What I Wrote and Why: the support thread

I liked writing mine. I would have written more of them, but I was busy with the Alistaire project. Hopefully, we will do this again, and I'll have more time to get some things off my chest.
I have enjoyed reading a lot of you guys' as well, and have several more bookmarked in my reading list.

Altough I wrote one on Plot Premise Plant Pivot and Patch in reading some stories since, I have realised the benefit of 'Path' (just had to keep the Ps going).
That is the very opposite of a Patch in that from teh Premise and Plant the reader can start to anticipate the direction the story is going in and be waiting for the firing of Chekhov's gun. That doesn't mean the plot has to be predictable, it can twist but not cheat. But the ability for the reader to think ahead to the Pivot and enjoy either finding that they were right, or even beautifully wrong makes the story so much better.
But those thoughts are not enough for another entry, and too late if it was.

Assuming that it's too late for any new WIWAWs to be published during the official event, I count 47 entries with the "WIWAW 2024" tag, of which 22 have a shiny red H.

Speaking for myself, it's been great fun reading everyone's (or nearly everyone's) WIWAWs, finding out what topics people chose, and seeing the response from readers.

Thanks, everyone, for taking part in what I think has been a very successful event!

I was hoping to do something for this, but I did not have time to get anything done and still finish my Summer Lovin' entry. (And there are only a few weeks left to finish one for the Crime and Punishment Challenge!)

I still think it's a great idea, and will likely write something along these lines again at some point.

OK, is this weird? People are downvoting Laurel's post with the story list. As far as I can tell, besides my 5, there's a been a 2 and a 1. Who does that?

OK, is this weird? People are downvoting Laurel's post with the story list. As far as I can tell, besides my 5, there's a been a 2 and a 1. Who does that?
People who don’t like the concept, I’d guess. Perhaps they saw their favorite author listed and were disappointed they didn’t get new erotica.

I don't think it's any weirder than any other reason anybody votes.

Pay it no mind. Embrace ambiguity.

Perhaps they saw their favorite author listed and were disappointed they didn’t get new erotica.
My WIWAW (that actually talked about a specific story) earned terrible numbers. I think you're correct. Readers just wanted boobies and wienies. Oh, well. Give the people what they want, I guess!

My WIWAW (that actually talked about a specific story) earned terrible numbers. I think you're correct. Readers just wanted boobies and wienies. Oh, well. Give the people what they want, I guess!
Actually, some readers want mega-melons and Saveloys (Jumbo Sausages) but that diet is probably not good for them.

I was about to vote for it, then stopped, thinking why would anyone vote up or down for a simple list?

Back