Where are the New England Peeps?

Nobody spends $331 million dollars just because their feelings may have been hurt. 😂

It’s the going rate and the fact that he’s only 26, it makes sense. I liked Bogaerts but I couldn’t see him being paid over 25 million a year at the age of 39, 40 and 41.

Red Sox fans have really been down on this team lately but the nucleus is there. Let’s see what they do to acquire starting pitching other than 36 year old Corey Kluber

I'm old school sabermetrics. I assume we'll get peak Devers for a few more years then the decline phase. If I ever were a GM I'd have night terrors with any 11 year contract

It’s the going rate and the fact that he’s only 26, it makes sense. I liked Bogaerts but I couldn’t see him being paid over 25 million a year at the age of 39, 40 and 41.

Red Sox fans have really been down on this team lately but the nucleus is there. Let’s see what they do to acquire starting pitching other than 36 year old Corey Kluber
I assume the theory of getting a gm from the Rays organization is that we would be able to develop our own. Thus far, that doesn't seem to be working out terribly well.

I am former New Englander. Very depressed I ever left for "love". Someday I will return full time.
Any love for Maine out there? Have to admit after being a mass-hole for years and a sister who still is, Maine has stolen my heart. I spent my formative years in Maine and spend every other Christmas there.

Not sure it counts but wanted to chime in

I am former New Englander. Very depressed I ever left for "love". Someday I will return full time.
Any love for Maine out there? Have to admit after being a mass-hole for years and a sister who still is, Maine has stolen my heart. I spent my formative years in Maine and spend every other Christmas there.

Welcome @macster3951 ! Plenty of love for Maine here!

We love vacationing in Southern Maine- York, Ogunquit, or Wells. Perkins Cove is a favorite.

I am not looking but I will chime in! I lived in metro Boston, seacoast of NH and in Maine. I now live in Montreal.
I miss home and try to get back as often as possible.
You live in a beautiful and vibrant city and still not too far away from New England. Pre Covid I would go up every couple of years to dance (and dance in Montpelier on the way there)

You live in a beautiful and vibrant city and still not too far away from New England. Pre Covid I would go up every couple of years to dance (and dance in Montpelier on the way there)
I agree! The Old Port of Montreal reminds me of Boston.
I got burned out from doing the drive every week but it is a nice car ride.

I agree! The Old Port of Montreal reminds me of Boston.
I got burned out from doing the drive every week but it is a nice car ride.
oh I can see that. Even with audio books that would get old. Probably more like Boston than almost any US city. Very neighborhood oriented.

Nobody spends $331 million dollars just because their feelings may have been hurt. 😂
With John Henry, I would not be surprised he did. As the owner of the Pittsburg Perkins and the Red Sox. Being booed in his own building. He may have. How many billions does he have

With John Henry, I would not be surprised he did. As the owner of the Pittsburg Perkins and the Red Sox. Being booed in his own building. He may have. How many billions does he have
His net worth is about $4 billion. While you may have heard people booing, he heard the ca-ching from people filling his coffers by being there.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see the nucleus.
I know I"m not the most perceptive guy
but the last nucleus I saw was Betts, Benintendi, Bogaerts, Martinez and Devers.

Back