Voices In The Hangout

Re: let's see if this will work...

wildsweetone said:
Short and sweet just to see if it works. I say 'Arohanui from New Zealand'

(just in case your ears aren't tuned for somebody who has no accent. ;) )

Aroha = love
nui = big

...hope it works

Nice one love, very pleasant.

pops, thank you :) i'll see if i can figure out how to do something fractionally longer... these quickies are not nearly enough ;)

chicklet, Arohanui is from the Maori language. :)

Re: let's see if this will work...

wildsweetone said:

Aroha = love
nui = big

Big love has other meanings, too, you know.

Yeppers

wildsweetone said:
pops, thank you :) i'll see if i can figure out how to do something fractionally longer... these quickies are not nearly enough ;)

chicklet, Arohanui is from the Maori language. :)

Yea I hate quickies too love, hehe!!

Only way I can see is to post voice stuff in bits if you want to put it here on Lit threads, 100Kb or less at a time, damn shame cos it ruins a good chat keep stopping and starting.

oh don't get me wrong pops, quickies have their place eh... ;) although personal preferences tend towards the leisurely... i think it's an age thing lol

it's not often that i deliberately try to speak slowly enough to be understood though ;) i'll have another go in a couple of days.

Re: Yeppers

pop_54 said:
Yea I hate quickies too love, hehe!!

Only way I can see is to post voice stuff in bits if you want to put it here on Lit threads, 100Kb or less at a time, damn shame cos it ruins a good chat keep stopping and starting.

well like you can call the 800 number or whatever and leave an audio message and put a link somewhere = ) ... if you want to get all fancy

Anybody know for certain how Laurel feels about links to off-site locations? :cathappy:

What I am thinking about, are utilities like Yahoo Briefcases. ;)

They offer 25 megs. of space for free. One uploads their file to a Briefcase, then offers a link to the Briefcase, with a description of what is offered in it. :cool:

Of course, one would have to put an “Expiry Date” in a prominent place, so that anyone passing through old threads would be aware that these old files may no longer be on offer. :confused:

It is, the simplest way around the problem than I can come up with, but it all hangs on whether Laurel will give us special dispensation for links outside the Literocity site. ;)

She just might not like a link directing her Literocity audience to a site with competing advertisers :catroar: although there is not much to do in someone else’s Briefcase, other than to select and download files. :eek:

Also, Laurel may require a warning that Literocity IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for either the content, or the integrity of any file stored outside the actual Literocity site. :mad:

Just something to cover her, in case someone has any actionable material in their Briefcase, or if any of it - not having passed through Literocity computers - contains a file which is contaminated and buggy.

Naturally, the majority of us have virus protection (Norton or McAfee) incoming and outgoing, for just such an occasion, but Laurel cannot be held responsible if someone does not, and encounters a bug. :eek:

actionable briefs

Quasimodem said:
Just something to cover her, in case someone has any actionable material in their Briefcase,
Oops! Sorry, Quasi, I thought you were talking about actionable material in your briefs. Nevermind. Phew!

Pink Perdita ;)

Back