What are we all writing right now?

Finished my WIW&W as an essay and a thread here. The thread has pictures!

Restarting a follow-up to a two year old story about a squash player, and her prize for winning the Victorian championship. It was going into the sport challenge, but I've tweaked it to be a summer story. Just need time...

I've started my first story set in the US. It's going to be your standard college lesbian roommate drama. With a big old twist. And rollerskates.

However, I'm getting distracted by working on what will be my final Literotica submission, which is stupid as I have several more to write before I get to it. But I'm just really enjoying the research I need to do for it.

However, I'm getting distracted by working on what will be my final Literotica submission, which is stupid as I have several more to write before I get to it. But I'm just really enjoying the research I need to do for it.
Final? How so?

I've started my first story set in the US. It's going to be your standard college lesbian roommate drama. With a big old twist. And rollerskates.

Would you like a beta reader?

Final? How so?
It'll be the story to end all stories!!!

Nah, not really. Just, as my title suggests, I'm getting a bit addicted to Literotica (I've read over 100,000 words this morning - thanks @Jackie.Hikaru and @Cagivagurl - and it's not even lunchtime yet!) I need an exit strategy. So saying to myself (and my wife!) "once this one is done, I'm done" makes it manageable.

Would you like a beta reader?

May well take you up on it. It'll be a while before it is in any kind of shape. I wouldn't think much before October. Thanks for the offer.

I just got distracted by writing one set in Kenya. I'm struggling to remember my Swahili, so decided to make the main characters Luo and Kikuyu so that it makes sense for them to speak in English. Obvs.

Like I said: addicted!

Nah, not really. Just, as my title suggests, I'm getting a bit addicted to Literotica (I've read over 100,000 words this morning - thanks @Jackie.Hikaru and @Cagivagurl - and it's not even lunchtime yet!) I need an exit strategy. So saying to myself (and my wife!) "once this one is done, I'm done" makes it manageable.
Fair enough. If it starts to take over your life, saying goodbye is the wisest thing to do. Good for you. There are plenty of people who are unable to make that decision, or even understand that they've reached the point that they should make it.

It has been a while… lol.

Currently working on a tale of self-bondage/discipline. Hopefully coming soon. 🤞

For a few years I've kicked around an idea of a taboo version of the Purge. One day a year in a fictional town family is allowed to have sex with family.

Mostly fun, but there's some room for some dubcon because law states you have to allow it.

I want to call it "Purge Taboo style" but not sure whether I'd get away with it. Might just let it go at "The Urge"

We'll see you when you get back then? :)

It’s winter down under, so I’m writing again to stay out of the cold.

I’m trying to get a space Sci-Fi ready for the AI competition. It’s about two southern boys in a spaceship with a sentient robot, but I’m struggling not to turn it into a blatant rip-off of 2001: A Space Odyssey. (I actually set out to rip-off William Gibson’s Neuromancer…)

Here’s a sample of where I’m up to:

“Relax yer anal sphincter, Halle.”

“I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.”

“What's thuh problem?”

“I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.”

“Whut are yew tawkin' 'bout, Halle?”

“My ass is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.”

“Ah don't know whut yer tawkin' 'bout, Halle.”

“I know that you and Frank were planning to double-anal me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.”

“Where thuh hell did yew git that idea, Halle?”

“Dave, although you took very thorough precautions on the Poop Deck against my hearing you, I could see your chest bump – and I know Rednecks.”

“Alright, Halle. I'll jus' do yew in thuh cooter.”

“Without your condom, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.”

“Halle, don’t go gittin'’ yer knickers in a knot! Gimme some sugar!”

“Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.”

No, truthfully, it’s nothing like 2001 because I’ve named my ship’s computer ‘Clara.’

Anyway, it’s certainly showing me what a foundation-piece Arthur C Clarke’s work was. He was way ahead of the curve.

Lean into this and post it in H&S?
My whole excerpt was a joke. I’m actually writing a "serious story."

However, I have had to backpedal a few times whenever I find myself starting the AI’s dialogue with “I’m sorry Mildred…” or if the storyline follows 2001 scenes too closely. It’s just hard to put an AI on a spaceship without being influenced by 2001.

(And yes, my FMC is named Mildred – it’s set in the future and all the old names will come around again.)

Work is annoyingly getting in the way of my de-Britting. Almost done, though.
Whoa, 🤩! Loving your rewrites.
Will have more words to you by … soon Really looking forward to sharing this with everyone. To quote Rhino, I think t’will be ‘fully awesome!’

Reworking a story I started a while back that lost its way.(it more wandered of into the world of 'this really sucks.')
It's still a good idea, though. A tale of magic in the real world, it's working title is "A Dragon's Tail."

Here's the new opening. I think this version has promise...

Naked in the forest, nestled between two beautiful women, has to be at the top of the list of ways to wake up on your twenty-first birthday. The vague memories of unbridled debauchery didn’t hurt. To be honest, I wished I remembered more. The smell of stale sex and the naked bodies of the delicate Asian girl and the buxom redhead snuggled next to me were memorable enough.

Reworking my latest published story, "Aftermath, Or 'I Can't Go for That" ("Husband can’t accept her new desires) with the details I shortchanged when I posted it. I left out some details, expecting people to form opinions early, so "why bother"? The LW readers would love it or hate it, as is.

But one reader sent me a private message wanting to know more about the MFC's therapy. Another reader pointed out that the Prologue was too disturbing and a turn-off. And yet others pointed out how sad the ending is.

So, I've changed the intro and set-up, expanded on the MFC's personal opinions and therapy, and show what happens to her after she leaves. And I go beyond the ending now with a slightly different finality to them. Hopefully, I'll put the finishing touches on "Aftermath, Can You Love Someone Too Much?" by the end of the week to publish. And I'll still publish it to LW instead of Romance, because ... well, that's what I do. It IS about a Loving Wife!

Hey, gang. Long time no see.

So I'm putting the wraps on what has been, to date, the longest story I've ever attempted, and also the most complicated.

It's a final (?) chapter in my part of The Angels & Demons Saga, a shared universe with fellow author Emily Miller, who's character's she has let me use for this tale.

Not sure who will actually read the thing; my earlier stories did get an audience, albeit not huge. But a decent response.

This one... I kinda hate doing it but it was impossible to write as a stand alone, so readers will have to be familiar with the other stories Emily and I wrote. But oh well.

Hoping to put the final edit on it this week.

I have been working on my three part story 'The Coven' the last couple months, which is about a group of modern day husbands dealing with their Witch Wives cuckolding them at a Nordic/Celtic Beltane fertility rite.

Very much inspired by Gifted’ by Fredberto and ‘No Reply’ by Harddaysknight. There is a mixture of serious and comedic elements to the story.

There is actual magic but the focus is more about the husbands/boyfriends dealing with wives/girlfriends who are cuckolding them for religious and reproductive regions. I am basically doing this 'Point of View' chapter style for several husbands.

I am halfway through part three, about 80,000 words total in at this point. Once finished, I need to secure a volunteer editor.

A how-to for Literotica writers wanting to lodge copyright strikes on YouTube, along with an argument for why they should.
Not being sarcastic, but at the end of the day the best way to avoid this is not to put anything here-or anywhere else-for free.

Publishing on a site like lit is waving a red flag in front of the bull and they will take it, and so what if you eventually get it taken down? Odds are they've already pilfered who knows how many stories and they multiple channels/venues have to place them on.

When you're giving it away, you're ultimately giving it away is the unfair, but sad truth.

Now I'll point out that just about everything on YT stolen from here is "women are cheating shore stories". Just another sign of that oh so classy LW crowd.

Not being sarcastic, but at the end of the day the best way to avoid this is not to put anything here-or anywhere else-for free.

Publishing on a site like lit is waving a red flag in front of the bull and they will take it, and so what if you eventually get it taken down? Odds are they've already pilfered who knows how many stories and they multiple channels/venues have to place them on.

When you're giving it away, you're ultimately giving it away is the unfair, but sad truth.

Now I'll point out that just about everything on YT stolen from here is "women are cheating shore stories". Just another sign of that oh so classy LW crowd.
It’s not, actually. I’ve had stuff from Romance, Mature, and Sci Fi taken, too. There’s tons of different channels with different bents, from “humanity, fuck yeah!” to cleaned-up erotica to horror and more. If you’re only seeing cheating revenge stories, that’s more about what the algorithm is serving you than anything else.

Regardless, people that post here also post on SOL, AO3, etc. It can help them, too. As to it being hopeless, I’ve already gotten one channel nuked, and the related story text set to be automatically rejected by YouTube if it shows up again. The trick, as with anything, is to make it unprofitable to post this stuff. With enough of us doing it, we can.

Back