TSCLT 11.0: The pantheon hates a pussy!!!

I bought my fixins for Christmas dinner on Friday: Brined turkey; Scallops in alfredo topped with brie; Pork spiedini with mushrooms and orange sauce; Suckertash; Baked mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese; Broccoli in cheese sauce; Mac - N - Cheese; Stuffing - one regular pan and one with pulled pork mixed in; Croissants.

I'll start brining my turkey Thursday morning and do most of the cooking on Friday. I do aluminum pans and then christmas day mostly they get re-warmed instead of cooked. Only a few things need cooked right before serving.

I suppose tomorrow I'll do my christmas shopping. I got Mrs. Savage, the Elder a plant. She's the tough one to buy for because she's old and has everything she wants. Mr. Savage, the Elder is easy to buy for - he's a fat bastard so a few meat sticks and some cheese and he's good. There's a new lady in Johnny's life this year. Only a month into the bumping uglies, so I figure some Real Tree cammo with pink trim. Nothing to relationshipy.

Coffee as a mummification agent. How interesting.

How you gonna make sure the pyramid is square?

Meh. Mighty big talk for a one-eyed fat man.

I just put out food for the neighbor cats. One was already sitting on my window sill. If I open the blinds, the cats can visit.

Or squabble through the glass.

Which is mighty big talk . . . .

a-man-with-a-nazi-flag.jpg

img195.jpg

tumblr_losi9s2hZz1qh5y9zo1_1280.jpg

I bought my fixins for Christmas dinner on Friday: Brined turkey; Scallops in alfredo topped with brie; Pork spiedini with mushrooms and orange sauce; Suckertash; Baked mashed potatoes with sour cream and cream cheese; Broccoli in cheese sauce; Mac - N - Cheese; Stuffing - one regular pan and one with pulled pork mixed in; Croissants.

I'll start brining my turkey Thursday morning and do most of the cooking on Friday. I do aluminum pans and then christmas day mostly they get re-warmed instead of cooked. Only a few things need cooked right before serving.

I suppose tomorrow I'll do my christmas shopping. I got Mrs. Savage, the Elder a plant. She's the tough one to buy for because she's old and has everything she wants. Mr. Savage, the Elder is easy to buy for - he's a fat bastard so a few meat sticks and some cheese and he's good. There's a new lady in Johnny's life this year. Only a month into the bumping uglies, so I figure some Real Tree cammo with pink trim. Nothing to relationshipy.

That sounds more like a last meal. :D

The trucks kinduva lemon anyway. Won't be that big a loss. . .

I got a new woman one time about this time of year. It was so silly. Best part of the whole thing was, we managed to avoid having her become the next ex Mrs. Tyler.

Made some eggs. Will wolf those and then change clothes to go to make groceries.

We got rain (and dropping temps) and the roof is still fine.

Many thinks to Allah for his manifold blessings and great mercies . . . .

a-sick-man-stands-in-front-of-a-soldier.jpg

img227.jpg

tumblr_lf5gzsyqd21qgs488o1_1280.jpg

This is the worst time of year to be entertaining a female. You've got the whole xmas present thing and possibly having to go out to parties and such. Then New Years and you are expected to stay awake until midnight. Then Valentines day is right around the corner. Another gift to buy. Probably another outing.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so damn charming.

It won't work out, so Dr. Wat says, dump the h000r now and beat the rush.

More time uninterrupted with the cats.

Or the Larry, as the case may be.

a-soldier-stands-in-front-of-a-burning-building.jpg

img228.jpg

tumblr_nv4tffrTgu1rhzk0mo1_1280.png

Still to damn cold out there to fire up the go-mobile to get more gas. Temp. is 19 and still falling...............come on Sun.

So I'm doing some end mill and various accessory shopping.

The cats seem to have expended their morning energy and have collapsed in the usual locations. That reminds me, I need to get a new scratching mat for them. It's their Xmas present.

Ethyl needs/wants a cat tree.

The big one.

I hit up her grandmother for one and then Ethyl clawed her, so I think that horse ran away from home.

I mean, Hell, she claws me, so . . . .'

a-war-plane-flies-over-ruins.jpg

img230.jpg

tumblr_n0yb8jdAjS1rxkt25o1_1280.jpg

Managed to dodge any Xmas shopping crowds, they don't get up early in these parts.

Got the cats their scratching pad, loaded it with catnip and gave them their present early. They dove right into it and should be OD'd in 15 min. or so which means they'll crash and leave me alone.

Got my new printer set up. It sucked nearly not at all.

The rain is abating. The roof repair is intact, and Allah mercies are being regaled near and far.

Getting some paperwork sorted out. 'Bout damn time for some of it. It's easier now.

And the USPS actually delivered a package today. Bought a cracked anvil hood ornament, thinking I could/can fix it. Gooped it up with stickum and put a clamp on it. It can sit like that all week, if need be. We'll see.

buildings-destroyed-by-war.jpg

img234.jpg

tumblr_n35qdpyl141spotxqo1_1280.jpg

Shitfuck McGurk, we're gonna require a new thread soon.

Well, Manglement will require us . . . .

camel-pulling-soldiers.jpg

img235.jpg

tumblr_n0ydnfucAH1rxkt25o1_1280.jpg

Yes I have!!! And now, it looks like Xmas day will be warm and decent, so I think I can get the front half coated with the top coat product. I will beat this house into shape if that includes striking matches and burning it to the ground.

Happy Monday!!! Gotta finish packing and loading to head Out West for a few days. The landlady has inquired after an Irish Wolfhound, so we may be going to pick him up if the deal comes through. We'll see. And of course, there are people to see. For as loathed as he is, people like Wat and want to see him, just to see if he is as ornery as they remembered.

And the cats are coming aloing, because who needs a quiet ride or a stereo when cats will happily spend the journey regaling one and all with The Songs of Their People?

Which makes for needing coffee.

eb1b628f088e4d0f0eb82d0f7432dbde.jpg

charging-soldiers.jpg

img242.jpg

Sheyla_Hershey14.jpg

Not at the same time, thanks be to Allah.

I don't know much about them except that they are very tall.

I hope that he doesn't scare the pasture poodles.

Looking forward to seeing Fred . . . .

img263-001.JPG

277.jpg

I think they are pretty sedate dogs. Size tends to do that to dogs.
It's the little ankle-biters that are the real terrors/terriers!
(There's a reason as to why those two words are so close.)

Ah, life is so good. Coffee is hot, the weather is still not winter
and the dogs were up late, I am up early and they are worn out.

My only minor complaints are a toothache which comes and goes
and this is the last day of my internet billing period and I have
hit the data limit (which is supposed to be unlimited) which means
that my internet is moving at the speed of the frozen snot that
drips from your nose when winter hunting, camping or hiking.

Pisses me off. My New Year's resolution might be to look for
a truly unlimited option. It's just cheaper to have it bundled
with my satellite television, which ironically is usually out of
service when you need it the most -- during bad weather...

They are gaze hounds and will run down anything that runs from them unless thoroughly socialized. Once they are on 'the course' they are virtually unstoppable. You have a dog that weighs up to 180 lbs capable of hitting 40 mph.

On the bright side they are good with people and for a gaze hound are relatively easy to train. However they can't be trained with a heavy hand, a lot more carrot than stick is required.

Oh, and they make for terrible lap dogs. :D

A pack of dachshunds will relentlessly hunt anything down.

:D

They use all take a unique path to their objective.
Like a car out of alignment, they don't do straight.

Then, they don't kill it, they attempt to bark it to death.
You should see them with a snake. No matter where it turns,
it gets a nip on its tail. Eventually it just gives up and dies...

Back