What do you NEED right now? pt 2

I love them too, but it's not lobster.

I haven't had a lobster since summer ended, after a parade of shellfish all summer at the beach

I wish I lived near the coast. Lobster costs a small fortune where I live, hundreds of miles from the ocean.

I wish I lived near the coast. Lobster costs a small fortune where I live, hundreds of miles from the ocean.

Living in the Northeast of the US, I feel we get very good lobster and other shellfish. Oysters probably being my favorite. It all comes from the cold water off New England and Atlantic Canada.

You've got the leg up on plenty of other stuff. Whenever I'm in Europe the quality of stuff seems so much higher. Even walking through a grocery store, the produce looks so much brighter and fresher than what I generally get.

I need to make more of a point to visit farmers markets for the fresh stuff straight from the farm, especially this time of year

I'm not fond of Caviar, too salty, but I like your choice of wine. I do like a Riesling, but it tends to be overpriced here, as is Chablis in my opinion. I will buy them on special occassions, but for normal use there are cheaper wines which taste almost as good.

Good wines are so reasonable here. You can get an excellent local Riesling for under EUR 10 a bottle.

Chablis is an excellent white too. As is Grüner Veltiner from Austria 😍

I love eggs, they are so versatile.

Now I need an omelette 🤣

An egg is all you need nutrition wise and comes in a convenient package. I had a beer omelette once.............. well to be honest I knocked my beer over my omelette. It wasn't that bad. :D

Living in the Northeast of the US, I feel we get very good lobster and other shellfish. Oysters probably being my favorite. It all comes from the cold water off New England and Atlantic Canada.

You've got the leg up on plenty of other stuff. Whenever I'm in Europe the quality of stuff seems so much higher. Even walking through a grocery store, the produce looks so much brighter and fresher than what I generally get.

I need to make more of a point to visit farmers markets for the fresh stuff straight from the farm, especially this time of year

You are right of course. We always want what we cannot have. Can you buy raw milk cheese in the US?

I love oysters with Guinness. A complete meal in my humble opinion.

Now I need oysters and Guinness. Boo!

Good wines are so reasonable here. You can get an excellent local Riesling for under EUR 10 a bottle.

Chablis is an excellent white too. As is Grüner Veltiner from Austria 😍

We have high taxes on alcohol, and with VAT the first £5 of an average priced bottle is all tax. :eek:

If it's super cheap, I think we have something similar here (or did when I was at university) called Boone's Farm. Utterly crap.

I hate cheap wine. The hangovers are dire 🤢

Works for me! lol

An egg is all you need nutrition wise and comes in a convenient package. I had a beer omelette once.............. well to be honest I knocked my beer over my omelette. It wasn't that bad. :D

Hehehehe Welsh rabbit.

Argh, all this talk about good food, especially seafood, my *favorite*, when I'm just going to have to settle for leftovers for lunch!

I think I need to stop reading this thread lol

You are right of course. We always want what we cannot have. Can you buy raw milk cheese in the US?

I love oysters with Guinness. A complete meal in my humble opinion.

Now I need oysters and Guinness. Boo!

Unpasteurized cheese is not something I generally see. I'm not sure if it's totally unavailable, but you'd have to go looking for it. And I spend plenty of time in the cheese aisle

I have not actually paired oysters with Guinness, going to have to give that a try

Unpasteurized cheese is not something I generally see. I'm not sure if it's totally unavailable, but you'd have to go looking for it. And I spend plenty of time in the cheese aisle

I have not actually paired oysters with Guinness, going to have to give that a try

It’s wonderful. Very decadent.

I have everything I ‘need’ but I wouldn’t mind for the clock to speed up a bit. Maybe if I stop staring at it intently... 🤔

Back