movie, and a crazy life.

Never been to Scottsdale or seen that movie. Perhaps my life is not worth living.

The cold air means it's quite foggy out there.

The landlady is still without wheels. That's another reason to own two operable vehicles. Of course, for those who drive Rolling Junque, they should have at least three, because any two of them are subject not to be running. She'll be fine, as she has nowhere she has to be.

Gotta put on my weasel scourging outfit . . . .

bbd9612157008ffa9896a0ef61f08f06.jpg

ed0db84d56285d99_f3fa0ad1c7f39e.jpg

tumblr_mxiajahQHd1rxkt25o1_1280.jpg

Back